You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Not My Cousin

Real Ghost Stories

Not My Cousin

 

This is my first time writing a story on the site, so I'm going to give you a bit of a background check.

I've always been interested in ghosts and paranormal things. I'm a strong believer and I've done my research.

This story I'm about to tell you is something that hasn't occurred to me since my grandmother said something.

When I was 5, I watched as the paramedics took away my grandfather on a stretcher.

My grandparent's place was big. It had a HUGE opening when you walked into the house. Forward, you could go into the living room. Right, was a hallway that led to the other side of the house (I was always scared of going that way by myself, too many rooms with too little space and all). And left, was the small opening to the kitchen.

I was standing in the kitchen opening holding onto my aunt's leg.

I remember looking over to where the hallway began, and seeing my cousin (who would've been about 10-12). I thought nothing of it.

My grandpa died shortly after he was in the hospital.

Years later, we were talking about funny memories he brought everyone. Then the conversation began to get serious and we started talking about that day. While explaining to them about what I remembered, and my cousin, my grandma interrupted, "What? You're cousin wasn't there..." I insisted he was and I remembered seeing him. I KNEW it was him.

Looking back on what I remember, Matt (my cousin), had completely black eyes, a pale face and pitch black curly hair.

Everyone seemed pretty freaked out when I told them this, and my grandma suggested that it was the grim reaper. I asked why no one else had seen him, and they said that because I was only five, my senses were more open to the ghosts.

Since this may be a big, "HUH?" to everyone, I'll explain what I remember.

I was 5, watching my grandpa getting taken away. I looked over at my cousin (who was standing at the beginning of the hallway). He followed my grandpa slowly with his head and sight. He then snapped his vision over to me so fast that it startled me and I looked away, hiding my face in my aunt's leg. When I looked back, he was gone. I guess back then I figured he went downstairs or to the washroom. I was only five, so it's not like I cared, ha-ha.

I guess what I'd like is everyone's opinion. I don't know what I saw, or why it was taking the form of my cousin... But I'd really like SOMETHING to believe.

Other hauntings by Brenna

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Psychicfamiliymoments (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
IT could have been a demon, because demons usually take shapes of something that's familiar to you. Plus, its true that you are more prone to ghosts when your younger, 'cause your mind isn't flooded with reality and crap.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
I was going to say exactly the same thing at Nightengale23. LOL! This entity could have been a reaper that just resembled your cousin. Being that you were only 5, you compared this entity to a likeness you were familiar with. Very interesting story, and thank you for sharing it with us. 😊
GeminiGirl (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
from what I have heard from some of the stories I have read about the "grim reaper" your grandmother put it can take on any form some maybe familiar to the person who is seeing it in this case your cousin I could be wrong but that's how I see it
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
huh very interesting!. Many people have stories of this sort, either of themselves or a relative when close to death. Its really interesting how it looked like your cousin but then again you were only 5 it just might have resembleled him. I don't think it was a Demon or negative entity, those sorts usualy only latch onto negative energy sources. But your grandfather was close to death, this might have been some sort of grim reaper as you were told, then again there is still much to know about the spirit world. Thank you for sharing your story it was very interesting.


God bless:) ❤
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
There are such things as living apparitions, they can come to you while you are awake or while dreamin. For instance, a few years back when my cousin Tyler died I had a dream where I was watching him writhe around in great pain. 12 hours later I received a phone call from my grandmother, who told m,e tyler Overdosed in the night. I'm not sure if Living apparitions can appear when a family member of theirs is dying, but at this point I believe that just about anything is possible.
Brenna (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
[at] HardToScare432 Aweh! I don't know why it wouldn't take your stories? Strange. And my aunt was right there, who was older, and said no one else was in the house besides the people I remember.
[at] EmeraldAngel Thank you!
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Thats so scary it probly was an evil spirit or possibly demon who followed your Grandfather knowing he was going to die. I can't say what its motives were but pray for your Grandfather it might help,Katherine
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
First I would like to say that I'm glad someone else has stories to share from Canada. They won't take my stories... Oh well. 😭 What happened to you might have been stranger if you were older.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: