You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Creepy Man In The Backyard

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Man In The Backyard

 

I moved to my current house when I was just turning 5 years old. I have always believed in the paranormal but was never the type of person to quickly believe that everything that happens to my friends and me is paranormal.

In my yard I have seen the shape of an old man walking around and towards the garage sometimes. Most of the time I usually just get the feeling that he is standing there by the door watching me. I thought nothing of it until we completely remodeled the family room, which is the room closest to the back of the house. The room was remodeled in the spring/summer and about in the late winter it stared to get worse.

The feeling of being watched had gotten stronger and I was also able to see the man more clearly. He wears dark pants and either a white or an off-white shirt. He has the face of a 50-year-old man with graying to no hair. I have actually caught a picture of him I can only see the top half of him but it is enough to tell that it is him.

Up until a few months ago he has shown no signs of aggression and has never tried to enter the house or be near any people. But in the past few months he has entered the house and stands at the bottom of the staircase in the front of the house. My 11-year-old sister has also seen him recently. She came to me saying that she saw a shadow move quickly in the backyard. My sister is very imaginative and was watching movies so I wasn't quick to believe her.

About a month or so later my friends came over for a sleep over, there were 5 of us and we were running about in the front and backyard at about 2 am. One of my friends had mentioned being "creeped out" when she was in the backyard so we went around to the front of the house. We stayed there for a while then when we went to the backyard again on the way past the house another one of my friends saw the man standing next to the garage watching us as we ran past. We ran and stopped under a tree and talked and then that friend brought up what she had seen. We all got a little freaked and we went back inside. Once we got inside I asked said friend to describe what she saw. Keep in mind that I have never told her about this before. I don't usually tell many people about what I see in my house. So she described exactly what I had seen countless times before.

I don't know weather I should be worried or concerned about this sprit or just ignore it. If anyone has any advice on what I should do that would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by CrystalAngelWings

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrystalAngelWings, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Trust your instincts if you don't want to ouija then try an EVP leave the recorder somwhere that won't pick up noise from anything else and then listen back later.

Ask neighbours about past owners ect and find out soe history on your property as well as family history couldn't hurt.

Does sound like a watcher wo guards your house and is keeping an eye on you, Best of luck and please upload if you can and really try EVP.

~Shadead.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Eh it was just a thought, I didn't say that it would work but yea it probly wouldn't bother...
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I would suggest that you leave it the way it is, unless your prepared to take what ever comes after initiating the comminication. Since the spirit seems happy to just be seen and taken notice of, you should leave him alone.

To satisfy your curiosity you may research the house. You might find few answers... Try it.

Reagrds,
Logan
TiaraAngelz (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
Thank You For Sharing Your Story CrystalAngelWings!
😁

I'm sorry to say, EmeraldAngel way of automatic writing methods wouldn't be likey to work. I don't think a ghost would just pick up a pencil in the middle of the night and write everything about itself. 😕 But I don't think you sould feel worried of this spirit, but expected to be scared since its paranormal. Don't worry, this spirit does sound harmless. As you've explained its not tried anything to hurt you and only watches you. I don't think it is going to try anything to harm you. But please if anything does happen, if you encounter anything with this spirit please would you mind updating:3 I'm sorry I guess I like to be updated on storys. But if you also wouldn't mind showing us this picture:)

Thank You Again GodBless

❤ Hannah
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
It's good that you don't want to use a Ouija board. Also, avoid automatic writing. It may be more risky than the Ouija board. If you feel you just have to make contact, EVPs are probably the safest way to go about it. Just leave a voice recorder out, and go on about your day. You can play it back later to see if you caught anything.
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
dude if you take a picture and you see a orb lt me remind you if you did not know this (if you watch ghost hunters on sy fy) a orb is a engery ball on engery so it may be a ghost maybe it isn't just so you know but other then that be careful I have had expierinces my self so try to ineract with it like a evp but other then that good luck 😁
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
EmeraldAngel that wasn't the way to use automatic writing LOL! Automatic writing is kind of smilar to being possess... The spirit usually enter your body and write, or your mind would pick up some information that the spirit would give... You must be the one to do the writing not the spirit...

I agree with the others that this maybe a protector or relatives... 😊 can you please upload the photo...

-AYA LOVE Yoite
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
nothing comes to my mind maybe try automatic writing like you write a question on a piece of paper and leave a pencil out next to it at night and see what happens to it when you wake up. Thats was what I was planning but my ghosts seem to have left me haha. Probly when I asked God to put them to rest IT WORKED! All I can say is good luck and keep us updated on any more future experiences, Katherine
CrystalAngelWings (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Thank you all who commented. They were the kind off answers I was looking for. I never considered what SheWolf said, that he could be protecting the house. Also I never considered what XOXjammyXOX said, that he could be protecting my family.

I have been wanting to contact him in some way with one of my friends but I don't want to use a Ouiji Board. Would there be any other good way to?
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
To me it doesn't sound like this spirit is looking to cause harm, I agree with cosmogal that he could just be watching over your property.

You said that the activity got stronger in the winter after you remodeled your family room? That could just be a coincidence or it could have triggered more activity. I don't think you're in any danger. I would just try to live with him or ignore him, but the decision is ultimately yours.

Thanks for sharing your story.
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Hello,

Thank you for a great story, this has brought a lot of interest into my team located in Binghamton, New York.

We are a team that comes in with equipment and finds answers through hard proven evidence, not through feelings. Therefore, hopefully presenting something to you to give you answers as to what is truly there.

We would love to talk to you about these experiences and see if we cannot set something up to come check it out and help along your journey with the paranormal. We understand it can be a difficult time.

We are here to help you.

E-mail us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com

Our website:
Binghamtonparanormal.com

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Max31959 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
You should try communicating with it, I don't think it will hurt you, it would have done it at a younger age, ghosts aren't stupid (most of them aren't anyway) and it wouldn't just wait for you to grow older and stronger to attack you, so you have nothing to fear, try seeing what it wants. Or show your parents. The ghost seems to be attracted to you and the rennovating of your home, that triggers many spirits. But yeah BrandonCR is right, it would be wise to watch it, try to find a pattern in it. Maybe it moves to different locations on certain times? Or maybe its more vivid on more nights than others? If the ghost is starting to come into your home, it is trying to get your attention.
Flint (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
This ghost you see sounds harmless, to be honest it almost seems as if it's lonely. Shewolf made a good point if you ignore it, the ghost will eventually disappear. There is also the possibility that this phantom may be dead a relative that died even before you where born, and may be trying to pass a message over to you from the other side. Ask your family about any dead relatives that you may not have heard about that died before you were born. You may get an answer to this phenomenon through a dream some night. Good story, hope you figure it out some day.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
He sounds benign, a Watcher, or a residual haunting, Nothing to worry about if you ask me. Keep an eye on him though, and tryb to get that picture posted.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I don't think this man is looking to cause harm to anyone. He's just hanging around, probably because he lived there or near the property at one time. Like others said, he could be a protector or just continuing to watch over the property in death as he did in life. I would suggest to just leave him be, he doesn't seem menacing at all. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊 ❤
X0XjammyX0X (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
i've had a simular experience with a man in the back who is holding an old fashion lantern, and as shewolf said it is problebly more or less a watcher protecting the house. He may even be protecting your family from something.
joshmc28 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
try to find some sort of history of the house from your neighbours
SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Sounds like a ghost. Usually ghosts can be "triggered" by recent changes in the home, such as moving furniture around. Try your best to ignore him, this may sound really silly, but spirits and demons "feed" off negative energies (such as fear or anger) and attention. He does not sound like a bad ghost, maybe he is just a watcher, like a spirit that protects the house or something. Or, he could be a bad spirit, right now, only time will tell. Hope all goes well, and remember to believe in God (if your a Christian), he will always help you 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: