You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: An Unlikely Friend

Real Ghost Stories

An Unlikely Friend

 

Why I am writing this I couldn't tell you, but if I had to guess it's because when you can't tell the people you know you need to tell someone. When I was younger I was awkward, shy and very much alone in my own way. My parents were divorced, my family was in ruins and I was hopeless in terms of making friends. Shortly after my 13th birthday I couldn't handle things as they were and tried unsuccessfully to end my life... I was too weak for even that.

About a week later I was lying half asleep in my bed when I started hearing a two voices talking, mumbled but in the same room, looking around I saw that some of the shadows were moving in reaction with each other. I shot out of bed ran for the door and found myself unable to open it, it wasn't locked or stuck but when I put my hand on the knob I couldn't turn it so I started screaming for my mother and stomping my feet trying to get her attention (she slept in a room below me).

In mid scream I suddenly cut off at hearing a clear voice as though just over my shoulder, the voice was melodic even beautiful and calming. It asked me to calm myself, while near hyperventilating and moving to a corner in the room trying to make myself into the smallest ball I could I felt a comforting hand on my shoulder and the voice asked me why I tried to end my own life, after a few moments I responded that I just didn't want to live.

The voice then told me that if I asked that he could help me achieve what I had tried and failed. When I didn't respond he said he could offer an alternative, I asked who he was and told me his name was Marchosias and he asked me if I knew him and I said no. He said he wanted to help me but the only way to do so was to give him a part of myself as to bond to me and I fervently denied him.

He then asked me if I enjoyed being weak and afraid and I felt a hand Grab me by the neck and haul me to my feet then slamming me against the wall, I kicked at the wall trying to make as much noise as possible and finding it did no good. Eventually he released me and I started sobbing against the floor. And he made the offer again, Death or the alternative. I chose his alternative.

The moment I agreed was and to this day still the most painful moment in my life, it felt like he had grabbed my spine at the base of my neck and proceeded to rip it from my body. I gagged, vomited and urinated on myself in the process eventually passing out. I found myself dreaming of things that not even the most deranged could imagine, I was walking down a back road with a sky that seemed black as night but could see everything around me with a light that seemed to come from nowhere.

The road lined with utility poles and on them the bodies of people were hung in strange contorted ways. Looking behind me there were two black wolves and couldn't tell exactly which but when I stopped to look they stopped a ways back from where I was.

I woke up the next day to my mother shaking me and asking me what had happened and if I was sick and why did I not yell for her or come down and get her. I told her that I had screamed and pounded on the floor and she swears to this day that she never heard a sound. Assuring her I felt fine she still insisted I see the doctor, after doing that he ruled it was a 24 hour flu that had run its course.

Riding home from the doctors I closed my eyes and heard that voice tell me that I will never be weak or afraid again but I was not to tell no one close to me what had happened. In the following days I still had the dreams, some worse some about the same but eventually they largely stopped except for one on the rare occasion.

I have indeed changed and He is a very active presence in my life, advising me, and not allowing me to be weak. It is a strange sort of relationship and I can do nothing now but accept what is and what will be along with finding out that Marchosias is a demon some years later raises a lot of questions about my mortality and what I believe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spiritcat18 (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-07)
very interesting story would be quite scary. Feeling like you have no choice is hard hope all is well
Matchu (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Thats creepy this is an old post I hope you are ok you seem to be ok with everything that happened (didnt seem like you had a much choice) hope all is well
milenko_necromancer (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-22)
mackaygirl21-
I am sorry to inform you that you are wrong on this subject. Dead wrong. Demons most certainly can be friends to people. In fact, if you look it up, there are demons that specifically serve to help people. And they may turn people against God, or do the people turn themselves against Him and the demon merely "seals the deal"? Most often, the person has abandoned God on their own; prior to summoning the demon (or in their eyes, God abandoned them). And because we humans naturally befriend those with similar morals and views, it would make sense for people who've abandoned God to befriend another with the same view/standpoint? So it is possible for a demon to help people and be their friend and they do not always turn people against God.

~Milenko_Necromancer
mackaygirl21 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-14)
okay so I'm just going to straight up an honest here... So please forgive me I don't mean to be rude... A demon can not be a friend they use people and turn their fears on them use them for their pleasures... They lore people and turn them against god... I know that this story was published a long time ago but I seriously hope that you lost have dismissed contact with this thing. I wish you all the best lost. I'm sorry that this straight forward but I mean you no disrespect
Emilio (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I have never heard of this soul bond that Shira is talking about but of course I usually stick with other lore. All I know is that I believe your dream is showing what will happen to you. You may be one of those bodies after you die. I believe that you made a deal with the devil and those wolves are hell hounds. I wish you luck. I hope you find a way out of your deal.
Shira (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
This sounds to me as if it were a soul bond. Or an attempt at one. Which with a demon can be extremely dangerous. My own experience has taught me that something like this can go either way. He can become your best friend or your worst enemy. It all depends on how you treat this oddball relationship.
I can contact him if you want me to, to see what he really wants of you.
Shira 😊
Moondefi (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Marchosias isn't just a demon, he's an EXTREMELY powerful demon! Its horrible that you had to go through all this and continue with it. That is a strange relationship but that is one strange thing about demons/devils they do keep there word, though usually they get the better part of the deal through force or trickery. It's not good that you gave yourself to a demon though since it was by force some people would consider you a saint lolz. I suppose using all the advise everyone gave on here (I hope I'm not repeating to much I didn't read all the comments there were a lot) talking to god or a priest would be useful though I doubt he'll be happy about it. I have a respect with how your handling this it's hard enough seeing and being near demons let alone having one allowed in you.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Yeah! I finally returned home, I'm not as depressed like in my last post, I just needed a few days to sit to myself. Now I can't be by myself Jamie bugs me, my neighborhood friend text me constantly to come over, he's so pushy:) And my mom is at work most of the time so she can't yell at me and I can leave the house so Jamie can't bug me and poke me tho he's excited I'm home. My dogs are the same as always and fall asleep on my lap and lean against me while I text this and paw at the remote haha silly dogs. And I'm going to go school shopping this week and the week after that. I'm going to be ocuppied a lot so I won't get the chance to sulk haha.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
Yeah you replied back even if your not collected or whatnot I'm glad we've been of some help. Not all my family dislikes me just that my mother's side of it is very judging of how I act, dress, talk,sleep, stare at wall, stare at spot where ghost brother is dwelling, stuff like that. And I lash out or stare boredly as they say "I want you to be a happy kid, your growing into a young lady and need to start acting like it. And I want you to have friends so you need to talk to us and open up"! What a load of BS! My mother hates all my friends who she meets and how am I supposed to talk if they won't LISTEN! It makes me angry watching and hearing them all act all wise when really its all Fake! I know I'm acting very immature but its really upsetting me and I feel... Well a mixture of different emotions jumbled up inside and I feel that my family simply lost interest in me and is paying attention more to dogs, babies and other stuff, I know I may show an attitude but... Well I'm A Kid! I feel none of my family care, me and my mom fight constantly, I barely see my Father and my other family is in a different state and my friends are crappy. I'm pretty much on my own...
Lost (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
All of you have been extreamly helpful and I thank you for all of your information and understanding. I don't know that I am more collected or easy, I'm just resigned to it for the most part and try to find strength in the more positive things that I have available to me.

Emerald I doubt that your family (at least your whole family) dislikes you... Sometimes it just seems that way. From our interaction on here you seem like a good caring kid and can't imagine your own blood not liking you
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Lost - I"m going to agree with Emerald - You seem more collected and more... Defined. You don't seem quite as confused anymore, and you don't seem quite so, well, "Lost". I's impressed.

It's also good that your girlfriend understands. And accepts it. She could turn out to be a strong pillar for you when it comes to him, and that's always nice to have.

Have you tried asking him about what he means?

Also:

Nequam
ADJ
Wicked/licentious/depraved; naughty/roguish; worthless/useless/good for nothing

Animus actually appears to refer to women, or femininity. I think this was some slander towards her. Somethink along the line of, "Useless Woman", etc. 😕 But that's just my opinion.

Penny 😐
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
I'm glad she's very understanding of him and you, Lost I'm glad cause by the way you write, you seem more at ease and relaxed, like some sorts of tension has lifted off of you... Haha sorry, being a tad pyschic I can sortof pick off peoples emotions or just that somethings are getting to me... Family problems, not going up in a good way but going down*sighs* Oh well, being a almost teenager sucks since I'm the youngest of my friends and my family doesn't like me much but anyways... I got nothing...
Lost (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Sorry I have been gone awhile, moving is time consuming. Yes she knows about him and accepts me and remains an incredible source of understanding. He speaks latin on occassion and something a bit more unitelligable at other times
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
By the way, does your girlfriend know about him? How has he been acting lately?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Yea I googled those word and like MCP he's talking latin. I can't figure it out tho, could he be talking about your girlfriend cause I think it means he who loves a white haird maiden will be in despair I'm not sure. Its too confusing and all it does is go from english to latin, stupid google...
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Does he often speak in latin? "Nequam animus" is latin. Nequam means something like bad, depraved, dark, roguish... I could be wrong don't hold it against me if I am... And animus as like soul, heart, feeling. I understand it mean something like the vibe of a being. For instance to me someone might feel dark or evil because of the aura they give off. You know? Again I could be off, so don't hate me if I am.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Nequam animus? Has he lost it already? He seriously needs to take a chill pill! What the heck is wrong with him!
Lost (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Oh noes! My forum has become the thing I fear the most... A twilight discussion lol.

As for how I'm feeling... Well here's the rub. I am going to be moving from my townhouse to a turn of the century brick home on the older yet relatively classy side of my small town.

I call about this house and go look at it and while the outside looks a bit rough... Yes it looks like a haunted house (not making this up) the inside is beautiful original oak trim large rooms and a spiral staircase. My girlfriend fell in love with it and so I told the owner I'd take it to rent.

Yesterday we went over to start cleaning so we can move in the 1st of august and while I'm upstairs washing down walls I get this feeling like someone poured icewater down my spine and it feels like "he" is bouncing off the inside of my skull in a mad rant screaming Nequam animus! Over and over.

My girlfriend comes up staires and I am sitting on my heels staring into the ajoining room with a look she describes as pure malice... Not a good start to new move
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Lost I'm so sorry, your forum has digressed very far from the issue at hand.

Could you give us an update on how you're feeling/doing? Have you made any choices on how you'll move forward?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
You can go ahead and call me Alice, I don't mind at all! I love that name, and was actually considering that for a daughter's name for when I have kids. (Dimitri and Alice are the names I absolutely love, call me crazy, I know...)

Emerald - I agree. Emmet and Jasper are the coolest.:D
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
PenDragon-
It's very interesting and I'll be thinking about it for a very long while of that I can assure you of that.

Perhaps I'll just call you Alice from now on ^^. I don't know which of the Twilight band I'd be most like. I'm not the prettiest thing in the world, I don't see the future, I don't sparkle lol, and my temp is actually a little below normal lolol!

Emerald -

Yeah Emmet is amazing too isn't he? Hehe, Jasper is cool, Carlisle is the bomb! ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I will do that when I get home from work. Amidst refining the details of the Tarot Deck I'm going to start drawing... If video games don't pull me away from it. Again. Ugh.

Hohummm... I submitted two of my stories today... I hope they get accepted. I truly do.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
GO PENDRAGON Jacob is awesome and to side it I like Emmet and Jasper:P They have never sparkled so they're cool. The books are better tho even when the movies were funny. Edward needs to quit eating cookies they make him too cold:P look up twilight parodies on you tube they are funneh XD
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Rofl, I got ya. I'm happy that I was so accurate for you. I'm happy that I could be of any help, or whatever came of the reading. Insight, I suppose.

And out of the vampires in Twilight, I have to say I like Jasper best, which is fine by me, and Gavin and I are much like Alice and Jasper, as you can guess, I suppose. 😉 Kinda terrifying when I think about it, but it's true. Gavin is Jasper, to the proverbial "T", and I am much like Alice, the "psychic". It makes me smirk slightly to know that.

And it's good that Adam is your "Edward". It's good that everything is so very perfect for you.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Pendragon-
Amazing! I replied and sent my thoughts on each part. I'm shocked by how accurate you were!

If Jacob is really cool but I can't get passed how perfect Edward and Bella are for each other. I think it just reminds me of myself lol. Jacob was my sam and Edward is my Adam. Of course I picked Adam, the wild card so to speak, rather then Sam, the safe choice becuase I had to go with my heart. So that I'm sure influences my choice in the matter hehe. ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
That's perfectly fine, MCP. Just let me know what you think of it, and let me know if I was wrong about anything. If I was, I apologize in advance - I was only interpreting what cards were drawn. 😊 On a side not, I've *mostly* finished the planning of my deck that I'm going to draw. Yay!~

PS - I'm a Jacob fan - Real men DON'T sparkle. 🤔
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Lost, Aw Twilight isn't thaaat bad! Sure it's no Bram Stoker work but I love it:)

Emerald - So your a wolf fan? Lol, gotta say Jacobs pretty cool, but way to young to turn me from an Edward fan lol.

Pen - Thats so sweet of you! I'll jump into my e-mail right now! Sorry I haven't logged in this weekend it's been really busy for me!

Nightingale - I agree. I find it interesting how we all seem to have it in common.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
You're welcome, Lost. And thank you for the compliment. You have to remember, though - even if there are a lot of figurative translations in the dreams, your subconscious will still put things in, and those are symbols needing interpreting.

If you need further help, feel free to email me at j.dansereau1990[at]gmail.com
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
IM SO ITCHY STUPID MOSQUITOS! My legs are covered in bites and to top it the my ghosts left me CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IM FREE OF THEM! Well until more find me and start the haunting but for now I can live in ghostless peace THANK GOD! ❤ 😆 😊
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I'm late in posting but thank you for the Poem, its one of Poe's most beautiful dark works. Funny how we all can relate so much to it.:]

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: