You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Know He's Following Me But I Don't Know Why

Real Ghost Stories

I Know He's Following Me But I Don't Know Why

 

I know that I said this story takes place in CT but that isn't exactly true. My story started in Massachusetts. I was seven years old. It was the winter of 2000, before Christmas. My father had just bought me a puppy and I was taking him outside for a walk. My family lived in an apartment attached to the dorm of the boarding school my mother worked at.

I had just come out of the door and the puppy, Spencer, was pulling on his leash. He was trying to pull me around the corner of the building. I pulled him back because it was cold and I didn't have my jacket and I didn't want to go far. There was a motion activated light around the corner and it turned on. Then a shadow appeared. It was tall and defined. Definitely male. There was tree around the corner as well and if the light had turned on it should have showed a shadow of the tree but it was definitely shaped like a human male, probably six feet to six foot three. Spencer barked and I ran back inside. My mother went out to check it out and told me there was nothing there. She even took Spencer with her and he was fine.

Ever since I've always had a bit of an uneasy feeling. Like someone is right behind me. Even in a room full of people. I feel it at school, at home and at work. When I was eight my mother and my two younger siblings moved to Connecticut.

One evening I was walking home through the woods and I looked to my left and I saw a shadow exactly like the one I had seen at the apartment except that it was white. I ran back to where my mother and some friends were sitting around a bonfire and told them but they only laughed at me and told me I was seeing things. I believed them for a while, until odd things started to happen in my bedroom. My door would open when I was the only one home or someone would open my window while I was sitting right there in my room. It would be something I didn't notice. I would look up and all the sudden it would be open. I would lose things like my cell phone. I would set it down on my desk or my bed and when I came back it would be missing. I'd feel him walking with me. One time I had three friends over for a sleepover and all four of us saw a floating white orb in the corner of my room, near the ceiling. It disappeared a second later.

It didn't used to be this bad but lately I feel it stronger. I've been talking to him when I'm alone. He never talks back but I still feel like he's listening. I stopped asking him to respond after the first few times. There have been many times when I have felt upset and I can feel and odd sensation on my skin. It's a weird tingling feeling. It feels sometimes like he's hugging me or holding my hand. It's surprisingly comforting.

He's standing behind me right now as I write this, 5:00 PM Wed. July 7, 2010.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kate_1011, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nella1208 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
when I read that last paragraph I got a chill up my spine! That was creepy but I don't think he means you any harm. He seems like a guardian angel. And your story kind of reminded me of the movie paranormal activity except for the bad ending god bless and I hope everything works out! 😁
Infinity (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I suspect he is either your guardian angel or your spirit guide. Try finding out a name. The name could come to you in so many different ways but you will know for sure when you see it or hear that it will be the name of the man following you. I found out my spirit guides name during a meditation but I needed positive proof and I asked for it 5 times and 5 times I received proof. I think he's trying to get your attention for some reason. Are you thinking of developing psychically? If you're not it might be worth looking at because you are very clearly psychic and if nothing else, it will teach you protection and how to ground yourself and it's fun to!
Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
The tingly-ness I know well my mum past 10 years back and she still gives me a hug at night on occasion which is always nice, As for your gentleman he seems like hes watching out for you might be someone you know or you parents knew,

Will be interesting if you have a partner or when you do (not knowing your current relationship status) how he reacts but he should be cool with it I'm curious about that.

But yeah best of luck and wishing you well.

~Shadead 😆
blugrl (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
i think he might be a guardian... But I'm not sure... Just a thought
PhoenixGirl (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Oh, and as for what others say... Perhaps you could see someone that could help them to communicate with you, like a paranormal researcher, and you could speak through them... Ask him if he wants to be crossed over. Or, can he make noises? If he can physically comfort you, perhaps he can make noises. Ask him if he would like to be crossed over; like two knocks for yes and one for no, etc. If so, then you could contact someone to help you do that that way... If not... Well, you've got a good friend by your side, and as long as you don't mind him, just let him stay and continue talking to him. I'm sure he's there for a reason, and its most likely a good one.

PhoenixGirl (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Hi kate.:)
As for your spirit (seeming as he's good natured, apparently, it sounds sweeter to call him a spirit rather a ghost, considering the word ghost carries a dark shadow over it thanks to history, doesn't it?) I'm quite glad you arent afraid of him as you should be. As for why he followed you, perhaps he just needed someone to comfort him. Perhaps you have heard stories of childrens spirits being frightened in such a different world and neeeding to be comforted? I have also heard a few that goes along with adult spirits. Perhaps he only needed to be comforted, and he sensed you as a kind, gentle sort of person? Or perhaps something about you just reminded him of someone in his past life, perhaps your appearence and a kindnatured sort of appearence, perhaps even the dog you were walking? Watever it may be, its clear he doesn't mean harm, and perhaps that's some of the reasons he seems to hug you and hold your hand. He doesn't want you to be afraid or allarmed. Perhaps hes in a way a sort of protector to you in a way... Perhaps he's even protecting you from any less friendly spirits, or any that may come across... Is there anyone you used to know you were close to you and died? Perhaps their still looking out for you. Anyways, no matter the case, you should be thankful that you've got a friend there for you. I doubt he'd do anything to alarm you, and I'm sure he'll be a good guardian angel, in a sense:)

P.S. Keep talking to him. He's as human as we, even though you can't really see him. Thought he can't respond as easily as we, he'll continue to thank you in other ways. And I'm sure he was happy reading this, if he was, I'm sure he liked hearing your
Side of the story. Perhaps try researching your house, that may lead you somewhere

God Bless you, and hope all stays well. 😳 ❤
yOsh19 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
I felt goosebumps while reading the last paragraph of your story. 😆 Sounds creepy that someone is following you all the time. Well thanks anyway for sharing your story. 😊 Good luck with this and keep safe. ❤
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Spirit sometimes attached them self with a person with the same character as them... Maybe this spirit has a lot of similarity with you. I agree with badjuujuu, tell him to cross over,:) and pray for him...

-Aya Winchester
jackgrimm (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
I have the same thing happenening to me, only with my follower, he is completely visible, and not a shadow. It freaks me out, cause I never see him straight on, only in my perifferals. 😐
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Have you ever lost someone close to you or your family that could possibly fit that description? Talk to your family and see if anything turns up. Perhaps you've got a guardian... 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
So your saying this has been happening now for going on round 10 years am I correct? It seems as though he has got your attention now and maybe you can help him cross over to the light, have you seen anything else other then his shadow or heard noises?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
I'm in a similar situation cept I'm sure if he's good. I don't feel threatened yet I don't feel safe. Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me but I swear I had made it angry once when I told it it was dead and didn't belong here and to go. I had asked if I was boring it to tap once and if I had angered it to tap twice and whoop-di-do it tapped twice I had freaked and like a coward I was I apologized and ran to my parents room. I had been in the living room around 5:00PM I call him Jamie and read my stories when they publish so you see your not crazy cause I'm the crazy one apologizing to a dead person. ❤ 😆
scaredtodeathchina (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
i also feel those things. You know like tingling feelings. I see shadows all the time but I just ignore them. When I tell people. They call me crazy, so I just pretend they are not there.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
sometimes I feel weird tingling sensations when I'm talking or thinking or have a strong emotion.
I always took it as angels trying to comfort me but now I don't really know.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
He may need something in order to cross over. Sometimes ghosts seem to need "permission" that it's ok to leave this plane. Make a general statement when you feel him around, not necessarily directed at him, but just say something like "It's ok to go into the light. After crossing over you will be reunited with your loved ones." It's a thought anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: