You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Not A Skeptic Anymore

Real Ghost Stories

Not A Skeptic Anymore

 

My best friend (I'll just call her Laura) always came up with an excuse for everything that happened to me or my family. In the end I wished something would happen to make her believe me.

A week or two ago she was staying in my place overnight. That evening we were sitting on my floor watching videos on YouTube. I was sitting a bit higher than her when she nearly yelled with fright. I asked her what was wrong and she asked if I blew on top of her head. I got confused as I didn't do anything and she realized I was telling the truth.

Later that night we were watching a movie. No matter where or what way I sat, I kept finding it hard to breathe as if someone was pressing on my chest really hard. I didn't mention it to Laura until it got so bad I was gasping for breath and she told me the same thing had been happening her most of the night as well.

The next morning she told me she kept waking up during the night because someone kept poking her leg.

I keep messing with her saying I think it's either my granny and granddad or something/someone else trying to make her believe in the paranormal because she's such a big skeptic. Needless to say she's not a skeptic anymore!

Please comment and let me know what you think this is. If you think it could be my grandparents or if it's something else. I'm posting another story with experiences since granny and granddad died soon.

Please let me know what you think I'm really confused.

Other hauntings by Flamex

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flamex, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Koopa (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
In my old culture which was Shamanism which dealt with a lot of spirits and such, we had a name for that in which we believed a spirit either is sitting on you or is holding you down. I'm not proficient in the writing part of my language so I apologize, but in any case, it was something that a lot of people acknowledge that it has happened.
Flamex (8 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Thanks for the comments:) and I guess there was something there but I've no clue what it was.

I had another experience lately.
I don't know if I mentioned it in any of my posts yet - The other week I had a hairband sticking out from just under my bed when I sat down on the comp. After a while I went to plug the laptop in as it was about to die and the hairband was on my bed in front of me underneath the charger. I didn't touch it and I was on my own at the time. I didn't feel threatened or anything so I thought that could be my grandparents 'cause they were always really neat and tidy.

Could it be my granny or grandad saying goodbye or something else (like something I might have invited in by wishing something would happen to make my friend believe me) or both?
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
ooOh I see bumblebee, thanks aya and dan that makes more sense 😕 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
That is true it has been experienced before with the heavy breathing whilst spirits are present. The atmosphere of the room can feel as though all the oxygen has been sucked out thus giving the impression of someone pressing down on your chest. Old Hag syndrome rings a bell for some reason.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Chantelle I also why wonder about that pressing thing... But I have read an explanation for that 😆 its not really like someone was pressing your chest... Spirit had a tendecy to make the air thick... There for its hard to breath, and that's my explanation... (when its hard to breath you chest would really hurt... As I said ghost can make the air thick or it affects you body and make it heavy) I don't think its your gradparents either, I think it was a spirit who was attracted to your "I WISH SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN-THINGY" 😊 anyway thanks for sharing your story... And don't Forget... "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

-Aya
Ruri Iro Kujaku
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I don't believe that if there are ghosts that they are necisarily pressing on your chest, she said it was difficult to breathe as if someone had been pressing on her chest, if someone had actually been pressing on her chest I'm sure they would be far more alarmed than they were, I have experienced difficult breathing in the presence of an aparition before.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
i wonder why they always press on peoples chest like that. Would your grandparents do that? I'm not sure who this could be, they don't sound completley horrible, more like they are trying to get your attention? I'm glad your friend finally believes you lol
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: