You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Did It Really Move?

Real Ghost Stories

Did It Really Move?

 

When I was 9 years old, I was playing with my father's mobile phone and I was in my room playing with it. I put it down on the floor next to a piece of paper I had drawn on earlier and went out to get something to eat. When I got back, the phone was next to my texters about 3 footsteps away from the piece of paper where I left it. I was sure I left it next the paper. I ran out to my father and told him. He said that I was being silly. I knew it had moved. I went back upstairs and it was next to the paper again. Then I started thinking maybe I was being silly. Maybe I was just seeing things. So I decided to go back down and tell my father.

I started walking down the staircase as I heard my mother and father talking. I stopped and bent down, looking through the bars and listend. They were talking about the little girl who used to live here before we moved in. My father said something like this: "we can't tell Abi about Ruby because if we do she will get scared..." and my mother said: "well if Ruby's silly parents locked her window that night, that man wouldnt've climbed in and killed Ruby, now would he?"

That's then when I knew someone had climbed in the window in the same room as I was in now, and attacked the little girl Ruby. I went back up into my room and walked over to the window. It was open. I went to reach out and shut it but it slammed shut. There was no wind outside either. I knew it was her. I screamed and my parents ran in and I told them I overheard them talking. They settled me down and that night I couldn't sleep. As soon as I closed my eyes, the window slammed shut and open and shut and open over and over. I screamed and my parents came in and the next day we moved.

I am now 14 and still think about it every night. And every night I walk over to my window and lock it...

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Abi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hm...this one sounds a bit sketchy to me. First of all, why would your mother say that part about Ruby's parents locking the window? Didn't your dad already know the rest of the story, and anyway, what relevance did that have to telling you about her? Did your parents move out of the house because of the ghost or for some other reason? I know from personal experience that it takes longer than a day to move, and usually people aren't willing to part with their home, pack up and change their address unless it's for a really good reason. If your parents already knew the ghost was there, why would they want to move? I hope you'll come back and participate in the discussion!

Warmest blessings,

DA
Demon_Kid (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-07)
Thats Very Creepy... Nice job screaming or else lol okay well seeya...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Thank you for sharing your story.

I do hope that Ruby is able to find peace, poor child.

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
The way to get people to believe you is to make them the witness. Put the object in one place with the person who is skeptical being present and walk out and then return to see if it moved.

It must have been difficult for the murderer to climb to a second story window to kill a child named Ruby. Why that window and a child? Perhaps a little investigating is needed?

Moving out of a house generally takes more than one day? How were you able to move so quickly?

A good investigator asks questions. Next time investigate your event.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-14)
Sounds like the little girl must have died a horrific death and that caused her soul to become trapped on this plane of existence. She could have also possibly been trying to warn you about the person who came through her window and killed her. Could he have still be lose, did they catch him?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-13)
Hey Abi, you have a perfectly good reason for being scared, I think that Ruby was trying to prove it to you that she is real and that she really is haunting her former home. I feel really bad for what happened to her though, just because her parents didn't lock the window. Well, it wasn't their faults, I'm sure they weren't thinking "oh, let's shut the window because someone might come in and attack Ruby". Well, take care and keep shutting that window...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: