You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Woke Up I Couldn't Move

Real Ghost Stories

I Woke Up I Couldn't Move

 

I was about eight when I moved into this old house. When I first stepped into it I sensed something it felt like a weight on my chest. This did not bother me though because believe it or not I have been physic since I was four.

I first figured out I was physic when my grand mother died and she would visit me in my dreams.

Back to the story it was my first night in the house and my mom was in the shower I was alone in the living room watching television and the channel suddenly changed. I was startled and scrambled to find the remote it was sitting on the end table no one had touched it. But the strangest thing happened three weeks later I was laying in bed asleep when I woke up and was sleep paralyzed if you do not know what that is it is when your are awake but your body is still asleep and you can only move your eyes.

I panicked I hate when this happens but then I saw her, a young woman standing at the foot of my bed she was very pretty and had very long beautiful black hair when I saw her I felt calm like she was some one I have always known. She sat next to me and watched me like she was guarding me.

I finally fell asleep again and when I woke up she was gone. I lived in that house for three years and say that woman frequently and ever since then she follows me I can feel her near me like a guardian angel.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Water_God, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CammiAlice (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
That is sleep paralysis, it happens to my aunty at least once a month. Sleep paraysis causes you to hallucinate so what you see isn't actually real. I don't think it was anything paranormal.
argie777 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
i guess its your guardian angel watching you mtoo since you were born! You must be thankful for it
The_Water_God (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
To answer a few questions no she was not holding me I often had SP and she knew how scared it made me so she showed up, no she is not a demon she is my guardian her name is Rose she is next to me right now, and I know I made a few mistakes I can spell I am just not that good with a keyboard 😜
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Aya, there are different opinions on SP. Some folks consider all SP to be the result of paranormal influence. Other people consider it be a sleep disorder, in which the body is still frozen in sleep, the mind is mostly awake but still partially in a dream state. This partial dream state causes hallucinations. I've heard people who hold to the paranormal explanation say that since several poeple report similar hallucinations, it must be a real entity. People who hold to the sleep disorder theory could explain the similarity of hallucinations by saying that if people are sharing the same sleep disorder, then the symptoms, including hallucinations, will naturally be very much the same.
It's just one those things that aint easy to prove either way. 😕
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Hey! Since when did SP became paranormal! I thought SP is kind of medical condition or something like that? [curious]

-AYA x YOITE
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
You may want to learn how to spell PSYCHIC right so people will take you seriously. They may not when you spell it PHYSIC. I'm trying to help, not offend 😁 I wonder, if this girl is kind why she would cause you paralysis? That just seems strange to me. I hope she is not trying to comfort you so she can hurt you in the long run. I don't want to upset you, but because you feel like you are sensitive to the psychic world. You should learn how to protect your self & learn discernment. So you're safe. Bless you & yours. MCL.

~LSD~
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
hey this is Nephele [obviously] from the emails.
Did you name her or did she tell you her name?
Do you think maybe when you have sleep paralysis it's not a demon holding you down it could be an angel from the other realm where your soul goes when you sleep... Maybe like your sub-conscience showing you and telling you something in your dreams

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: