You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: To Investigate Or Not Too?

Real Ghost Stories

To Investigate Or Not Too?

 

During the past few weeks weird stuff has been happening in my house. A few weeks ago I was home alone taking a shower, and my dog was downstairs. I began to hear ruffling sounds and it sounded like things were being pushed around. I assumed it was my dog so I turned off the shower and yelled, "SHADOW KNOCK IT OFF!" A few minutes later I heard the same noises again, so once more I yelled down to the dog to knock it off. Then finally it happened a third time and I was furious at this point and turned off the water and yelled "SHADOW WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" and something in a deep voice responded, "It's not shadow." At this point I was very scared and got out of the shower and dressed quickly and walked downstairs, soon as I got downstairs my dog ran upstairs. I walked around my house with a knife, but found no one in my house.

A few days later me and a friend were going into my basement around midnight. I opened the door and found the light on, which was odd because I know I left the basement light off and my parents were not home. As we walked into the basement we found the back door in my basement was open, which was very odd as well because no one ever goes into that part of the basement because it's just used for storage. While me and my friend were in the basement we began to hear more ruffling sounds and scratching sounds. We soon left my house both very creeped out.

The next day me and my mom and dad were all in the living room watching TV and out of nowhere a kitchen chair moved, we heard it pull out from under the table. When we looked in the kitchen, sure enough the chair was out of place, it scared the heck out of all us. Then the TV went fuzzy and blank as if the cable went out which scared us even more. About 5 minutes later it came back on. Then the same night I went to bed I kept hearing tapping sounds and every time I would get out of bed they would stop, and when I would get back into bed they would start again. As the night went on I started to get mad and annoyed, and I said in my head, "it's going to take more than tapping sounds to scare me" and literally two seconds after I said that to myself a very loud smash happened in my room. I jumped out of bed and ran into the spare bedroom scared out of my mind.

Now, I have a k-2 meter and an EVP recorder and I would love to do some investigating. However, my mom disapproves because she says if I investigate then I will invite this thing in and things would get worse. So, should I investigate or not?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sowrongitsthomas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Damn that's scary... To your comment I mean. Explain the voices more.
sowrongitsthomas (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
i keep hearing voices in my house. My cousin came to visit and he left today, and I'm home by myself right now and I keep hearing his voice. Its really starting creepy me out. First it came from the basement, and now I just heard one come from upstairs. I'm seriously about to flip
sowrongitsthomas (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
[at] badjuujuu

Thank you very much. That's exactly what I'm going to do. I love sports and writing so I'm going to start doing that more. When I was walking up the steps today the bathroom door shut right in front of me. And that freaked me out but I'm just going to start to meditate and just try to relaxe. I am a college student so stress is apart of my life haha.
Mandyjg20 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
I would agree with what BadJuuJuu said but you stated that a deep voiced answered you..."and yelled "SHADOW WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" and something in a deep voice responded, "It's not shadow.""... If this is sowrongitsthomas' own energy would a different voice answer?
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Buttercup got it, I mean badjuujuu 😆 it maybe a poltergeist... But the thing about you getting stress isn't the reason why you had this... Cause in my observasion, you hang out with your friends and Using computer isn't a stress kind doing... Did you buy some antique? Or did you go to some spooky place?

-AYA x YOITE
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
LOLing at sinners UBER worried post ok now down to business

Badjuujuu is on the money by what you detail, as its your power and feelings it can responde as it did with the tapping so yeah think thoughts like your are in my mind and I want you out and MEDITATE it works a treat.

Cheers for the post and best of luck my friend.

~Shadead.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
So nothing ever happens in your home when you are not there am I correct? If this is the case I think BadJuuJuu is on the money regarding poltergeist activity. If other things have been happening whilst you are not home well that is a differant story, whatever it is has definitely got the attention it wants! By investigating this I believe will only raise the level of things you are experiencing, I would take a very cautious approach to that situation.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Have you made any big changes to the home? Sometimes things like that can cause activity to spike.

Your neightbor dieing could be relevant if you noticed any direct changes in the activity immediately following his death.

Talking to it invites it 'in' so to speak you should really only do stuff like that if you don't mind a spike in activity. If you want answers though you'd want to talk to your family and all be on the same page going into this. You don't want to cause negative feelings that could make matters worse by doing it without everyones agreement.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
I agree with BadJuuJuu and was also thinking it sounds like poltergeist activity. If this activity mainly occurrs when you are around then it could be a manifestation of your stress and anxieties. It's not uncommon for teenagers to experience these occurrances as they are under going physical, and emotional changes. They are under a lot of stress from school and pressure from peers. This can as BadJuuJuu said create a poltergeist manifestation. As for investigating you might want to wait a bit longer. Talk to your mom about the possibility of a poltergeist and see what she thinks. Thank you for sharing this with us, and I hope everything works out for you. 😊
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
well you should check for the place and when you are going to investigate take iron with you
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
I say don't challenge it. And don't do the investigation please. Its trying to scare you so it must be a bad ghost. I'm not going to say demon, its a word that's been misused a lot on this site. Keep us updated on further encounters
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
The most important thing to keep in mind is that this is your own energy, so don't be frightened. There are a few things you can do to try to lessen the activity.
Try to relax. Daily meditation is good way to relax. Set aside some time every day, and just don't think. About anything. Quiet your mind, control your breathing. Breathe in for a five count, hold it for a 3 count, breathe out for a 5 count. Do this until you feel relaxed, and then allow yourself to quietly sit and just be. Meditation helps to ground and stabilize our energy.
I don't know if you have any hobbies, but this might be a good time to look into a new hobby. Sports, writing, crafts, anything that appeals to you, give it a try. A new hobby can help to redirect excess energy into a positive and creative outlet.
As cliche as this sounds, keep talking to your parents about it. It helps to get the worry out in the open. Shouldering a burden, especially one as intimidating as this, is much easier when you have someone to talk to.
There are a lot of good people here on this site. Keep us posted. There will always be someone around who can give you advice, or a word of encouragement.
Ultimately, poltergeist activity is temporary. It fades, as the things that cause us stress fade. Poltergeists most often center on young teens. Occasionally, an adult will produce a poltergeist. Usually, the activity stops on it's own within a few months of having started. It ends as suddenly as it began.
I hope this helps ❤
sowrongitsthomas (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
[at] mychaoticpeace

Ive lived here for a long time but its not a new place. People have lived in my house before me. The stuff also started abruptly, like there have been real little things in the past but nothing that ever really made me wonder, it was nothing like the recent activity. My next door neighbor did pass away in his home, but it was a while ago. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
sowrongitsthomas (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
[at] badjuujuu

You are right, and it really freaks me out. This stuff only happens when I'm there. I asked my parents if anything ever happened to them without me there and they couldn't think of anything. Also a few nights ago I was home bymyself on my computer and I began hearing noices in my little brothers room, I didn't go in because I was scared and when my little brother and parents came home I told them I was hearing noices again so they went into his room and found his stuffed animals all over the floor which was weird because my brother keeps them all lined up against his wall
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
I know most of the gung-ho investigator types around here would disagree with me, but your Mom is right. You definitely can stir things up and make them a lot worse if you start "investigating." And, after all... What does investigating really accomplish? What I always tell anyone in your situation is... Leave well enough alone and try to ignore it as much as possible. These things draw strength from attention given to them.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
An investigation would be, in this case, probably not a great idea. I don't think it would rile up the visitors in your home, but it might rile up your mom. Things sound hectic enough at your house without adding family stress into the mix. The stress would send out extra energy, making things easier to manifest.
The question is whether this is a true haunting, or a poltergeist manifestation. There is a difference. The activity seems to center around you, stuff happens when you are present. Has your family experienced things in the house, when you are elsewhere? If they have, then we'll pretend I never said poltergeist.
In a "true haunting" an outside energy is making it's presence known in some way. In a poltergeist manifestation, it's our own energy taking form and acting. I describe it as unintentional telekenesis. We just have so much emotional or stress overload, that the energy has to go somewhere, so it goes outside of ourselves and makes a nuisance of itself. I think, from your description of the activity taking place, that it might be a poltergeist.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Have you lived in that house long or is this a new place? Did the stuff start abruptly or slowly get worse over time?

I would say if it continues speaking to a medium would be a good place to start. Setting up a voice recorder would probably be fine but don't go pulling out Ouija boards and stuff. As interesting as their stories are calling the stuff out so to speak like that can have a baaaad back lash. When you start asking for someone to appear or do something you're asking for trouble. That would just introduce things that perhaps weren't there before.
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Never try to contact the dead! Did you have a family member or friend pass way recently?

Again NEVER try to contact the dead cause it will only open the door to Demonic trouble.

Maybe you should get your house blessed

Rebecca

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: