You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Highlander

Real Ghost Stories

Highlander

 

For those of you who have seen the movie "Highlander" and the way in which the immortal characters in that movie can sense one another's presence before they can actually see one another, this is the best way I can think of to describe what would happen to me between the ages of 20 and 25. I would be walking down the street, at a concert, in a coffee shop, at a ball game, just about anywhere... And all of the sudden it would be like a homing beacon went off in my head. I could be in mid-sentence having a conversation with a friend, and all of the sudden my hearing would change, I would be tingling all-over, and I would immediately turn in a particular direction to face someone, some THING, staring directly back at me. Sometimes he/she/it was 15-20 feet away, sometimes they were 50-75+ yards away. However, it was almost as though I could both see and sense an evil presence in human form. It was very unsettling each time it would happen, as you could see the "evil" inside of them, along with the darkness or hatred in their eyes. Why I was chosen to have those experiences I have no idea, but it is not an experience I care to repeat anytime soon. The last time it happened to me was eleven years ago, which is just fine by me.

Other hauntings by fourthgeneration

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fourthgeneration, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
I have similar experiences, sort of. I can talk & see ghost.

If you ever see these spirits again, do not talk to them if they are evil.

Take care & be careful! 😊
maharlika (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Hi, Fourth,
I have had a similar experience, although not as malevolent as yours. I have encountered people in my work (because I do field work and am out a lot) who just bug me or make my spine tingle for no reason. And the weird thing is these people also act really uncomfortable around me and when I question other friends they say that these people act differently around them.
Anyway, one time I confronted this person and pointedly asked him why he is weird around me and he told me he can see ghosts/entities just like me. It took me by surprise because only my brothers know about this, I never talk about such stuff at work. Well it turns out people with gifts can actually "sense" each other - which is much like the Highlander. This guy even told me that he tries to keep a distance between us because his abilities get stronger when he is in the same room with another "gifted" person.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I hereby nominate fourthgeneration to be the official Idaho Potato of this site. I believe you sir! I will worship you and your descendants, the french fries. Please don't send me to tomato hell.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Once again Fourth I bow my head before you in humble awe. You have both stood up for me and spoke the words I was unable to convey. I thank you sir. I believe the truth is just that, standing up for one another and taking care of your fellow man. Not beating them over the head with the religious 2x4.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Martin/Janice/Abby,

Yes, I apologize for getting off-topic with my comments. If Anna thinks she's the real-deal (and I'm not saying she isn't), let her prove it. I'm all-for her sharing whatever she thinks she can about me. If she can't/won't walk her talk, then at least have the decency and respect to not brow-beat the rest of us. If I told each of you right now that I am actually an Idaho Potato, but told you that God won't let me send you proof of that very fact, how likely are each of you to believe me? (wink) As educated adults (I assume, in most instances), why SHOULD you take me at face value unless I can back it up with SOMETHING? That's the only point I was trying to make before.

Abby, I would probably agree that I am "an empath or sensitive..." I was primarily given the ability to sense evil presences, while my sister is a medium who ghosts/spirits will contact to ask questions or pass on information. What is very interesting to me though is that my sister says she experiences more activity in my current home than she has experienced in a long time, while my "radar" doesn't really pick up much. That is why I (thankfully) assume that any presences in our home are not evil in nature... Just lost or confused souls. I've "seen" that young girl, as well as smelled an older man who died in the home (two owners ago), but no "evil" to speak of, per se.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Interesting story. You are an empath or sensitive.

As for Anna, please stay if you wish, but to only make comments about stories here and in your own personal opinion or belief. You don't have to convert or amuse others. You are losing your own personal energy when you do this, and nobody benefits, especially you or God when you do this.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I can see that there is a big discussion on this page, I wanted to say that I wish you the best of luck, fourth. Your life had not changed but I'm sure that the devil-like event in your life had some impact on you, hasn't it? I'm sure that God let's the devil get away with his cruelty for some reason, but who knows? I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, but I couldn't help but comment to wish you luck and I hope that you don't experience what you did again.
Anna (58 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
the lord has told me to move forward, lost causes in this place, he told me to wipe my feet and go,

Martin I really hope one day that you will change, because I most certainly did shed those tears, you are a hard soul, to write what you just did...

Shane, I only did this because you are or were a lost reverand, I hope you find your way again...

fourth, hope one day humility will find you to speak openly and truthfully with another
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Don't cry for me Argentina... Fourthgeneration, if Anna is bothering you, or anyone else, you can just tell her to get off your story's discussion, as you are the author and it is within your rights. Authors around here have to be respected as they are divulging things that are often difficult to share.

Personally I think it is becoming amusing, so keep on truckin'.
Anna (58 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I will pray for you fourth, because you are blasphemying holy spirit, that is the only unforgiveable sin, the only one, murdererers are forgiven but blasphemy is not,

you are comparing my gifts to those who slaughtered others, may God have mercy on your soul, may you see within yourself to see the truth one day,

no I will not go against the Lord to post your sins, you will not tempt me to do that,

just remember lyers do not get into the gates of heaven, they do not get near it, I really do hope that changes for you, because eternal separation is death to your spirit,

Shane now knows I have cried for him, how much more effective a message is that? Crying for a stranger?

I have cried for Martin too, oh yes many tears for them both, my heart is pure, you will not make me feel otherwise because you do not wish to be truthful Fourth, you are the one with the issue
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Anna,

The Crusades is a PERFECT example... As the people who were responsible for it thought/said they were doing God's work. You think/say you are doing God's work, yet how likely do you think it is for Shane or others to listen to what "God tells you to say" with the way you are delivering your/His message?

As for your question "the lord already told me you have not been to all those churches, do you wish to hear more?" YES, by all means, tell me/us more (although I would contend that I have attended MANY churches who were all-about conversion numbers, with little/no follow-up or support for new believers after that)! Tell me/us what God told you about me, as much as you want to. If you're truly who you think/say you are, you might win a few more believers for Him as a part of the exercise (which if God can use my information as a tool to further his message, that is absolutely wonderful). Just no financial information... As otherwise you'll end up with police at you're front door... Which doesn't help anyone. (wink)
Anna (58 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
and most prophets because they do speak for God come accross as being "hard", even when you look in the book they appear that way, but its the furthest thing from the truth,

what it is this: God tells us things about others, we know the truth of revelations, and what is to come through the scriptures,

I think why we appear hard is for one reason only fourthgeneration, when we know the truth about someone else, and their own stubborness, denial, whatever it is , is fighting back with us, when we know deep down they are not telling the truth, yet their spirits continue (not all spirits,) but some continue to argue with you, even when they are wrong, know they are wrong, know they are lying, but still continue to do it.

that is why you see the "hardness" but its called frustration that a spirit could become like that, would lie to someone else so that other person would feel bad, not feel like they knew something was wrong, etc...

I can tell when anyone is lying, I know things about others etc... But because of my commitment to God, I try to word it graciously as an effective witness, not to point out your sins, but for you to go " wow, how did she know that? That has to be from God, holy cow, then confess to God, and move forward with him..." That is why I do it,
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Personal information goes beyond computers and researching online-you know I know. Satan's servants get judged by their deeds-or as you call works, I do both works, as well as abiding by the laws and teachings of christ. Father told me not to post up what I know about you, but it goes beyond the computer knowledge of what your banking information would be... Do you want me to email it to you? I can do so in more of a private way if you would prefer... I would never put up what I know in a public fashion but I can do so privately at your own descretion.

I may appear aggressive but the lord knows my motives anyhow, he sees the heart before he sees the mind, he knows I would tell you what I know about you as an effective witness nothing more then that, to bring you to him no other reason... Are you interested in hearing the truth?
the lord already told me you have not been to all those churchs, do you wish to hear more?

God did not agree with the crusades because of the violence and murder, so that is a bad example.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Anna,

I think maybe what Shane is getting at (I could be wrong) is the idea that if you are witnessing to the poor and hungry, meet them where they are at and give them a nice warm meal and a clean, dry place to sleep before you hit them over the head with a 2X4 when trying to convert them. (wink)

I've been to enough churches in my lifetime who have figuratively hung their "__ souls saved" signs out front, a la McDonald's and the number of hamburgers they've sold, to see right through the blind leading the blind. People of God... People with TRUE faith, don't need to beat you over the head with a 2X4, nor would they ever try in the manner. People of God lead by example... And are willing to meet the prostitutes... The lepers... The "unclean"...where they are at in life.

"2X4 evangelism" does as much harm as it does good related to spreading the word of God. It didn't work during the time of the Crusades, and it doesn't work in 2007 either. If you have "the" answer, people will see it through your words and your leading by example.

As a funny aside, we ALL could post some pretty personal information about one another if we REALLY wanted too... As an hour or two of research on the computer and/or a couple of phone calls to the right people and we could probably all tell folks what each other's dog's name is, why we quit or got fired from our last job, who we are dating or married to, etc. God has given me a special ability to obtain that type of information as well. (wink)
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Shane why do you feel the need to rip me to bits to other people? Are you that insecure? Quite obviously so, and if indeed you are following all those spiritual laws, which the Lord already told me you do not, then you would deserve one or two days a week, I am not judging, part of prophesy is knowing about others, yes even personal things, I am not trying to embarrass you, you just do not wish to tell me the truth, which is fine, because its not me to tell it too, I just thought if you were looking to be blessed then do what it is you need to do is all,

you see bean is very special, she knewI spoke the truth and even said I was how did she word it? The closest to solid help she had received in a year, just some spirits/demons refuse to tell me the truth once I expose the information that I know, that is their own stubborness, and not willing to be humble or humility to another human being... But as Jesus says as long as the spirits submit to him, that is all that matters right!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Well fourth Sir, you can count me among your friends here on this site. Shane is my real name and I don't judge anyone because of what they have experienced. I have experienced some pretty crazy things myself and have been told time and time again I must be nuts or it was demons that caused it all. You just have to read a couple of my stories to know that, LOL. I have sensed evil and been in its presence a time or two, can't say I liked it much, well better yet not at all. But for the most part the spirits I have dealt with are just your everyday run of the mill variety.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Thanks Shane. "Sir," for what it is worth. :-) As I eventually get more comfortable with this site/group, I might be more willing to reveal a little more about myself as a name/face. I've had some trouble in the past though with people thinking I am a little crazy for sharing stories such as this. Actually, my "handle" (fourthgeneration) stems from the fact that the past four generations of my family members have all had a tremendous wealth of experiences with ghosts and spirits. My great-grandmother was even accused of witchcraft for a time... As her neighbors could not understand how she could see/predict things that were not visible to anyone else. My aunts and uncles on that side of the family jokingly refer to it as "The Gift," though my paternal grandmother absolutely refused to talk about it, even to her grave, as it was just too scary/powerful for her. My sister has it STRONG, while most of my experiences occurred between the ages of 12 and 25. My "radar" is getting rusty... Probably too many 80+ hour work weeks. :-)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
I bow my head to you fourth in silent acknowledgement of your wise words. Oh how I wish we could get all to understand just what you have stated. By the way do I call you sir or madame? I believe it to be sir, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Thanks Shane! The two things I promise with all of my participation on this site is that:

1. Every story I share on this site will be either 100% my own and completely true/real OR the story of one of my friends or family members that I have recalled and relayed to the very-best of my abilities, and

2. I will do my very-best to keep an open mind, even if some of what I am hearing from others via stories/comments does not agree with my own world view and past experiences.

I feel as though this will be one "safe" place where I can share some of my own previous experiences and not be ridiculed in the process. Consequently, I trust that others will respond in-kind and make this a truly wonderful place to explore and examine the super-natural.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Wow very interesting fourth. You know they say that the soul remains in death as it was in life. If they were a good kind hearted person they remain that way, if mean, nasty, or evil then that way they shall remain. I see you have meet prophetess aka Anna. I hope she doesn't put you off from sharing more of your stories with us as I have found them to be quite orginal and easily believable. Thanks again for sharing them with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Yep, my biggest vice is caffeine! :-) I've had MAYBE six drinks of alcohol in my entire life, never smoked, never tried drugs, never had sex outside of marriage, never raised my hand in violence, etc. Heck, I've never even gotten a speeding ticket! I regularly work over 80 hours per week, as a total of 30 people are counting on me to provide them with enough $$$ to live on (as an employer). I suppose me wanting to get maybe 1-2 evenings or days per month to do something fun and NOT have to be taking care of other people for a change is horribly selfish, no? Faith without works is dead... But all work and no play makes fourthgeneration a VERY dull boy too, to quote the movie The Shining. (wink)
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
well satan is a creep anyhow that was why he tortured Job like he did, but what I was actually trying to say is when you do follow the commandments and laws. Your life gets easier, or avoiding the seven deadly sins, God blesses you that way, but when you do not do those things as a WHOLE, then he can not give it to you,

scenario: you're a great husband, don't cheat, etc... But are the laziest greediest person around,

guess what? He still can not bless you!

you must do it ALL for that too happen, like I just got my severance pay and their was like 500 or more so dollars added... I was blessed... I have an interview tomorrow, and have been dedicated finding new employment, I am a good wife, I do not cheat, lie, steel, I obeyed my parents the best I could, I do not swear, drink or do drugs, I do not mess with the occult, etc...

he can not bless you fourthgeneration unless you are doing all those things, that is what I was trying to say...
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Anna, Job followed the spiritual laws, abided by the ten commandments, avoided the seven deadly sins, etc. Didn't work out too well for him though... (wink). If God's plan for my life was to not have a life and work until I have a stroke, heart attack or aneurysm, then why would I want to spend eternity in His presence? Seriously. Everyone around me works 70-80% as hard as I do, and complains twice as much about how "hard" their life is. "Heaven" for me would be to have it be 5:00pm or Saturday/Sunday and say "I wonder what I should do today/tonight?" It's been about eleven years since I've been fortunate enough to be able to do that.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
not very many hard working men like that out their (wink), wow... Especially when a family needs a good provider, working should just come naturally since it is important to do so... You mentioned Job so you must believe. Well one thing I can say is the Lord does not like the lazy unworking sort... So sometimes if one is not doing their fair share it might feel like the Job syndrome, but really brought on by not following the spirtual laws-usually if you abide the ten commandments and avoid the seven deadly sins, the job thing might vanish. Just some advice
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Other than getting married, having kids and then working myself into the ground (70-80 hours of work per week, EVERY week, for years on end), my life hasn't really changed that much. I suppose I am a lot more tired and cynical than I used to be, but other than feeling like the butt of a cruel "Job" joke sometimes, my life has not changed.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Hey fourthgeneration, I think that is an excellent example of the devil appearing to you. He likes to give people those visions and things and scare them. He in no way wants to help people. After that happened... After that time in your life passed, did your life change in any way?
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
oh janice how I loved thee words! It most certainly does still happen...
fourthgeneration (6 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Janice, for me there was little question that what I was seeing was demonic in nature. At the exact same period in my life, I had an experience where I had a car appear out of nowhere on the freeway behind me (no on/off ramps for miles). The car pulled along my car on the right side, and on the driver's side door were written the words "The Beast," and the driver of the vehicle looked like a much bigger, much more evil-looking version of Marilyn Manson. The car promptly braked and got directly behind my car again and (with no on/off-ramps for miles) promptly disappeared. Very unsettling.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
hey fourthgeneration, this sounds like a good example of experiencing with the devil. It is common that people that the devil is trying to lure to him have evil visions and sometimes see the devil taking over someone's body and using the person. My mom is always talking to me about these things and always reading them in books, so I have a pretty clear idea about how the devil wants to lure anybody toward him. I know that this could sound sort of like I'm exagerating to some people but I'm just expressing what I believe and I don't mind that people don't agree with me. Well, I'm glad that it doesn't happen anymore and if it does seem to happen again, look to God.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: