You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Oh My God

Real Ghost Stories

Oh My God

 

My name is Amy. I don't know if this was a ghost or spirit in my apartment, or what it could have been. It was about 10:00 a.m. An ordinary day like any other. I lived in Laguna Vista, Texas at the time. I got up early to give my baby daughter a bottle; she was about 2 months old. I always gave her a bottle and placed her in her baby carrier in front of the TV in the living room next to the coffee table every morning since the noise from the TV kept her calm and entertained. I went to the kitchen to wash dishes and there was a counter so I could see straight to the living room. As I was washing dishes I heard a very, very loud bang and glass break, it scared me the first thing in my head was Oh my God my baby. I ran around to the living room to get my baby and saw the thick glass fruit dish I had on the coffee table had just exploded in lots of pieces all around the table and floor and I didn't see my daughter there where I thought I had left her as I did every day. What I saw was all these pieces of glass which would have fell on her and hurt her.

I looked over to the counter behind the couch and my baby girl was in her bassinet perfectly fine just a bit startled. That's when I realized I left her in the Bassinet that day; I didn't put her in the baby carrier like I always did. I don't know why I didn't place her by the coffee table that day but I'm glad I didn't.

I can't explain why the glass dish would explode like that by itself; there was no one in the apartment but me and my daughter. There was no remodeling or anything unusual outside. My question is how can something just explode like that, and the very day I, for some reason don't place my daughter by the coffee table? Could it of been an angry ghost?

About a week later I was watching TV on the couch feeding my baby and I saw something that looked like a black snake slithered behind the entertainment center around to the sliding doors behind the drapes, I quickly called the front office and they sent a maintenance person to check it out, he checked out the whole apartment and found nothing.

Could I have imagined it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amiechococat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
i would catagorize this as unexplainable activity we can't approve or deny that their is a paranormal haunting or just a natraul occurance.
amiechococat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Thanks for your thoughts, yes by baby's doing great, sorry I didn't mention this story was 17 years ago. I do believe my apt was haunted because a lot of strange things started happening in the months to come. That's a whole other story I will share with you soon. My sister met someone by coincidence at her job one day last year and noticed the address right away, (same apt. Where I lived in) she asked the person if anythng strange ever happened in the apartment, he replied yes, that his wife has been experiencing wierd things and has asked him to move but he didn't believe her, my sister told him what we expierienced there, he was freaked out and said he was going to move out right away because he also had a baby. He regreted not believing his wife... Whatever it is, I believe is still there.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Glass is like that. It can take a hundred and fifty taps and it'll stay together, but eventually the 'camel's straw' occurs, whether it be a slight change in temperature or a light tap, and BLAMMO!

Mother's intuition I'd say.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Thank God your baby was not hurt. I don't think I can come with an explantion for something to just explode like that out of nowhere, unless it was under extreme heat and pressure. It could have been your mother's intuition, or something guided you into placing her out of harms way that morning. That black snake thing you saw does not sound good at all. I'm glad you and your daughter do not live there anymore and are safe. Take Care 😊 ❤
IDontLikeBimbos (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
The black snake sounds weird... Snakes are usually the animal to represent lying, manipulation, greed, etc. It may be a dangerous thing... If anything happens again I would get out of there, especially for the safety of your child.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
HI Amy SO GLAD THAT YOUR BABY DIDNT GET hurt, god is for sure looking after the baby and you, it sounds very odd for a glass to smash the way it did any other weird things happen, I also pray to god to place angels around the bed for protection. Cheers di

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: