You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I'm Not As Scared Anymore

Real Ghost Stories

I'm Not As Scared Anymore

 

Thank you people for this wonderful website and for taking the time to read this story, Katherine is here to tell of what's been going on this past month or two. Lately, my belief in spirits has increased along with my faith to God. I don't go to Church to often being a lazy Christian-Catholic. I stay up at ungodly hours and crash in the morning, waking up at 4PM. My ability to sense ghosts has increased now being able to hear them. I'm not as scared as before and have grown used to the tappings and seeing shadows or feeling watched. I'm currently at my Grandparents who are strong Catholics and go to Church every Sunday, dragging me along. That's an update on what I've been doing but now onto my experiences.

My Grandmother arrived on my doorstep one early morning with my Cousin's wife and my second cousin, Lindy *not her real name*being a paranoid nervous wreck since of adjusting to knowing that spirits are real. I stared at her like a hopeless idiot that I know I can be. I hadn't slept right in days so I didn't know if what I was seeing was an illusion or something else. After maybe like fifteen minutes, I let them in and went to call my mom. A few hours later what I was experiencing had been passed around while my cousin's wife who we'll call Jane had taken me and Lindy to Sandy Lake Park. I was somehow forced into going with them and stay there for awhile.

After I had arrived in El Paso I didn't take notice that something was watching me but maybe after a week or so of settling in, I was scared off of my chair because of a whisper. My Grandmother's back was turned answering a call and I was licking at an ice cream when out of nowhere I heard a man whisper something in my ear which scared me and my Grandmother was hanging up and ran over to her. Since she doesn't understand English much all I could do was cry and point.

At night I get strange dreams and sometimes I feel like something is comforting me like someone touches my hand. There was one time I was downloading music or something. My earphones were in my ears but they weren't playing music, out of nowhere I heard someone scream. I didn't take notice since it was faint but it screamed again and it was closer. I yanked out my earphones and looked at my Grandma who didn't seem to have noticed anything. That night I prayed for that tortured soul to be at peace. I got good dreams that night. The activity has ceased a bit but there is a ghost that I don't like at all which is in the bathroom of all places. I want to see if any of the spirits will answer me if I go ahead and do automatic writing, as in writing a message on a piece of paper and leaving it with a pencil at night. What do you people think? Oh to those people who remember my last story, That ghost left and in its place came a shadow person that I call Jamie who is kind of cranky but has never hurt me though tortured me with nerve wrecking tapping's that would make me scared stiff when they occurred. He never hurt me but wanted my attention possibly.

On the fourth of July I had saw the figure of a man on the side of my house after the fireworks had stopped. Being really scared after seeing him twice, I ran inside and when my parents had coming shortly after that I had told them what I saw. Then that night I refused to sleep in my room but was forced to but agreed when my dad agreed to sleep in my room with me. I see him move around in dark corners and he just wanders around, stares at me then walks off. I'm a complete chicken but whenever my dad goes to take a shower I go outside being too frightened to stay in the living room. Now at my Grandmother's house I have gotten better, probably more than better when I hear noises I don't think much of it at all, only acknowledging it. Even today I heard a voice and I swear it said "Hi" when I get back I think I'll go ahead and say hello. Any comments or advice is welcome and thanks for reading my story, Katherine aka Emerald Angel

Other hauntings by EmeraldAngel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmeraldAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Oh haha... Yea I kind of got off track from what you were saying but yea I always try my best to not think that every little tap I hear is a ghost. I know that and badjuujuu you are in no way rude. You are just trying to help to keep me from thinking that every tap I hear won't be like this, *something taps* best friend:What was that? Me: huh? Oh its my ghost *friend slowly inches away thinking I'm losing it, something like that haha. I understand and know to keep my mind open to such things. Thanks again, Katherine.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I guess I didn't make my point very well. I wasn't saying your tapping incident was dogs. I was pointing out that mine was, and if I hadn't looked for a rational explanation, I would have thought it was a ghost. I was trying to use that as an example, to try to explain that some odd things do have rational, non-ghostly causes. I wanted to tell you, in as nice a way as I could, to beware of the power of suggestion. I just wanted to try to tell you to avoid that better than I did.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
haha thanks for the comments everyone. Lately I've been waking up at weird hours and sometimes hear breathing. I try to calm down rationalizing its my 5 year old cousin who thrashes around in his sleep.*I have to share a bed with him and it sucks* he kicks me awake and I lightly nudge him back and try to go to sleep to hear tappings in the walls and hear another whispered hi which in my mind I say hi and request if he'll retreat so I can rest in peace. The tappings stop and I begin to finally relax until I feel my cousin start hugging my waist and I just try my best to ignore. Oh and to Badjuujuu my gma's dogs are in the laundry room which is quit far from where I sleep. And they don't eat at night. As for when I'm to return to my house in less then a week for my grandparents nosiness and snitching for everything I do. I hope that this week will go by fast. My grandparents are very touchy and like to nose there way into my business. It causes me to become paranoid and touchy as well*my family is horrible at times*Katherine
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Glad to see you are overcoming the fear. 😁
I have a couple of thoughts, and I hope those thoughts come across they way I intend. If it sounds less than nice, I apologize, it isn't meant in a rude way.
If you think you could get answers by leaving out a piece of paper and a pencil, you could try it. That isn't technically automatic writing, but I'm not going to explain what automatic writing actually is either. I don't want to give you any ideas of something risky.
Now, one of the things that can happen to those of us who believe in ghosts is that we tend to attribute everything to a ghostly influence. Once we have reason to believe, it can be tough to keep looking for rational explanations for things. I know I have done that. I don't want you to do what I've done, and end up feeling like a big doofus. Always try to find a rational explanation.
Remember that the human mind will try to find order in disorder. It's called matrixing. We see a jumble of something, say shadows on a wall, and we start picking out faces and pictures from the chaos. We hear white noise or other chaotic noise, our minds try to find words in the sound. Sometimes there is really something there, most times we are just matrixing order. It's just the way the human brain is wired.
If you can rule out any normal explanations for things, you are pretty much left with a paranormal explanation. Always seek the normal first. Nothing sucks more than finding out a "ghost" tapping your wall for attention was really just your dog having fun smacking his food dish on the other side of the wall. (Happened here. I felt like an idiot.)
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I am glad to see you have finally overcame your fears with Jamie.
I never sensed that he was evil in the first place.
Great story.

And please know that not going to church does not mean that you are lazy ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
Aw! It seems like this shadow person likes you! Maybe he's a guide of some sort, or maybe he just needs some help. Your shadow guy seems a lot like my Fred (the nosey spirit in my basement), in the fact that he wants a friend, and wants to communicate. If he's saying hi to you, he doesn't want to hurt you, I think, he just wants to chat.

I'd say go for it with the pencil and paper. I've done that for Fred, but no such luck. 😕 Ah well. My next step for Fred is an EVP. Maybe you shopuld try one as well?

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: