You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Late Night Of Fishing

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Of Fishing

 

So, my cousin and I were fishing for catfish one night at one of my dad's ponds in Kentucky. The night started off a little bit weird, we started fishing at about 9 pm. The place we were fishing was only accessible by animals from the sides of us, there was a creek behind us, and everything was basically the woods.

We were talking about all kinds of things throughout the night, and then we started getting into discussing life and death. We were hearing weird noises that were out of the ordinary awkward noises you hear in the woods, they were like woman voices. We weren't getting any bites so we decided that we would leave at 11pm if we didn't catch anything. As 11 came closer we weren't close to leaving, but still not a touch of the bait.

At 11 all of a sudden I heard the loudest growl that shook me, I felt something on the right of me and jumped as high and as quick as I ever had before. I turned to my cousin, who was sitting on my left and saw a terrified look on his face. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I asked him what was wrong, he said "did you hear that?' I asked him "what'd you hear" he said, "that crazy growl, it shook my whole body!" I looked at him and asked, "Are you sure?" He was sure, so I told him what I heard.

After it happened it was completely quiet, no rustling of the leaves, nothing, almost like everything just shut up. We drove around the pond a couple times to see what we might be able to find, but nothing. We decided whatever it was didn't want us there, so we went back. The next day I was telling my other cousin about it; this is where things get even weirder. The mule we drove down to the pond had an hour meter on it, it read a little past 666, which would have put it on 666. 0 when we were fishing.

I've heard wolves, coyotes, and other things growl out in those woods before, but this wasn't anything like that. This growl was different, and to be honest the first thing that I thought of was a demon or something demonic. We even went back the next few nights, but nothing. I wish I could better explain what it was, but it was pitch black out and when I looked it the direction when it happened I saw nothing but black.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Builder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Bahaha miss lotus I also am afraid of what's in it... Someone jumps out and scares me they wind up with a black eye LOL my nerves aren't that good anyways ha
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I'm not afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of what's IN the dark. And I always wondered why, when I heard something I would cover my eyes because I was afraid of what I would SEE. Like why is that so scary? LOL!? Does anyone know why that's so scary? Like I can understand if you get startled when something jumps out at you or you see something creepy you didn't expect. I get so pissed when that happens! But really what is SEEING something going to do to you? Do you know what I mean? LOLZ! Sorry! I just want to know. 😜

~LSD~
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Catfish! Yummy! 😆 Theres this so entity called Kapre in our country which I think is smilar to a bigfoot they lived on trees... And smoke some tabacco Lmao! Oopz... On to the story... Can you post the photo of 666?

-AYA ❤ YOITE
RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Sorry bout that the site is BFRO Geographical if you google it it should come up I forgot what it stands for but it is about big foot
RoseWolfe82 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Irish that is exactly what I was thinking! And people tell me I shouldn't be afraid of the dark! HA there is another site I have been reading I can't remember the name right now but I will check and post the name in a bit... They have stories from different states and also recordings I'm just wondering if what builder heard is on that site... Laugh if you want but I believe.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Builder: My daughter experienced something very similar... She was walking very early in the morning, (or late at night, whichever you prefer LOL) around 3 am... It came up and growled right in her ear...Now, she's not easily frightened, but that made her run the rest of the way home!...I personally don't put a lot of stock in the 3am thing 🤔...Maybe I'll get her to post it...

Great story... I love the woods at night!
Builder (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Thanks for the comments, I've heard of the area being haunted but it's usually indians and dead soldiers people have seen, I've never heard of this. I went back a few times now but I haven't heard or seen anything out of the ordinary. Haha and I did actually catch fish the next few times.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hmm... Maybe it was a hell hound you heard. I didn't really believe in that theory until the other night when I recieved some interesting information from a friend. Next time you go, maybe take something to take pics with or even to capture evps. If you could hear things going on, maybe there are things you couldn't hear gong on as well.
And next time I hope you catch some fish! 😉
IrishGuy (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
you say the place was only accessible by animals and everything was basically in the woods so it pretty much sounds a remote rural area in Kentucky. Puting aside the 666 conection I'm thinking could you and your friend have possibly heard big foot? Anyway good story!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
PAY NO ATTN. TO MY FIRST COMMENT! LOL! I posted my comment for another story here by mistake! So sorry 😐

Now that's creepy. I've heard unearthly growls from demons & it is so unnerving! Crazy. Has anyone else had any experiences there before? I would ask around for sure & go back. LOL! I would, but that's me. Bless you & yours. MCL.

~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Cassette-Tape-to-Computer

Http://lifehacker.com/222394/alpha-geek-how-to-digitize-cassette-tapes

Http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_you_convert_audio_cassette_tapes_to_digital_files

I like your story & here are a few links to help you figure out how to transfer the audio from your cassette tape to your computer or make it digital 😁
I hope it helps & I'm looking forward to hearing it! Keep us posted & if you have more to share (stories) let's hear 'em! LOL! Bless you & yours. Much love!

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: