You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Paranormal Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Visitor

 

My experience happened about a couple of years ago, when I was around 14 to 15. I still haven't ever been able to fully explain it to anyone because it's fairly awkward and embarrassing, so I thought I would share it here. I have never had any real ghostly or spiritual experiences before this that I can remember so this was extremely scary for me.

I was asleep in my bed one night; the time would have probably been around 3-4 am. I remember waking up to someone standing in my room; it was dark so I could only see a silhouette. I remember I was lying on my side and I could see this 'person' out of the corner of my eye. They were standing about a meter from me towards the end of my bed. I remember thinking it was someone in my family (I have no idea why?) so I pretended I was asleep and ignored them so they would go away. But next thing I know this 'person' is standing right at the level of my head, next to my bed. I closed my eyes so they would leave, but they leant down and whispered something in my ear (it frustrates me that I can't remember what, but it was a male voice), they also strangely pinched me on the bum as they whispered it. I'm not sure how they got under my blankets without moving them but they somehow managed it. But this is the part of the story that gets awkward to tell. At the time, I had my period and was sleeping with a tampon in, and when the 'person' pinched me on the bum, they caught the string and it caused me to have an intense pain in my stomach, and with that the 'person' had disappeared and I fell back asleep.

I woke up the next morning still thinking it was someone in my family, but when I mentioned it they all looked at me like I was crazy. That's when I started to think that maybe it was something else...

I've researched since and found out about shadow men, which seemed to be the only spirit/entity that seemed to fit my description. I haven't seen this thing since, but I have always been curious as to what it wanted and why it visited me in the way it did...

If anyone could give me help as to what you think it could be that would be great, as I find that with the few people I've told, they seem to think I'm crazy with the bum pinching part, so please helpful comments only. Thanks for any help in figuring this out.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, isabel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
I keep thinking incubus, because I don't know what else that would be.
That's really weird I'd be freaked haha
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
That Ghost is such a Bastard!

You sound like you need a St. Benedict Medal!

The following is a partial list of the many pious purposes of the Medal of St. Benedict.

1. It wards off from both the soul and the body all dangers arising from the devil.

2. The Medal is powerful in obtaining for sinners the grace of conversion.

3. It obtains protection and aid for persons tormented by the evil spirit, and in temptations against holy purity.

4. It procures assistance in the hour of death.

5. It has often proved an efficacious remedy for bodily sufferings, and a means of protection against contagious diseases.

6. Expectant mothers have obtained special assistance for a safe delivery.

7. In time of storms, tempests and other dangers on land and sea it has been found to be a protection.

8. Even domestic animals have been visibly aided by it when infected with disease.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
If it happened once don't worry about it. It's too bad your parents didn't believe you. They don't have to believe in ghosts or anything to realize you had an experience that scared you and it was real to you, and because it was real to you they should have been more supportive about it.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Hi;

That sounds demonic. It appears you're certain a family member couldn't do so, but a demon, intending fear and chaos, could. I recommend liberal use of Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. If Catholic, receipt of sacraments helps a lot. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.

Good luck and be careful. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
I am with BadJuuJuu.
What the Hades would complicating life with a one night stand, or even an unwanted relationship, that could turn into an attachment really do? Honestly, that would NOT alleviate loneliness (if, in fact loneliness was a factor). I know several young women in committed relationships who are much more lonely NOW, than they HAD been single.

I do not get a bad feeling out of this recount at ALL. I do not sense ANYTHING sexual. At ALL.
What I DO sense is a familiarity.
And YOU did, too. "...I remember thinking it was someone in my family..."
Forgive me, all, for being bold here, but, there is no other way to do this.
Tampons are, uh, not always comfortable. If one that has too much absorbency is used, if it is tilted in placement, if it becomes "full" while still in place, if it is tugged while DRY, sometimes they cause discomfort. Sometimes with that discomfort comes a bit of pain. Cramping happens. Fact of life. I think the "tug" on the string when receiving the pinch on the bum was purely accidental.
In short, the being had no clue as to it's existence.

I believe that someone hit, and missed, a comforting gesture. A pat, or pinch on the bum around HERE would indicate a closeness, a bond, a... Love. That does NOT necessarily mean a sexual love, at all.
Just because a visitor comes from The Other Side, it does not mean that mistakes can not happen in that encounter.
I believe the discomfort to have BEEN an accident.
Wa-do.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Finding some guy to sleep with doesn't sound like a great solution to me. From the general tone of your story, this sounds like a one-time event, so put it out of your mind and worry about other things. If this is still happening from time to time, then there are a few things you can do to protect yourself. Burn lavender incense before going to bed at night, negative energies don't like lavender, I don't know why but it works. Some people keep a glass of saltwater on their nightstand to repel evil entities, and have had good results. I just make a line of plain salt at each window and outside door, and it has worked great for me.
It is possible that it was a very realistic dream. My dreams always get more intense during that time of the month, so I'm not trying to discount your story at all. I'm sorry if that sounded like I doubt you, I'm just throwing out another possibility.
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
greeting isabel, I asked my uncle about that, he's the best pro in supernatural things...
He said that male spirits/ghost are attracted sexually by girls that are lonely. I really believe you and I get angry when I see that no one believe the other about ghost events. I got the same thing as you (i'm a male), it was actually like a 'gay spirit who started playing and caressing my butt. He did that 3 times. I knew he was a man 'cause of the shape of his hands. I want you to find a boy friend (if you don't have one) and pass the night with him. MY grandfather is always saying that if you stay alone in bed or any other place, the ghosts will see its their best chance and they will start pissing you off. SO please follow my advice so that the ghosts won't notice that you're lonely in your life.
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
This sounds like it was an extremely uncomfortable experience. I'm sorry you're having trouble getting people to believe you, especially when its a very personal thing for you. I mean, how close to you must this entity have been to move your tampon string? Those things are tiny! The best conjecture I can come up with is that maybe your hormones attracted it. Like how poltergeists are attracted to teens because of their surging hormones & emotions. I sincerely hope this is a one time experience.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Hi Isabel, I have never felt any physical contact by or from a ghost, but I believe I have been touched by two, in both cases I felt an extreme and isolated cold. When I say isolated I mean that where I was touched, once on the back and once on the shoulder it felt almost like someone was pressing Ice up against me, not just the goosebumps which I most certainly did experience.
mukesh_cap (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
hey Isabel, that's damn scary girl. Well might be I sound superstitious when I say this but I strongly believe what I am saying, as I have witnessed this many times. I am from India, according to our culture, the parents won't allow the girl to go out anywhere in the evening after the sunset during her periods, even the girl herself avoids to go out unless a lot necessary. Even if she does, she covers her hair totally with scarf, and specially during these days, she oils and keeps platted, because it is believed, that some dirty spirits like to catch the girl during her periods, I dont't exactly know why, but that's their way, specially they cling to her hair and go with her. Might be that day, somewhere if you went out and it followed you.
galvon (142 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
some weird questions.

Umm 1: did you had a boyfriend than and thought about sex?.

2: did you had some weird ecounters before or dreams?.

3: ever thought about something like this?.

4: do you think its an illusion or real?.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: