You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Autumn Evening

Real Ghost Stories

An Autumn Evening

 

It was the autumn of 2006 when my story took place, which made me 10 years old.

I was at my grandmother's house, and my brother, grandmother and I were watching something on TV. Let me describe the living room: when you walk in there from the kitchen, dead ahead there is the balcony door, and just about more than half a meter beside the door, is a couch. The TV is just by the left wall. By the right wall is another couch, where my brother and grandmother were sitting.

I was sitting on the couch by the door, not really paying attention to whatever we were watching. I've also made it a habit to look through the glass door, because Swedish autumn evenings are kind of mysterious, and somehow fascinating.

I was shocked to see a woman outside the door. She was tall (about 180 cm) and had curly hair that reached her back. She was wearing something that looked like a 19th century ball gown. Her eyes were staring straight forward, and I don't think she saw me. But she didn't look like a regular person. She was like water: you could see right through her (literally). But it was like grey-ish water. The woman looked like she was about 18 - 20 years old. She was stretching her hand forward, as if she was going to open the door. But just as she was about to touch the handle, she vanished.

Now I am 14 years old, and this still interests me. When I was 12, I was on a camp with some friends. We were telling ghost stories, and I told this story. Then something I never expected happened. Daniel told me he had seen this woman too. Apparently, my description fitted the woman he had seen perfectly.

When I was 11, however, I was in a theatre group. It was the day of the show, and we had just acted it out for the first time, and we were going to have lunch. Only Nike and I were left and I told her, too, about this mysterious woman. She said immediately that the one I had seen was the White Lady. She was a good spirit. But I was lucky - the White Lady has a twin, namely the Black Lady, who is an evil spirit.

If you have seen this peculiar woman, tell me. I've been wondering about this for a while.

Other hauntings by SeseAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeseAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
I have actually seen both. The white lady many times which comforts me. The twin came around when I was 10 and she looked really evil... After this I actually passed out after feeling very dizzy.
FallinAngel (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
i hear that the white lady died in the 1800's the nighte of her wedding. Other then that I don't know much about her 😁
Unwanted-Milk (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
I haven't seen this white lady, thought I think I saw her "twin" the black lady...
The black wears a hooded veil and a black Victorian dress (I've seen her) her face doesn't show
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Interesting looking up the 'white lady' it's said she is like a banshee and when she appears a family member is going to die...
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
well also here in the Philippines we have red, black, and white lady and black lady usually been categorized as bad one. I have heard many stories before that black ones don't usually play bad, its usually the white... Anyways good story
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Most belifes use white and black to contrast good and evil but note that sad as it may seem as an example the Shinigami or death gods wear black and white robes depicting that they are both good and evil so similiar may be stated for spirits.

I feel that spirits are 100% netural and have the will to choose as do humans so that may effect things.

Anyhow great story I like it and keep posting ill keep reading them.

Cheers,
~Shadead
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Sorry, there's another misunderstanding colors of a spirit aren't proof of good or bad spirit. If this lady you saw had a gray tint then she's a neutral ghost, I guess. If a Angel wore black I'd bet most people to think "oh its a demon, you better stay away" WRONG! Its pretty much stereotype stuff to me. Sorry, I'm in an ugly mood at the moment so forgive me if I'm offending in any way. I'd just like you to keep an openmind on this stuff, being a twelve year old I've experienced plenty in a small amount of time. Just think how you feel around them, startled, who isn't but if you feel really threatened its not a friendly spirit, in other words also don't judge a book by its cover only its contents. I wish you blessings, Katherine.
Elijah1616 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
well my family says that the white lady sometime asks for help and stuff and the black lady may want to kill you!
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
i haven't had any experience like this. But I find this really interesting that the spirit has a twin spirit and one represents good and one represents evil. I hope a good discussion is started on here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: