You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Shadow, Make Believe, Or A Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow, Make Believe, Or A Demon?

 

Let me start off with saying I don't believe every single time you see something it's automatically a demon. This is the one time I may disregard that statement. I've seen this, thing, many times, gladly it has stopped appearing.

The very first time I ever seen it was when I was five. We had just built an upstairs. More of a frame then anything. My mother and I where folding clothes and taking out clothes to hang. For some reason I can't remember my mom went outside to hang clothes and I stayed behind. I started to go out but before I could even go outside the door frame I look at the room next to mine. Underneath the bed was a pair of red eyes.

I hid behind the way, occasionally peaking out to look. I had thought about running out as fast as I could. I had a horrible feeling it would grab me. I ended up screaming and bawling for my mother to get me. A little detail about the room, it was my second brothers and my fathers bedroom. Like the rest of the house it was pure concrete. It had no windows, because it was in a hill.

The first time I seen it with a group of cousins, we were at least 8 or 9 at the time. We joked around telling ghost stories and such. Making up our own versions of "Bloody Mary". At some point my first cousin brought up a story. That these old deer horns would light up with "red eyes" on each point.

I went along trying to scare my city cousins. We told them to say "red antlers" 10 times in a row. They did and we all went back to the room were they hung. Instead of us screaming trying to scare them. It actually worked. The "eyes" turned to us. We all freaked out, pushing and shoving each other out of the way and left the basement alone from the rest of the week.

The second time it was seen was with my friend. We were about 12 at the time. We went down into the basement to get ice-cream. Before I had even gotten to the third last step, my friend screamed and pushed past me. Being afraidy-cat I ran right after her. She ran outside crying. I kept asking what happened. Finally at some point she told me a black shadow with red eyes floated from one side of the house to the other. Needles to say we didn't get ice-cream for the rest of the day.

The last time I seen it at my old house was with another friend. We were 13 or 14. Being extremely childish we went outside in long flowing dresses pretending to be vampires. At some point I looked into the sky. The moon was out but it wasn't the brightest. I saw what seamed to be the outline of a person crouching on the highest point of the roof, just watching us. I quietly asked if she had seen what I was. As a dumb response she answered "The person on the roof?"

We both ended up screaming and running inside. I told her about a white ribbon I had found lying directly outside my door the day before. In some weird twist we decided that was the reason why we seen it. Then we promptly smeared our blood on it and cut in half. Why did we use our blood? We where scared and some how this seemed as a good idea.

I have moved to live with my mom. I told her about it and all she has said is "It's your fathers karma manifesting." or something close to that. Yet I have seen it here... Though it doesn't scare me like it use to. Also it doesn't have red eyes either.

I have a few more stories that happened relatively soon I'll post them later. What do you think it is or could be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ruikai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

trishainkingman (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
To Shelley Peace
I am not one to rain on anyones parade, but you are misguided. Not every evil spirit is a demon. Their are plain old simple ghosts out there that can become mean. In the world of the paranormal, what we have are ghosts,poltergeist, demons, UFO's and some unknown creatures that can and will cause all sorts of problems. Before you make an attempt to guide others in the world of the paranormal study up, the bible is a great place to start because it does talk about demons etc etc. But don't stop there take a class and if you are truly interested in delving into the world of the paranormal you need to have a faith that cannot be shaken because if you ever do come into contact with a true demon you are going to need all the strength that the good lord can give you, and a belief that the lord will be by your side through out. And even then that may not be enough. By the way their are many religions out there, even though I do not agree with the athiest, as I am sure that they do not agree with our religion, but the study of demonology goes way back and if you are interested enough read something on the witches and demonology. 😉
trishainkingman (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
Some times children often imagine things such as red glowing eyes, especially in a basement. And I am not saying that you did not see such a thing because I happen to believe in the paranormal and I personally know that things that go bump in the night is not always the dog or cat. If what you experienced was a demon be thankful that all it ever did was show you his evil red eyes. Did you ever see it again after you grew up a bit? Or experience any other out of the ordinary things? 😨
Ruikai (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
[at] niravezzen_ness
I don't want to eaten XD!
No I haven't heard of a restless spirit could you tell me some more about them?

[at] JimD
I would never enter that house again.
Very useful information, yet I am to scared to enter it again.
Thank you tho!

[at] Shadead
Interesting view.
Now though I'm a little scared that "if you break their protection or if you go against then you will be punished." 😢
I do agree with you that not all demons are bad but on this one either I upset it somehow or it is one of that bad ones.
zaynab (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
i must say I agree with shelly peace, although I am not christian I am muslim & believe in God as well... In the Qur'an God tells us how the demons surrounds us & take shapes of people & or animals & makes their presense known. We don't believe in the spirit of the dead hunting ne1 but yes demons are the ones bothering us and making such attempt 4 us 2 notice their presense. 4 ne1 who believes in God the next time you encounter such thing recite the words of God & have faith & watch it dissapear
Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Not here to FLAME anyone just pointing out to christian belifes arent the only ones hosted on a forum (Satanist and occult follower speaking)

Every evil spirit is a demon, if you don't believe in the bible than this may seem foreign. Demons do not always look like evil demons.

"Plausibly FALSE"
Yes the bible does state this and that the devil and demons are present in the world to tempt the soul and choices of man to corrupt him but for petes sake the bible is not the only religious text that has demons and dieties present in it, Some cultures believe that there are Demons that are not bad but protective and if you break their protection or if you go against then you will be punished.

My thoughts alone but I mean to do with the story good post and red eyes are common in beings as its a warning colour in most cultures in the world and also a powerful colour so red eyes can just be a way of saying yes I'm here and watching and be careful.
ShellyPeace (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
That's true niravezzen, I have seen a dog with red eyes before. Before I saw the dog, a strong winds was trying to push me back the other way. As soon as I saw the dog the wind stopped. Dog seemed to appear from no where. Enough of that but the point is that demons can have many forms.
niravezzen_ness (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
demons in the Philippines sometimes take the form of a black dog or something... 😐 ignore me, I'm just talking to myself... 😉 😆
niravezzen_ness (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
maybe you disturbed the spirit when you were playing now it got angry, wants revenge and wants to gobble you up 🤔 😆
Lol just joking don't get angry at me 😨 so anyway ever heard of restless spirits? Why don't you try jimD's advice?
ShellyPeace (4 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Every evil spirit is a demon, if you don't believe in the bible than this may seem foreign. Demons do not always look like evil demons. They can come appearing good or being evil. Also they can just look evil and act evil as in your case. Demons can appear in human form also. They are also aliens, for example if you look at aliens sightings versus demons experiences many people witness similar odors like sulfur.

The reason I say this is because God clearly explains that all men and women go to either heaven or hell there is no in the middle place. No one can get stuck after death. God is a God of order not confusion. So if this is the case then when you see a ghost its not Joe from 100yrs ago, its a demon. If this is the case only Jesus can get rid of Demons in your home. Pray to Jesus ask for forgiveness of sins (we all sin) and ask for his help during scaring times.
JimD (431 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hi;

That sounds demonic. I see fear, chaos, and demonic harassment. I recommend Catholic holy water, and saying "Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archamgel help me". If Catholic, receive the sacraments, often.

This sounds bad to me. Watch their reaction. Demons are experts at psychological warfare, and will push the envelope, to see how you respond. Should it continue, email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com.
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
considering your age then, I believe (as we here in the philippines do) that it is an evil entity that preys on preganant women, unborn or newly born baby upto 12years old. Usually they disappear when you reach puberty age. Good they didn't do harm to you but we take it seriously and give holy objects to our children to carry around.
slush (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
i do have a idea what it could be I am the type of person that usualy likes to watch real life ghost shows and research about these type of things and I do beleave it mayby perhaps a shadow person sometimes referred to as a shade they are said to live around gravyards and hide behing trees and gravestones they may also live around old houses was that house old when you moved in 😐
Ruikai (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Also [at] BadJuuJuu
Im not really sure if it is the same one, but it had the same pose as the other one so it made me believe it might of been the same one. I was to scared to really notice, but you did bring up a good point.


And finally at everyone who asked about the blood. 😲 Yes, we liked vampires, but it had nothing to do with the reasoning behind that rather weird action. People do odd things when scared... And when you're young you don't really think things through. If we knew it could of angered what ever we had seen... I would of never touched the thing.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
dude!
Why would you smear blood on a ribbon and cut it in half?
Do you have an obsession with vampires?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Sorry guys, I'm inspired to ramble. The most common classifications of hauntings are intelligent, residual, poltergeist, demonic. In an intelligent haunting, the visitor is a human ghost that attempts to make contact and interact with the living. These are pretty common.
In a residual, the "visitor" is not actually present at all, the only thing that is there is a psychic recording. Usually of something that the person did regularly while in life, or of an intense emotional event. The consciousness of the person has moved on to the other side. This haunting will not try to interact, will not acknowledge the human in any way, because there is really nothing there to acknowledge someone. These are also common.
Poltergeist. Not a true ghost either, but rather a manifestation of a person's energy. It's a form of accidental telekenesis. Common poltergeist activity is stuff moving or floating, doors opening and/or slamming, and sometimes the poltergeist activity is much less obvious, just a sound that seems to follow a person.
Demonic haunting are not as common as some would have you believe. Hot spots, smell of sulfur and/or feces, abject terror, these are things that happen in a demonic haunt. Not always, there are exceptions to everything, but if you feel/smell any of those things, get outta Dodge.
Elemental visitations are incredibly rare. They happen, but not often. Living in a rural area makes it more likely to encounter one.
From what is presented here, I'm not sure what to call this activity. Sometimes the lines between calssifications blur a little. I'm tentatively leaning toward poltergeist, from the comment about manifestion of karma.
Sorry bout the ramble, I doubt any of yall wanted to hear me get started. 🤔
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Another one of us who don't believe that every entity is Demon! 😁 Cheers to that dude!

Anyway I was wondering about what your mother saying about karma? Can you explain it to us? Is there a tree near your house? A big creep one? Personally I believe that there are three classification of paranormal... Ghost (spirit that came from human and animals, residual spirit) Elemental Entity (dwarfs, fairis, kapre*a hairy guy with red eyes and usually seen with a sigar* chanak* a small entity that cry like a baby*) and last are Demon - I don't think demon are that showy, I haven't read an article about seing demon, I always read that they only do some bad stuff, and such) back to your story... I think its an Elemental spirit

-Aya * blaah blaah me...
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Sounds like it could be a shadow person, I don't believe in demons to be honest. I don't understand why you would cut something up and smear your blood on it if you believed that an apparition owned it, sounds like a really bad Idea, I should Know my second Ghostly encounter My cousin and I Violently challenged a ghost over and over again, and it let us know it was there, and I don't believe I would ever do it again, Ghosts are stuck here for a reason, and its usually very emotional and linked to a place or an object
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
As if I needed any other reason to think hunting trophies are creepy, now I'm going to be thinking "red antlers" every time I see one...
I'm curious about one or two things. Are you sure the entity you are currently encountering is the same as back then? I ask because your reaction to it is different and because of the change in eye color. Your mother's statement about your father's karma manifesting seems unusual. It makes me wonder if he has some strange vibes. Our own energy can cause manifestations, and some powerful ones at that.
Very interesting account by the way ❤.
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Oh great, thanks to my vivid imagination & your well written story, I'm now rather disturbed, & at my age too! That's a good thing though because I don't scare that easily anymore. Thx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: