You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Faulty Wiring

Real Ghost Stories

Faulty Wiring

 

One night, I was lying in bed when I realized I needed to use the bathroom. Getting up, I shuffled down the hallway to our small upstairs bathroom. I noticed that the bathroom door was shut but the light was off so I thought nothing of it. I went to open the door but I suddenly heard a loud sound of someone clearing their throat. I figured it was my uncle who had recently moved in with us and decided to wait for him to get out.

I waited in bed for 10 minutes and finally decided to just go to sleep. A few hours later I awoke again and went to get out of bed when suddenly the bathroom lights began to flicker madly! I stepped closer to the hallway when I heard and loud crash in the bathroom and wondered what had happened. I peeked behind me and looked into my brother's room to see him fast asleep. Figuring it was my uncle again I walked up to the door and said "uncle Gary, what are you doing?" There was no reply. I stepped back and heard a faint gurgling noise. Listening for a moment I realized it was my uncle snoring fast asleep in his room! Terrified I ran into my brother's room and climbed into his bed for the remaining three hours until morning.

When morning came I asked my mother if she had used the bathroom. She said she hadn't, so I asked my step dad and he told me he had gone to the bathroom. So I asked him why he hadn't responded when I asked him what was going on, and why was he flickering the lights. Then he asked me, "what are you talking about? I used the bathroom down stairs and I didn't do anything like that..." Since then we have moved but every night I still check the bathroom before using it.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lauren Mantez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
The light flickering could of been a faulty light bulb, the throat clearance sound could of been somebody in the house.
OregonPS (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Could be bad wiring or power bumps/surges. What about the throat clearance sound? Think that was one if your sleeping household members?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: