You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Voice From Beyond

Real Ghost Stories

A Voice From Beyond

 

In January 2003 on the tenth of the month, my girl friend, that I was going to marry, past away from lung cancer. Before she died, she told me that if she could contact me, she would. A little over a month later I came back to my apartment about 11:30 pm. As the latch on the door clicked, I heard her voice say, "If you go to Jackpot tonight you will win big..." The hair on the back of my neck stood up and I got goose bumps all over. We use to go to Jackpot, Nevada from time to time and 10 months before she had won almost $7,000.00 on a nickel slot machine. I had promised her that I would buy her a head stone as her family could not afford to get her one. Well to make this a little shorter, I got in my car and drove the 90 miles to Jackpot and got down there at 1 Am. At 4:30am I hit a jackpot for $3,743.00 and over the next hour I hit two more jackpots for $1,000.00 each. I came home with over $ 5,000.00 and the first thing I did with the money was to buy her head stone and I helped her kids by putting an inscription on the back side of it.

She may be gone from this Earth but her spirit is still with me and I feel her presence all the time. She will always be with me even if I should find someone else to love.

Other hauntings by saddy1943

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, saddy1943, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear saddy1943,

I am sorry to hear about your sad and great loss. What you did was a great thing and I am sure she appreciates it very much. Sad to say that things have to go this way, but love can never be broken by the barrier of death. I wish you good fortune as you continue with your life.

Thank you for posting your wonderful experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
zahowy (5 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-07)
weird that happened but you seem like a person who would not break a promise ❤

"death is as painful as you make it"
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
Abby, I think you are right on. You will have to read my next story in a day or two. I think you will like it also. I have had many contacts with the after life and some of them are really spooky. Saddy1943
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
saddy1943, your story is another nice example of how loved ones make contact. Once they cross over and get processed, they come back and help out when they can. Your girlfriend had a vested interest in getting her grave marked and you received your sign. You both cashed out as winners.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
I just thought it was generous and I know God will shine right into your heart and mind and let you know how much he thanks you too for your extreme generousity and how much love you had for her to do that. Who would lie about something like that? Only a creep would lie about something like that. I am sure God will pay you back for such a grand thing to do.
saddy1943 (4 stories) (16 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Anna, It sounds to me like you do not believe my story. I do have pictures of the head stone and I have the 1099 the Casino had to give me for my winnings for my income taxes and I also have the receipt for the head stone, I just did not think it was a wise thing to publish her name . This was not the first nor was it the last that I have heard from someone in the beyond. Saddy 1943
Anna (58 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
wow that was very generous of you to buy that headstone, he he, what sort did you get? I am sure she appreciated you doing such a noble thing with all those winnings, (grin) I know headstones can be very expensive...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: