You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Do I Have A Ghost In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Do I Have A Ghost In My House?

 

First things first I have always had strange things happen around me. Strange dreams of people who have died and I have never known or seen before like my mum's dad who died when she was seven. I grew up believing her step dad was my grandfather, in my dream I was in a room and a name was being written all over the walls William James Parker the walls opened out there was a clergy man sitting on a rock at a beach, he told me to tell my mum he was proud of her. I told my mum she's admitted her dad used to be a reverend and later on that year we went to a beach the same one in my dream with the same rock, my grandmother told me that's where my mother's father had proposed to her.

Now on to the main thing we moved into an old barn conversion when I was ten. I have always felt uncomfortable in the house mainly because things I can't explain happen, things come off walls, I have a lamp in my room I can click the switch and it comes on for a split second the goes off I look and it's not plugged into my wall and what really upsets me is when I'm in bed I see a dark figure either at the end of my bed or standing over me. Every night if my feet are out of the covers they feel as if someone's tickling them when I say stop it it stops immediately, also it feels as if someone is stroking my face it's really un-nerving.

Am I going mad?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bethanJay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
you're not mad, its what we call, 'attracted ghost'. If a ghost sees you lonely without boyfriend he'll be attracted sexually by you, and that will leand to body connection between you and him. Note that you have to sleep with your true love so that he'll leave you alone.
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Nope your still sane you just got a ghost stuck with you. But is it just a figure? Or can you tell if its a kid or someone older? If its a kid maybe its just messing with you but if its not... I recommend you do some major research about your home.
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
I sometimes have dreams of the future bu none about people dying. I was in 5th grade and I dreamt I was in a class room with sinks and everything and when I went to 8th grade I was talking to my friend and I said " Deja Vu" he asked me why I said that and I told him that I've seen this place in a dream a couple years ago. He too, tells me that he dream of the future.
mereki (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
i don't think it was harmfull,
It did stop when you told it to.
As people say, it wants to be noticed.
😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
bethanjay, Our dreams are sometimes like a sub conscious bridge between our world and the next... Sometimes we cross over and meet our loved ones in their realm and sometimes they cross into ours... Passing this message on to your mother was the obvious intent of your dream and a gratifying one I'm sure... Other activity that has been going on in your life does suggest you have a degree of natural psychic ability... And those that are sensitive will attract the attention of ghost and others alike... If it is to unnerving to cope with, ask them to leave... But understand this... A lot of these wandering souls are lost or confused and 99 percent of the time they mean you no harm...

Daz
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Well as for the Dream, I have dreams too, not exactly the same as your dream but I seem to dream of the near future, for instance I had a dream that my Cousin Tyler died, I woke up crying, 12 hours later I received a phone call that he was dead. I'm not an expert or anything but I believe that having dreams like this is our link to the underworld or what have you, it is why people like you and I experience hauntings and the like we are closer to the other side or something. And Take it from me Farms, especially old ones, are creapy, and I have been in a haunted barn before, you are experiencing a Haunting.
guy48 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Your not going mad becasue this is most likely a ghost but it could also be your imagination or you could be dreaming.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: