You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted For Years Or Just Paranoid?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted For Years Or Just Paranoid?

 

I am 17 years old and female, for a while I have been aware that the block of flats I live in is very old. I am not sure how old but I do know it has been rebuilt. Due to being bombed in World War 2. I also know an old man lived in our house before us. I have always been very interested with history I find it fascinating, the same with the spiritual world although my knowledge of it is not that great.

My mum and dad told me I used to be terrified of going to sleep, toilet or walk through the hallway on my own. I used to wake up at night screaming, claiming I heard voices or seen shadows in my room. I cannot remember this, but I do remember seeing a figure at various times outside my balcony. From what I can remember I was very scared of it, I remember seeing it as a very tall pitch black shadow like figure. The eyes where gleaming yellow, and no other features could be made out at all. I would describe it as a sort of crow thing, but I'm not sure if it was crow or I thought it was a crow by the way it was standing. I have tried telling my family but all they say is "Sam your imagination has always been amazing, I would love to be able to see what you dream and imagine". Whenever I am alone I feel as though I am being watched, even when I am taking a shower. There is no proof to suggest something is actually there, but I feel it there if that makes sense. Whatever it is I do not like it at all, the feeling is so strong and makes me scared of whatever it is. My brother has said he feels that as well, but I am not sure if he is saying that because I am saying it. The experiences seem to always occur around me, I can open cupboards and things will come flying at me with such a force. I put a mirror down on the kitchen side and about two minutes later it came flying towards me, with such a force that I had to duck it hit the wall and broke. Wind could not have made that happen, the mirror has well did have a metal base.

One night when just me and my dad was still awake I noticed the cupboard in the front room was open, I walked over to it and closed it then sat down. A few minutes later the loudest bang came from inside the cupboard, as if something punched or kicked it from the inside. This made even my dad jump, we opened the cupboard and nothing had fallen. I hear bangs of doors, scratches and sometimes even footsteps in my hallway at night.

I see shadows of people or even people quickly pass doorways, or as if they are standing there watching me and when I look they are gone. Recently I am starting to see this outside, they turn corners and when I get to the corner they have disappeared. Surely if this was people you would see them walking down the road? One time I did see a figure of a little girl sitting down in the hallway, she was in front of my sister's dolls pram. I thought it was my sister, I couldn't make out any features, and she seemed grayish in colour and had two pony tails. I looked at her for a minute, she was sitting there with her legs crossed and head down. She disappeared very quickly so I just shrugged it off as nothing. I have woken up with scratches, bruises and even bite marks. I do not have sharp nails, no pets and nothing heavy or sharp to cause these. When I show my family they say "you probably done it in your sleep," well people biting themselves in their sleep is very new to me. A few occasions I have had sexual dreams, I cannot see the other people in the dreams or if I do I have no memory of what they look like in the morning. But they feel so real, sometimes I wake up and feel someone or something touching me. One night me and my brother decided to film our room, we did see an orb but we got scared and stopped. I did also leave a camera through the night but I lost it coincidently the next morning, so never got to see if anything was caught.

I would just like an explanation to what is going on, why have I been experiencing this for so many years? Is my imagination just running wild like my family think? Am I just a paranoid person? Or am I just being haunted? I have never played O board and never plan to, and I have never tried to contact the spiritual world. I would just like some answers besides my family, who think my imagination is running away with me and I am completely bonkers. I must say I have a feeling right now that something does not want me to post this story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sammi993, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Yup I agree. You might have that gift to see and sence ghosts. One of my friends has the same gift. Also I have the same gift to see and sence them. My house is haunted as hell. Once I annoyed a ghost so much that it left my house 😆 😆 But the others remained in my house. They are friendly tho but yet I'm not sure if I keep pissing them off how will they react...

God Bless ❤ Mirela x
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Dang your parents are headset that its all in your head. My mom is the same but thank God my dad knows I've got nothing to gain from this. Some people don't want to be bitten. Your definitly NOT wacko and whatever is bothering you doesn't sound friendly much. All I've got is that you pray to God to protect you from evil spirits and demons and while praying think of yourself in a white light that has a very comforting feeling and see how that goes. You cannot let this thing frighten you, I wish you luck and blessings, Katherine...
sammi993 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Thank you guys 😊 I have tried some things like trying to show I am not being scared and for a while it was working. But then later on I saw an actual figure of a man, I mentioned I have seen the girl but never a man. I remember someone saying that if it/they are negative they mess with your head, like they can not do nothing to scare you for a while and when you least expect it they will scare you not sure if that's true 😕.
Thanks for your advice it's nice knowing it is not all in my head ❤
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Ok ill share what I know and you take as much or as little as you like: My cousin had similiar experice where he played with and o board I'm a ware you haven't and he used to wake up with cuts like paper cuts and scratches between his toes and fingers and on his back alot.

He Blessed his house and room with candles, Sage smuge sticks and a prayer of protection and prayed similiar to "In gods name I ask the spirit in this location to leave and rest in peace and to not return"

Hope this helps it helped him out and he sleeps well now. Best of luck and best wishes,

~Shadead
BrookieCookie (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
i do believe that a ghost is haunting you because its has always contacted you and they think if it has always happened 2 you it must be imagnation going on...

I think this ghost must me attracted 2 you maybe when you where younger it might have had a lil thing for you...

I hope your parents come around 2 believe you

BrookieCookie ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
It is obviously not your imagination running wild on you! It seems as though you have the gift of being able to see and sense things that the rest of your family cant, that's typical behaviour of spirits seeing shadows ducking in and out of corners, doorways etc. Watersprite brought up some good points for you to combat these entities and also your fears. This needs to be addressed because the scratches and bite marks are not a good sign. I hope it all works out well for you.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
Moxxy-Mo (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Not saying you're negative or anything, but I'm pretty sure spirits (er, the bad ones anyways) are attracted to negativity. If you're near that kind of stuff, and you happen to be "sensitive", then... Well, that could be a reason.
It could be you personally that these spirits want, or maybe you're just an easy target for them. I mean, demons like to target people that seem vulnerable.

But... Good luck, and stay safe, mkay?

-Mo

P.s. I don't really know for sure, but my dad used to tell me that if you call the name of jesus, and you believe it, even a little, then they get scared and leave you alone. But I wouldn't know if it really worked... Oh! And staying positive and surrounding yourself with positive energy, showing them that you're not scared might help too!
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Bless your heart, you are really having it rough. 😢 I am so sorry your family is making light of the situation. And bite marks!? And they -still- are not paying attention to what you are saying?! Could you ask a priest to come bless your home when your family is away? And maybe talk with someone like a trusted counselor or priest, and perhaps contact a local paranormal society as well, so you could get some helpful hints or at least sympathy.

As someone on an earlier posting said, it is shameful and irresponsible that your family is not paying attention to your fears.

Best wishes and I hope things settle down, so you will not be afraid in your own home.

Watersprite ❤
sammi993 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
thanks, I don't know why whatever it has feels the need to scratch bite and bruise me I have never tried to make a connection with it 😕.
I honestly don't know if most of it is me being paranoid or not, but I can feel something there a lot of the time and it really scares me.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
I do not think it is your imagination, as we all know that is an overused way of explaining things. You're family is probably just trying to shrug it off because they have enough stresses and don't want to think about it or admit anything.

It could be that part of you is paranoid, but I wouldn't say that it's all of that.
Because where would the movement and marks come from on you?

I think when someone has a type of energy they are able to move things without realising it, like maybe the cupboard. But I am not sure.
Maybe you have some kind of connection.
Sorry I never feel like that much of help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: