You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Is It Common For Toddlers To See Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Common For Toddlers To See Ghosts?

 

This morning, I was talking with my two year old in her bedroom. She randomly pointed to a blank spot on the wall toward the ceiling and said, "There is the baby. Baby. The baby is there." I told her that I didn't see a baby. And I said, "Really, a baby in the sky?" She said, "Yes, there is the baby," and pointed again. My daughter continued to gesture like she couldn't believe that I did not see it. I asked if the baby could fly and she said, yes. I asked if it was a boy or a girl baby and she said it was a boy. When I asked if the baby was happy or sad, she said, sad. When I asked her if I was the Mama of the baby, she said "No, you are my Mama. The baby's is God. Baby dead."

My daughter is happy and upbeat almost always. I read my daughter very age appropriate books. I don't let my daughter watch T.V. Shows other than Dora and a few others that seem totally appropriate to me. I have never heard her say God or dead before, nor have I attempted to discuss these topics with her before.

Is my daughter really seeing a ghost or is it imagined? Is it "common" for kids this age to talk about ghosts or other ethereal beings as if they are totally real?

I have never seen a ghost and have had only one supernatural experience. I am not worried about my daughter is she is already seeing ghosts, but I want to make sure that she let's me know if anything is ever unsettling to her.

Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Verdantlife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hi!
My son can see the unseen. He has seen some ghost in our house that I have only felt.
Your could is telling the truth. If it doesn't hurt her, that's fine.
sydneykaelyn9 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
i have a three year old sister, ironically the six six six kid, but she does the same thing. My grandparents bought her a little rocking chair, its an antique. She won't sit in it, I asked her why and she said "the little boy will hurt me" I asked what she was talking about she said "the boy on the ceiling likes this chair he hurt me" I told my mom and she moved the little chair to the basement but that same day it some how ended back in her room.
Alexis231 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
yes I'm sure it is completley normal my little sister (3 years old) talk's a lot about the girl living in her closet and she belongs to god aswell
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
My Son was born on May 29th an on August 5th, his dads birthday when he was still a little baby when he started crying heaps, and when I saw him I saw him looking in the corner laughing alot. Weird lol. He crawled at 7 and a half months as soon as he noticed his baby yoghurt and spoon and could feed himself at a year old. But he did not say his 1st word until he was 14 months after I had to repeat train in his ears heaps. About 2 when my Son told thin air "I love you" then wrapped his arms around thin air. I doubt he has ever saw a ghost in his life. I just think he is a comical kid with a creative way of thinking. My Son would actually pull the hem of his pant legs underneath his feet, and then says "whoops I tripped" and then he would repeat the process so he could make himself laugh. He would laugh at pointless things that nobody who find funny like loud noises or a deflated baby doll inflating itself again. I do remember him going to sleep with the light of, never being scared of the dark, and then in the earliest hours of the morning when it was dark outside he would start crying, I would go into his room, and he would be crying in his sleep and push his arms up saying man go away. When I was pregnant with him I played an ouija board, with a guy called Seth. I had a nightmare of a man coming after me for my Son. Then there was a loud smash, my Daughter slept in the bed with me. I woke to find glass trailing from my bed to the hallway, it was from a smashed light bulb, which fell out when a screwed in light fixture had come away from the wall leaving a hole. Now my youngest Daughter Anjel is 2. She keeps getting out of bed at night and trying to sleep on the floor by her door but still refuses to sleep in my bed or her siblings bed, she just wants to stay up at night. She might just say a few words, when asked to say a few words but other then that she is most seen cuddling a baby kewpie doll. Baby doll or stuffed toy in her arm while hardly saying a few strung together words. But loves to playfully growl like a lion cub like the Leo sunsign she is or playfully run around and play a giggle game with her siblings or parents.
Facebook.com/kewpiedolls
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I think it's normal, I have nephews (aged 3 and 4) whose dad died of cancer, sometimes they would wake up in the middle of the night; wakes their mom and tell her that their dad is home. And sometimes would say that their dad was calling and talking to them.
Layni (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
I believe its normal that your daughter is seeing ghost. When my lil cousin was six her dad die due to an accident and she and my family were very upset. And right on the day of christmas she told my aunt that she had seen her daddy by the tree and that she had also seen him at his office moving his chair around.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Children can definitely see things we can't. I had a close friend die back in the early 90s. He was my Godmother's son. He had an older sister that went on to have two children. Gulia, the youngest, one day told my Godmother that she met her Uncle Brian in heaven and he told her that she was going to be their baby. She was only 3 at the time this happened. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤
agimat_warrior (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
due to their innocence they are prone and open to seeing the spiritual world. I have a 3yo adopted daughter and she could see entities pointing them to me. What I did for we are catholics I gave her a crucifix which I told her to keep beside her while she sleeps (she has night terrors too: waking up suddenly scared and crying probably having nightmares). At one time, she woke up suddenly crying and asking for her crucifix, the mom gave her and she walked towards the dark place of the room held the crucifix high and shouted "be gone"! Can you imagine that at 2yo?! Now, she is no longer scared but I never let her without any holy objects with her even at home or at school.
Noelle11 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
Kids see better than anyone else. My mother told me how I used to talk to her grandfather all the time when I was really young, and once she opened a box with a porcelain doll in it. I recognised it as his some how and told her he told me to make sure it was safe. She started crying, I guess.
I walked in on my little sister Rachelle a couple years back in her bedroom singing one of those kids songs. I forgot which one, but I asked her when she learned it, and she said just now. But my parents were at work, so I asked from who and she kept saying 'the lady' then showed me the picture of out late grandma marshall in the front room.
One more, with my other sister Breanna, She stopped a lady in the store and told her that her booboo whould heal up and she'd be fine. The woman burst into tears and said she had cancer, and was getting the results back later in the week. I hope they turned out okay. Lol that's not a ghost seeing thing, just intuitive I guess.
But in my experience kids see and comunicate with ghosts all the time. My sisters and I always did it, so its just kind of natural in my oppinion.:)
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
I agree with Crossingover. About the baby isn't yet tainted society... We all born with the ability to see spirit or ghost but as we go older the ability sometimes fade, one of the reason is society... Like when a certain someone said that ghost or spirit arent true it will affect your belief, and so in the end, youll end up shutting it... 😊

-Aya Winchester
crossingover1111 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
What she is seeing is real. The young have not been tainted by society etc. What I have learned is that this entity needs to cross over and has not at this time. It lives in our world and is confused. It uses us and the young to get what it wants. Please have everyone in this household to tell this entity to go to the light. It may take more than one attempt. If this does not work than someone trained in this field will need to intervene. This ghost is a lost soul who cannot cross over for some reason unless told. Good Luck.
SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
I believe, and so does my family and other people I have talked to, that young children (6 and-) and girls starting puberty have the most "ghostly" experiences. Think, a young child is so lively and new to the world, and a girl starting to be a woman has reached the stage of being able to bring new life. And it seems "ghosts" are attracted most to these life stages. I remember being able to see ghosts as a young child (9 and under) and then again at about 11 and up. Just my thoughts
-She Wolf
tatragirl (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
My parents live in a townhouse. About 6 months ago their neighbour, older lady died suddenly. My well grounded mom, who absolutely hates talking about anything supernatural, often babysits my sister's daughter. About a week after the neighbour's death, she got stuck watching the kid again. She was walking with Lily around the house, and they approached the front window overlooking empty street. Suddenly Lily looked through the window and started waving her hand. My mom asked her- "who are you waving to?" and she answered "old lady on the street who is looking at us". My mom said "I do not see anyone", and Lily said "oh she had to go". My sister tells me, sometimes she has similar things happen in her condo, Lily will see people in the window, sometimes she will get scared, sometimes she will be smiling on them. Seems to be happening less and less.
midnightmania (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
my cousin who's about 3 keeps saying that the house she lives in has "visitors" and she'll talk to them for hours- I never see anything, but I always get a feeling like I'm being watched. I think that babies and toddlers see ghosts more than adults do
plzhelpmeout1122 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
well my sister julie clams to see a "scary man" she is 2 years old I'm asuming he is black... Were latino and when my dads freind B comes over she screams and crys because he is black and tall 😨 but she won't gsleep alone or eat 😨 and I'm hoping she is not crazy... But I think she has been pasest beacause we had a fire she wen tin the hopuse got my bibles nad burned them... And I'm starting to see this "scary man"
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
...A baby floating in the air...wew...that sounds like an angel or something? I too believe that children, especially babies, are more sensitive to supernatural beings than adults do. That's why I get a weird feeling everytime my baby sister talks with someone invinsible. It's as if she is really conversing with someone.tsk. O.O Well, thank you for sharing your baby's experience.:)
valerie67 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
My 2yr old granddaughter points and says "Maggie!" over and over again. I had a cousin Maggie that went missing 30 years ago. I'm wondering if it's her or another ghost named Maggie. It doesn't scare us. When I walk into the living room, my grand daughter is talking to the ghost and suddenly says "bye" and waves to the air.
My youngest grand daughter of 4 mths smiles so happily at the air too. I position her the other way and she turns around to give the air more of her beautful smiles. I think my late mom and grand parents are there to visit her. I get emotional and start to cry. I miss them so much.
slush (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
yes it would be a good idea to listen to your daughter and believe her usually children ecspecially infants can see spirits much better than adults 😐
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
For me personaly I believe that God created us all. & babies being so new can see & sense spirits & things adult some time can't because well, it hasn't been too long since they them selves were in the spirit world before being born into this one. And as we grow some of us lose that sense completely or just a little & for some of us it stays. I think children are more susceptible to sensing/seeing/hearing/smelling spirits good & bad drifting around doing what they do & not be as surprised as an adult would be. That's of course is only my theory. I've never heard anyone think this way before. But I AM so different lol. But animals as well sense spiritual warfare & things as well because well how do you tell a dog not to believe in it? How do you brain wash a cat? Or desensitize any animal? Spirits are real whether we believe it or not & they are going to do what they do regardless. & a few of us are fortunate or in some cases unfortunate enough to experience these things. So yes I certainly do thing children at any age of innocence are able to experience the spiritual realm. I'd encourage you to talk to your baby about God. There are plenty of good children's books of bible stories & books that explain God & who He is in a language that little minds can proses easily. I know that being from such a sensitive blood line, my children say some things to me that just blow me away! The way they perceive the spiritual world is so much more different than ours, there's a certain purity to it. I think children can be the best teachers ❤ Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Listen to your daughter when she tells you there is something around. As Dan_Paranormal said, you will have to take some of it with a pinch of salt, but listen. Be interested. Ask questions. Don't tell her it's just her imagination. So far it sounds like you are handling this really well. Better than most would. Continue as you are, and she should continue to feel comfortable talking to you if anything does frighten her.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
It's very possible. Children are supposedly more sensitive to the spiritual world making for them to be able to see things adults can't.

I have friends who have young children who have reportedly seen people who others can't, one of which saw a man in the garden for a very long time. I myself as a child always could see things my family couldn't, but some of us are naturally more sensitive as well to the spiritual world attracting it to us, children are like this and as are some adults.

However we must remember these are children as well and we can't take everything literally, all be it it's possible we have to take some of it with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Paranormaladdict01 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
I think its possible. My nephew who is 8 now, hasn't slept in his room since he was 3. (he sleeps on the couch) He refuses to sleep in his room because he says there are two boys in his room and they play with his toys and make noise all night long.
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
are you religious youself verdantlife. Maybe you should talk with your daughter more about it
chopsticks1 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
From what I know, toddlers can see ghosts. My three-year-old tells me he sees a ghost in my house.

My fiancee is what people consider a medium and he can see supernatural beings as well. When my son tells me that he sees "cuco" (baby talk for ghost in spanish), my fiancee would tell me that there really is one around.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: