You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: My Infamous Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

My Infamous Bathroom

 

I'm not sure if you have read any of my previous posts or not, but here's a new story. I haven't hadn't anything too out of the ordinary happen in my house lately, just the occasional footsteps and whatnot. However, this time I'm not sure there is any mistaking what happened.

I went to sleep around 1 AM - which is about 5 hours earlier than I normally go to sleep- and woke up around 6:10AM. (I knew what time it was because I looked at my phone) My door was slightly cracked open - about half a foot - so my cat could get in and out of my room. Since I've lived in this house the better part of thirteen years, I know exactly what footsteps sound like going up and down my hallway, even though my hallway is carpeted. (When I was younger and up later than I should have been I could always tell exactly when to pretend to be sleeping because I could hear my parents' footsteps coming down the hallway)

My hallway is sort of long (my sisters friends used to call it the Green Mile) and it is very dark. My friends tell me all the time that they don't want to be alone in my hallway. Back to the story, I didn't hear any footsteps leading up to the bathroom, which is right across from my room. Then the light just turned on. I absolutely hate it when the bathroom light streams into my room. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I assumed it was my sister, but there was absolutely no noise at all made. (My sister stumbles a lot... And she ALWAYS closes the bathroom door.) I waited for about five minutes, then the bathroom light finally turned off. Again, I heard no footsteps leading away from the bathroom in any direction.

I texted my sister and asked if she was still awake. I heard her room door open, and her stumbling down the hallway to my room. I asked her if she was in the bathroom about ten minutes ago and she said she wasn't. (Also note, I would have heard her room door open and heard her tv.) Then, I asked my parents if they had been in my bathroom at all that morning and they said no. My mom was still sleeping, and my dad had been in his room getting ready for work.

That's pretty much all I have... Any feedback would be nice

Other hauntings by MickeyMalice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MickeyMalice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fernowky (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
ok...weird yo shoud have checked it out when it turned on. Anyways hope you find out what it is. 😉
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Giving names to entities is always fun. I named the demon in my house Lady Gaga, and I actually think he likes it. It also makes him less terrifying.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Something similar happened to my son. He was 8 years old at the time, and I was witness to this: He and I (and my oldest son) live with my grandfather in a house that was built some time in the 40s. Both my mother & grandmother died in this house, and possibly, members of the family who lived here before grandaddy bought the house. Oh, and I should also mention the house has those old light switches that are very loud when you flip them.

Anyway...

Both of my sons and I were in my bedroom one day. (Grandaddy was gone at the time) when my youngest son Charles, opened the bedroom door to go to the bathroom directly across the hall. It was then, that right in front of our eyes, that the bathroom light switch flipped on with a loud "CLICK!" 😲 😲

To this day, we haven't been able to explain how that heavy light switch clicked on all by itself. But it did! 😐

This is just one of MANY things that have happened in this house. There's always a strange vibe here. It's very un-nerving.:/
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
I think its a ghost but its not a strong kind of ghost to show itself... Sounds like its curious

Taylor ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
I don't know. Fred's been ridiculous.

But no, I stand by what I said (I'm going to stop Emerald from spamming your page about my Fred; She can go pollute my pages for that) - Your ghost wants some love and some attention, and that's really about it. Fred's more tame when I walk in the house and yell, "HI FRED!" Or when I tell him good-night before I go to bed. He loves the attention, loves to be recognized. Maybe give him a name, like bob? Talking to the entity couldn't hurt, but please - no Ouija boards. Too many people do it wrong and just make their situations worse.

Penny ❤
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Nice Penny, and what's up with opening up the garbage cans? Is he a dog now, haha. Both Penny and Mickey better keep us posted, Fred is AWESOME! Now excuse me while I go poke my ghost brother, Johnny boy, for poking me and laughing cause he scared the crap outta me.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Nice Penny, and what's up with opening up the garbage cans? Is he a dog now, haha. Both Penny and Mickey better keep us posted, Fred is AWESOME!
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
lol Penny you're ghost sounds like a laugh!
As funny as the ghost would find it id probably run away for the night myself! 😆
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
That is weird huH! Is that the only time it has happend? I don't think I have read you're other stories I might go check them out now!
😊 Keep us posted!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
The ghost in my basement has done that to me. Drives me bonkers, gives me the chills, and makes me leave the house for the night so that I don't have to be scared. Note: My ghost is nice, just really curious and mischievous. The cheeky bugger.

Ghosts do those things for attention, like saying, "I'M HERE! NOTICE ME, PUNY HUMAN!". They're really quite harmless. Most of the time... Kinda. My Fred opens up the Garbage cans, too, lol.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: