You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Goat's Head &the Visitors

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Goat's Head &the Visitors

 

In my room, I had an old wild goat's head that hung above my bed where I slept. I had always been a nature lover, but I always loved hunting also, so I decided to hang it there. It had never given me any trouble, until one odd week in the spring. One night, I had a strange dream, I was in my room, and what I believe was a dog or ferret like creature, was living in the goats head. It came out to play with me and it felt harmless, so in my dream I had fun with the creature. The next day, I thought nothing of the dream, as we all know dreams can be strange.

Later on that week, in the bathroom of my house, I saw a shadow of a tall man; I guess it was about six to seven feet tall. The room light was turned on, so the room was well lit. The shadow disappeared about four or five seconds after I saw it. It frightened me terribly, but I have seen "shadow men" a few times before, and decided to pray that night for the shadow to leave the property, and not to see it again. About a few hours after I prayed (I was in bed), a small feather landed on my chest. The goats head was directly above me, and I thought it was my pet mynah bird cleaning his feathers, as he usually sleeps on the head above me. So I smiled and looked up, expecting to see my bird grooming, but instead, I see the goat's head shaking, as if someone was holding it and shaking it. I was frozen, I had no idea what to think of it, the shaking was obviously strong enough for my bird's feather to fall off of the head, so it was not my imagination, and I am usually a no-nonsense person anyway, and try to find out how something happened before jumping to conclusions. I placed my hand slowly on the wall where the head was hanging. I felt vibrations, so I was positive that I didn't imagine the head shaking. It stopped shaking about twenty to thirty seconds after I noticed it. And just so you know, I was not tired that night, and it was early in the night for me. I was too scared to get up, but I called my dog to me and he came, I eventually just fell asleep.

The next morning, I decided to tell my father about what I had seen (the shadow man, and the head shaking). He was shocked, and told me that he had a few strange experiences within the past few days. The first one was quite creepy. He was lying down watching television on the sofa, when all of a sudden he felt pressure on the sofa, as if something had jumped up on it. He thought it was one of our cats, so he didn't think anything of it, he realized it was not one of our cats, because he felt an "evil presence". All of a sudden, he said he couldn't move, but it could not have been sleep paralysis, because he was not sleeping, but fully awake, plus, he felt the "thing" jump on the sofa before he couldn't move. After a few seconds (I believe he said eight or so), he could move again, and immediately grabbed his Bible and read from it, and commanded whatever it was to leave. The second experience he had was less creepy. One night that week, he was sitting on the bed when he felt as if something had "gone inside his body", he said he felt tingling all over, but he said it felt happy, and not evil. But it still really frightened him.

A day passed, and we all felt something was in the house, like a bad energy/spirit. I also saw a few other shadow men that week, all of them freaked me out. Then one day, I finally figured why this all was happening! I found the connection with the dream and the old goat head. And I thought either the goat head was being used as a gate to let spirits into our house, or something found it a nice home! I believe my first answer was correct, because there were different spirits we believe, a good one and a few negative ones. So, me and my father immediately took down the old goat head, and placed it into a box and took it to our outdoor storage unit. We also smudged the house with sage, and prayed to God for "The un-earthly Visitors" to leave our home. My father had also told me, after we got rid of the goat head, that he recently felt negative energy from it, he even said he was afraid to look into the glass eyes, but only in that month. Everything returned to normal when the goats head was taken down, occasionally, we feel bad energy "passing through", but nothing as creepy as that one week.

I hope you all enjoyed my story, and please tell me your opinions, do you think the head was suddenly being used as a "gate way", or do you think that a travelling spirit/energy just found it a nice place to live? And do you think that the dream had anything to do with the experiences?

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by SheWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SheWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SheWolf (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
[at] poi4you, as I said, I forget the literal translation and I'm not even that sure about the spelling, but yes it has Hawaiian meaning. No, it was not taken from a dictionary, it came to my uncle in a dream and he told my parents to name me that, now it's my middle name. My uncle knew Hawaiian but sadly I don't, and I probably forgot the real spelling of my name...
poi4you (4 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
unusual name... Something created from a dictionary though as it has no true meaning by hawaiian standards.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
what color was the feather? I'm highly interested in knowing why in the world would you have a goat head right above you bed. I despise hunting trophies, no offense intended and yes it was a portal since the goat is... Dead so They were drawn to it I guess. I'm glad you got rid of it, Katherine.
BrookieCookie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
heyy! This stuff is true because I'm 13 and when I was 3 my great grandma we called her mama. Her place was hauntin=g it was a one floor house it had 3 bed rooms and 1 bathroom... Me and My older brother (he was 5) we would walk all the way down the hall and stop right wear a wall was our mom yelled down the hall and asked why we stoped there unsted of going to the spare room! 😐 the wall was a gate way for the ghosts. We froze because we saw a shodow figure with dark red eyes he look at me and said something in french but I didn't understand because my mom didn't speak that launguge with us because we are french if you want more I post it up soon I let you know when you do

And tnx for posting this it reminds me what happened back then

BrookieCookie ❤ ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I immediately thought of the inverted pentagram with the goats head in the middle just as Shadead mentioned. I don't think it really has much to do with the experience you described though, but I do believe that the head did have some negative energy attached to it. Where did you aquire the goats head?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
My thoughts and just on the fly here but more often then not the devil is represented in a inverted Pentagram with a goats head figured in the middle.

The Head could be manifesting as a portal for shadows and spirits as it could be seen as an unholy symbol.

Again just my thoughts and my best wishes to you.

~Shadead.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I think that this object did somehow become a porthole of some kind. You know, you could have the head blessed, and porthole closed, if it is something you are fond of. 😊 GL!
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Hi, I am hoping to get my story on this site fairly soon! I find your story interesting. I have never seen a "shadow person" but I DO believe in them! I guess it makes since if spirits were attracted, maybe, to the goat head, because it is something...dead. It makes sense...right? 😜
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I've always been creeped out by hunting trophies. Your story makes me feel less silly about that, so thank you for sharing 😆.
Ok, this is what I think. Some places in the physical plane act as gateways to non-physical planes. I think a gateway opened in or near your home. Whether or not the gateway was directly connected to the trophy, hard to say. It's possible that one of the presences in your home took to hiding in the goat head though, as a convenient place to go unseen but still keep an out on everything. When you smudged the house, did you also smudge the goat head?
The dream you had may have been your instincts kicking in, and telling you that there was something hiding in the trophy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: