You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Flashlight Lantern

Real Ghost Stories

Flashlight Lantern

 

I have always been on the fence about whether I believe in ghosts or not. I had never, until recently had any real evidence that I couldn't just try to explain away. I have had weird feelings and cold spots in rooms etc., but I always found a way to explain it away.

A few months ago I was sleeping and was awoken out of a deep sleep by what I thought was my phone ringing. It sounded like someone was holding my cordless phone right up to my ear and it rang. This only happened once. I was pretty groggy when I woke up and I kept listening for the phone but it never rang again. As I lay there awake I realized it seemed a lot brighter in the room than when I went to sleep. I was facing the wall at the time so it took me a minute to wake up fully and realize why. I knew it was not yet daylight so I rolled over and on a bookshelf in the room I had one of those little lantern type flashlights. It had been sitting there in the same spot for at least a month untouched. You have to push the button on it quite firmly to get it to come on. And there it was lit up as bright as could be. No one else was home and I have no way of explaining how this could have happened. I was more shocked than scared at the time. I got up and just shut the lamp off. It never happened again but I am certain that whatever it was purposely made that noise to wake me up so I could see the lamp.

I have no doubts now that ghosts do exist and do these types of things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hilary0128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Electro Magnetic Interference - basically a power force disurption or surging in your house for some reason could be a spirit shouwing off a bit of a Look at me look at me moment or just someone you know who may have passed saying they have found the light both metaphorically and literally.

Anyhow good post and I enjoyed it very interested.

~Shadead 😆
Desire_touch (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Google it: Peony Lantern. It's a interesting story. Maybe it might help you.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
IT'S GIVING YOU A SIGN! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOLOLOL

DOn't know, I would say (with something like this) that you would only know.
Cause it was most likely meant for you so only you would know the answer, sorry I could be more help.
GIRLIE ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
I think there is more to this story, you describe you heard a phone ringing in your ear and then you realised the lantern was on! I think you needed to be awake for some reason or something really wanted your attention. Was there anything that has occured in your life that you can attribute to this happening? Just a thought.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I don't know if the Ghost wanted you to see the lamp, but maybe your phone sounded off because the ghost's energy was interfering with some of the electronics in your house. I could be wrong, just a theory.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: