You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Night Time Visit

Real Ghost Stories

A Night Time Visit

 

It was a hot summer's night and everyone was fast asleep. I was having a nightmare and woke up to get a drink. As I was about to go downstairs I saw my dad walk up the stairs and said "I came home early from work today, so just go back to sleep okay?" at first I went along with it and went to bed thinking that my dad had come home early from his night shift at work. So I just kept on walking back to my room and heard my parents door open then close again, thinking that my dad had walked in. But I was wrong.

The next morning up at 8am the normal time my dad would come home, when the front door opened and stepped in dad. I was shocked at first and asked him "Dad didn't you come home early yesterday?" and he looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, I was at work all night, I'd call if I was going to come home early" then I realized. That when I was walking back to my room I never heard footsteps, or the floorboards creak.

I was scared then, I ran up and looked in my parent's room, and only my mum was there. And that the door had only opened the day before because Of the fan on full. Who was I Talking to? Who talked? Who was that then? Ever since I never left my room at night ever again. Instead I had a drink next to my bed every night. I never had another visit like that again, but heard the occasional creak of floorboards and footsteps and always assumed it was my parents. Assumed. I never checked, just in case I saw whoever that was again. I'd rather live not knowing who it was, than knowing what was there in the first place.

Other hauntings by Valencia_Rose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Valencia_Rose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
wow I always find stories of this kind so weird... The concept of a Doppelganger is so frightening. I would have flipped out too!. I do recomend to say a prayer before you sleep though.

God bless.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
How long ago did this happen and how old were you? What was the meaning of the nightmare prior to the apparition?
Do your parents experience anything?

If all this was recently, I'd be on the alert. Ghosts with specific identities do not tend to assume another's identity.
Don't be fooled by words or appearance. Only authenticity persuades.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
Badjuujuu is right, sounds like a doppelganger.

Arghh... Very creep story, I had it before, but it was afternoon, so I didn't freak out that much... Anyway thanks for sharing...

-Aya Winchester
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
It could have been a doppelganger, an entity that takes the form of different people.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Well, it didn't seem mean, obviously. But I have heard of demons who take the form of someone you know. But it doesn't really make sense. A Demon would act strangely or mean, wouldn't it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: