You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Not-so-happy Spirits In My Ogden Home

Real Ghost Stories

Not-so-happy Spirits In My Ogden Home

 

Quick background, so you know where these stories take place - I was born and raised in Alberta, Canada, and most of my encounters have been in my homes as I grew up. Not only will I be getting around to telling more of my stories, but also my family's stories, because I know they will not put their own stuff up. Ever. My family and I have been very fortunate in the way of being followed by ghosts.

--

Let's start with one of my own stories. The earliest encounter with spirits and ghosts I remember is from the time when I was about 5 years old. My mom and dad had just separated, and my mom, sister, and I had just moved in with her boyfriend. My sister would have been about two. At my dad's house, I don't recall ever experiencing anything paranormal, at ALL. At this new house, however, that was going to change.

This house was only a two level - main floor and basement - and as such, there were not enough rooms on the main level for everyone staying in the house. Fortunately, there was a room in the basement. My mom got me a brand new bed, and did everything to make me feel like I wasn't being pushed aside when I was given the basement bedroom; my sister, being only 2, needed to be upstairs by my mom. This was fine by me, because I was excited to have a basement bedroom, and at the time, I'd thought nothing of it. I slept upstairs on my sister's top bunk until my bed arrived and was built, and when it was finally built, that was my first voyage into the basement. The instant I set foot on the top of those stairs leading to the basement, I could feel that something was not right.

I was suddenly terrified of being in the basement alone, terrified to sleep in my new bed, in my new room, and this annoyed my mom. The orbs I saw didn't start showing up for a couple nights. I would always try to sleep facing the wall, because my doorway scared me to no end. There was no door on it, and I felt as if I couldn't keep whatever was making me feel so terrified out of my room, which, looking back, I suppose is true. I was never touched, never tormented, but I felt unwanted in that basement, night or day.

One night, I couldn't fall asleep while facing the wall, so I turned over, on to my other side, and that was when I saw them - two white orbs with electric blue tails, racing their way across my doorframe. I had to blink a few times to make sure they weren't my imagination. I even bit my arm to make sure I was awake. I watched those orbs for hours, and finally, thoroughly terrified, I took off running upstairs, to the safety of my sister's bunk bed. I immediately fell asleep, completely calmed down.

Unfortunately, I would see these Orbs every night from then on, and I began to stop sleeping. Some nights, the Orbs would come in my room and dance around my bed, and, though they were pretty, I couldn't help but feel scared, unwanted, and as if it was a message to get out. The nights they came in my room were the nights I would go running upstairs to that oh-so-safe feeling bunk bed. And the next morning, my mom would always be mad at me, and say those lights were a dream, that I had imagined them, even if I showed her the bite marks I had put on my arm to prove I had, in fact, been awake.

My mom was near livid when she found me in my sister's bunk the next morning, and when I told her about the blue lights running across my door, she chalked it up to just a 5 year old with an over active imagination. I lasted in the basement all of 3 months, before I couldn't take it anymore. I stayed upstairs with my sister after that, and never went back into the basement, not even to get my toys to play with. I don't remember when we moved out, but I made my mom help me pack my stuff up. I would not leave her side the whole time.

The backyard of this house was beautiful, and I'm going to include this minor tale here, because it won't take up a whole page on its own. Anyway, this back yard was one of the first built in the community when it was its own town, and not swallowed by the big city a decade or two earlier. There was Ivy creeping up the fence, a beautiful weeping willow tree in the middle of the yard, and right up against the house, there was a stone fountain, sort of in a horseshoe shape. This fountain was no longer active, only about 4 feet squared, and about a foot deep. The bricks of it were covered in moss and mildew, just adding to the ancient look of this yard.

Needless to say, I loved that little fountain. But I hated the back yard in general, and I would NEVER go near that tree. Again, I would make my mom come outside with me at all times, or my little sister. Why? Because, out of the corner of my eyes when I was alone, I would see... Almost a white mist following me. I got the same feeling from that mist as I did those orbs. And, of course, when I brought it up to mom, it was "It's just fog," when there was no 'fog' in the rest of the yard. It was me "craving attention", because there was no one my age to play with in the neighborhood.

Personally, though I love my mother dearly and she *now* believes in everything from ghosts to my Tarot readings (If I remember correctly, a psychic doing a palm reading changed her mind about the whole thing), she was a skeptic at the time, and was full of it when she said it was my imagination. A 5 year old child just starting in Kindergarten does NOT imagine the kind of terror I felt in that basement.

I was too little to know that these spirits may have wanted my help with something, but looking back, I'm pretty sure they did. Maybe something of theirs was buried in the yard - a necklace, a ring. My mom never owned any antiques, so they couldn't have been attached to anything of that sort. I don't know, and looking back, I wish they hadn't tried to scare me away, so that I could have helped them. Or, maybe they were just peeved because someone was living in their house. I don't think I'll ever know.

Other hauntings by Pendragon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pendragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
i guess you could also consider me a chicken I won't go and investigate a source unless someone else is with me and when I hear something or see something I freeze for a few seconds and then I try to rationalize but yes I am a chicken but I love the feild and I still want to do mini investigations around the very small town I live in I mean so small the population number is so low we don't have a mayor.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Emerald, when I'm the only one home, at my house with Fred, I can barely go in the basement on my own to get anything. I am, in fact, in my parents room, with the door locked. Even though that won't stop a ghost, lol.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Hey I'm a chicken too! Haha, I get scared stiff whenever I see something or hear it. I'm more of a chicken then you haha:P I can't be by myself or I'll flip or sit in the laundry with the dogs and will not come out at all when I'm home alone haha Even when my lifeline aka phone dies on me. *sobs* haha
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
No, lol. I moved out of that house ages ago. I would like to go back and check it out, but I'm a chicken, lol.
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
So you never go into the basement now? I mean of course you don't sleep there anymore but do you still go there to do something?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
I saw them every night for 3 months. Pretty sure they weren't anything normal, lol. I would see them until I finally chickened out and ran upstairs to my sister's room.
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Yea dust particles in a camera are grayish... Anyways how long did they stay seen. And blue tails and bright white bodies mean they are definitely paranormal.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
They were weird orbs - the orbs themselves were white, and the tails were blue. They most definitely could not be dust particles, as I did not see them through a camera of any kind, but with my own two eyes. And the fact that the same two orbs did the same things every night.

AND Dust particles don't have color to them. Orbs do. Well, at least from what I've seen and read.
AmatuerGhostHunter825 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
Well written, awesome story. Did you say those orbs had blue lit tails? I have seen a lot of orbs-some came out to be dust particls, others were not though,-and I have never seen a blue lit tail one before. Can you maybe explain them a little more?
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Aw wish you lived closer my way, I'd go with you:)

I tried one once in a grave yard but I only caught one thing. My sister recorded over it -.- I was not impressed.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
There is a little bit of desire to go back and see who's living there now, but there's also the part of me that doesn't, for fear of being chased out of the house by thorse orbs, haha. I'm such a chicken. I much prefer my Fred, I think. Hell - I'm even too chicken to try and EVP with Fred!

Maybe if I can get over my parinoia of graveyards, I'll take one of my skeptic friends out to one, and make her do an EVP with me or something.

I doubt Fred will talk on an EVP.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Very interesting! It really is too bad they scared you off, I would be interested to know exactly what was going on. You know the who and the way. Any desire to go back to the old house and see who's living there now?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Oh, and I forgot to address this one - Faerie - yes, they do still try to contact me. I have one in my basement at my current house, and I call him Fred. He's mischevious, entertaining, and much nicer-seeming than those ones in my old house. I've also seen/encountered some in a historical site in my city, and I've also seen shadows in a few houses of family and friends. I also get the most rediculously accurate premonitions and I'm weirdly accurate in my Tarot Card readings. One of my theories is that this is from a past incarnation.

I also feel that some spirits follow me to and fro, but those two feel more like guardians than anything else, and have saved my sorry be-hind on more than one occasion. 😉

Thanks,
Penny ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Eep! Responses! Let's tackle these in order:

Reneespring - Thank you for the compliments! And yeah - it was too bad my mom didn't believe me, and it's one of my biggest complaints about parents, is that they never believe their children. I did eventually get to stay in the top bunk, but it took about a month for her to give up on getting mad at me. Ah well.

BrandonCR - Thank you for your compliments as well! Good to know that I wasn't completely crazy, and that others experianced things just like this as well. And yikes! I'm glad I was not possessed by my two orbs. I do have one other story up, if you're interested, and I hope to be putting some of my other family member's stories up in the near future, so keep looking!

Faerielike - I had thought about that too, that I was just scared, but it was such a feeling of malice that I felt in that basement that, really, my encounters are the only things that stuck out at that house, and that's all I remember from that house when I was that little. I forgot to write that I didn't/do not move around in my sleep, and yet, once, I woke up with bruises on my legs that looked like fingers. I don't know - perhaps you are right, but I could not be down there alone. 😆

Thank you all for your feedback, and I look forward to more responses!

Penny ❤
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Maybe they weren't trying to scare you. Maybe because you could sense them, they were over zealous, which is frightening for kids from living people, let alone eager spirits. Just a thought. Such a young kid would be scared of something their parents denied. My mother encouraged me to talk to what haunted us, and it made me less frightened at such a young age.
Do spirits still try to contact you?
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Good story, Reminds me a lot of my experience with an orb, Keep watching for my stories because I will write one about the orb soon. I have also been experiencing hauntings since I was young. I have done research on Orbs since my run-in with an orb, and they are almost always sentient from what I have gathered, and some say they have the ability to possess someone. Anywho, great story look forward to reading more.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Good story. Well written. Yeah, parents often think kids are just imagining things if they get scared... Too bad she didn't just let you sleep on the top bunk-after all, top bunks are made to be slept in and you were not taking up any space needed by somebody else by sleeping in the top bunk. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: