You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demons In My Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Demons In My Sleep

 

Where to begin...

My first demonic experience occurred when I was 13 years old. It was a time of great turmoil in my life. My mother had abandoned me, my dad had been gone for years, so I was sent to live with an Aunt and Uncle I did not know in Georgia, taken away from everything and everyone I knew in Florida. I was severely depressed and traumatized.

One day, after crying myself to exhaustion, I was in that state between wakefulness and just about asleep. I began to hear a crackling, roaring sound in my head, like a fuzzy radio, or snowy TV. Then, I began to hear a male voice whispering to me in my head. I could not discern the words, but I was scared to death, and attempted to open my eyes and move my body.

I could do nothing. I was paralyzed, and couldn't do anything but lay there and scream in my head. This probably only lasted for seconds, but it seemed like forever. When I was finally able to move and wake up, I could not go back to sleep, and after that, I kept the lights on in my room day and night. I never had that experience again.

I eventually moved back to Florida, and when I was 18, I was living alone in a rather bad section of St. Petersburg. One night after I had gone to sleep, I woke up because I heard a voice loud and clear in my head, telling me to get up, and go open my backdoor. My cat was in bed with me, and he was hissing and growling with his hair on end and his back arched. I didn't see anything, but I got up and went to the backdoor, and when I opened it, there was a man coming up the back steps. When he saw me, he freaked out and ran away. I watched him run past the kitchen window and out into the street.

For a long time I convinced myself that I was Psychic, but now I know God sent me an angel that night. If I hadn't obeyed Him, my life may have ended that night.

My next experience came at 19 years of age, after moving back to Tampa. I was sick with tonsillitis, and had just returned from the ER. I went to sleep, and strange things began to happen. Even though I was asleep, my mind was awake, and I opened my eyes. I could see the room I was in, but everything looked grainy, gray, and heavy, like a fuzzy TV screen.

I looked down and could see my body lying in the bed exactly as I was. Things began to fly off the dresser towards me, and I noticed these fuzzy, grey balls flying around the room. They looked like floating dust bunnies. It was very surreal, but not really frightening, until I saw this giant, dragonfly looking creature with large, red glowing eyes. It flew over to me on the bed, and began to use what looked like a proboscis to drill into my arm. I began to try and scream, but I was paralyzed. My attempts were futile. I tried to move, and it was so hard. Eventually, I woke myself up, and I was terrified. My boyfriend tried to comfort me, but I was so scared. After I began to feel better, I convinced myself I was hallucinating because I was so sick. I was dead wrong.

In my twenties I began to have these very graphic, sexual dreams. I could never see the person, but I enjoyed it immensely. It was, after all, a dream. After a while, it got to where I could go to sleep and call this creature to come to me. I would see a window in my mind, it would open, and the curtains would billow, and it would come to me. This is when I began thinking maybe these weren't actually dreams, but demonic visitations.

I became a Christian at age 29 years. At this point, the visitations escalated, even though I rejected it. I could sense a presence one night after drifting off to sleep, and I opened my eyes in time to see a black, billowing blob next to my bed. I watched it float away and disappear into the wall.

Over the years I've noticed that the closer I am walking in spirit with Jesus, the more frequent and vicious the attacks become.

I have seen these creatures now. The one that has visited me since my twenties will often tell me to look away so I can't see it. When I refuse, it changes into a sparrow. I have seen it. Looks like something straight out of a horror movie, complete with pointed ears and wings.

This one will snatch me from body and fly around with me in its grip through the dark. Once I tried to grab its hand and pull it from me, and it was like putting my hand through Jell-O. That freaked me out, and it won't let go until it's had its fun.

One night when I sensed a presence, I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with a demon that looked like a man, but he had no light in his eyes. I watched it float up away from me, out into the dining room outside my bedroom door, and disappear up into the light fixture.

The scariest demon I've ever encountered has only attacked me twice, but these are events I will never forget, and the most recent one was last week. I was not prepared for this, and have been sleeping with my TV on lately.

I associate these events with movies I have watched. The first attack was last Halloween. The kids and I went out for a night walk, pretending to see ghosts in the trees. When we got home, I sat down and watched a 20 minute YouTube video on the legend of bloody Mary. Big mistake. That night, after I had just fallen asleep, I saw one of my children standing next to my bed. I reached out for him, and as I did, he turned into the image of bloody Mary, with flames crackling behind him. I was terrified, but couldn't move, couldn't scream. The image stood over me, snarling and snapping at me, reaching out for me. When I finally woke up, I was terrified, and on went the lights and TV.

Last week I started watching a movie called Paranormal Activity. I found it rather boring, and never even saw any scary parts, so I turned it off after about 40 minutes, and went to sleep.

I woke up around 4 am when my fiancée' got up to use the bathroom. I sat up, sipped some water which I always keep by my bedside, and laid back down. I felt a presence, and looked to see my youngest son standing next to the bed. I reached out to grab his hand, and he turned into a hideous creature, blood running down its chin, growling at me, reaching out for my neck. I was paralyzed, couldn't scream, for what seemed like forever.

When I was able to wake up, I wrapped myself around my fiancée', and told him what had happened. Like me, he has had demonic visitations, dreams, and visions pretty much his entire life, and he is never bothered by these things. We both know they can't hurt us, but it still scares me.

I was stunned by what he told me. He knew the demon was there. He sensed it and that's when he got up to use the bathroom. He saw it enter our bedroom, and it looked like my oldest daughter, but when it turned to look at him, it grinned, and its face became distorted. He ignored it, and didn't tell me it was there.

When I again tried to sleep, I began dreaming I was with a girlfriend from work, and we were all dressed up and going into a church. We were walking arm and arm, when she suddenly became that hideous thing, and began to growl at me. I woke up, and told my fiancée' about it, and held him tight. A few moments later, that thing passed over us. We could see the darkness get darker, and feel it as it brushed past us, or more like through us, giving us both goose bumps and shivers.

I can handle the other stuff, but this demon terrifies me, as it seems its sole purpose is to instill great fear into its victims, and I need to watch the doors and windows I open up by watching stupid movies I don't need to be watching.

Before I became a Christian, I remember encountering a family at an outdoor event. I now have no doubt that the Spirit of God was strong within them, because I felt His presence with them, but didn't know what it was, but I respected it.

After becoming a Christian, I felt the presence of evil among a group of people, and it terrified me. We were leaving the park, and a small group of happy, laughing, normal-looking people walked past us. When they did, the evil presence was so strong; I broke out in a cold sweat, and shivered with goose bumps. I don't know what was traveling with them, but it was evil.

Many of my friends find my ability to spiritually discern fascinating, and consider it a gift. It's more of a curse in my opinion. And one that I am convinced I inherited from my mother. Mom is another story, but she didn't handle her demonic visitations very well, and it drove her insane. She was a walking pharmacy, full of Psychiatric drugs, until the day she died. It was after her death that we found the journals she kept, about witch covens in her backyard at night, and aliens attacking her in her sleep. People probably did think she was crazy, but she wasn't. I wish I had had the opportunity to really talk to her about these things before she died.

Thanks for reading my story. I hope to bring hope and encouragement to others out there who suffer similarly. Despite my visitors, my faith in Jesus never wanes, and I call on Him when I am attacked. Sometimes the attacks stop, sometimes they don't. If I have to bear this burden at times, so be it. There must be something positive to be gleaned from it at some point.

Our fleshly little lives are planted firmly in the midst of an eternal spirituality that for the most part, we cannot see with fleshly eyes. I have no doubt that spirits, good and evil, walk among us, and God's angels will never speak to us without a direct command from Him. The devil's angels, however, love to deceive and frighten us, and have plenty of experience at manipulating humans.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, liza316, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mereki (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
the person talking to you, in your sleep happened to me, but I don't know if it was a dream, cause "it" said "wake up you stupid mortal" I woke up instantly, but I didn't look around snuggled with my boyfriend imediatly.
Hope everyhting turns out alright for you
kmarie (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I actually experienced this kind of thing when I was little. I have a story about it on here called "A Demon Before I Sleep". Thank you for posting this, it actually makes me feel better:)
GeminiGirl (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
this is amazing and frightening I believe in the astral realm where this happens a lot I grew up with a mother who helps and protected me now I have learned to protect myself last night freaked me out but the strenght of those who I love and who love me protects me
Thank you for posting this it helps to have a reminder that your not crazy everyonce in a while
ScarlettFever (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
i suggest wearing a cross and chain on around your neck, even a wooden one, just be be protected, maybe kiss it every one in a while, followed by the name of the Jesus.

N E ways if I came across an angry ghost I'd swear at it dozens of times and punch the air fiercly, gritting my teeth. LOL

P.S yur cat sensed the spirit, relay on it for dangers

ScarlettFever -Ciaao' GodBless 😁
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Me too. I don't think your crazy 😐 but I wonder why haven't you try getting rid of this demon, hmmm... Anyway do take care...

-AYA ❤ YOITE
liza316 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Thanks to everyone reading my story and commenting. I appreciate it deeply. I know I'm not alone... 😁 Jesus didn't promise us a cakewalk. It's the job of Satan's minions to attempt to distract us, and render us powerless, esepcially when we are in the rightest relationship with Him. They don't like it when people can see His power, His light, in us. Paul was sent a constant reminder of his fleshly weakness, a thorn in the flesh, messenger of Satan, to help keep him humble. He accepted it, and bore it through the power of the Risen Savior. It's not flesh and blood we battle, but spiritual wickedness in high places, as we all know. My fiancee's background is very interesting. He is from Belize, and his father and grandmother were both considered powerful practioners of dark arts-witches. His mother fled the country when he was young because she feared for her life from her husband's family. Her kids eventually immigrated to the states as well, and they are now Christians. His father died several years back, and something/someone claiming to be his father appears to him in dreams. Pretty creepy, but nothing scares him, and this is good for me! 😊
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
God bless you & your family! I know that being a soldier in The Kingdom isn't an easy job. But we already have the victory & the enemy & his crew will stop at nothing in their fit of failure to screw it all up for us. You know. & I am so blessed to read a story & be able to relate to it on such a level. Bless you & email me some time 😁

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

I'm a womans leader & I'm ordained, so if you would like a new sister in Christ or ever need anything at all just let me know! Bless you & yours! MCL.
~LSD~
white_roses84 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Obviously, this isn't something you can, as some put it, "get rid of". And I don't think you're crazy.:) You can, however, tell yourself THEY'RE NOT GOING TO HURT YOU. You may be scared, but it's just looks. It can't hurt you and nothing is really happening. You have your fiancee but your side, too. Best of luck.
God bless you. ❤
signup (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
why not consider a blessing of the house and the people who have had this?
Bless the house, and hope that this will help.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
It's definitely good that you two found each other. Maybe get a priest in your house to bless it? A St. Benadict's medal may be worth looking into as well, or even a blessed crusifix on a chain, for you, your fiance, and your children. Careful with wall crusifixs in the house - Many demons will turn them, and I've read, in some instances, that an upside-down wall crusifix will lead to more intense and terrifying/violent hauntings.

I'd find a priest, maybe even a bishop, and get them to bless the house, and, if you're interested, a native shaman. I've heard that they can do wonders, asking their ancestral spirits to protect the house. Most mediums can actually see the spirits of wolves or bears guarding the house blessed by a shaman, without having being told about the blessing.

Just some food for thought.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Looks like your man and you are soul mates, you have a connection, knowing what the other is going through.
pupper123 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
I don't think your crazy. My grandfather and me get this weird feeling when some thing is wrong. We saw a animal that looked like a bull but had three horns anad was the same colour as blood. And my grandfather said something in galic and it disappered. And my grandfather said it was a demon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: