You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My School Their Yard

Real Ghost Stories

My School Their Yard

 

When I was younger we lived on an island, and a paranormal story is common among locals. When I was in elementary school, we had girl and boy scouts' camping weekend. We always stayed on the school grounds for the weekend; camping. Our school was a good location for camping because we had a huge "plaza" where we set up tents and our school was located by the sea; our camping activities were mostly held on the beach. At night, we would see a lot of fireflies on the big old trees around the campus. The locals say that a tree with fireflies means that that tree has a resident entity (the fireflies are there lights) and you should not disturb them.

I remember one particular night it was too cold to sleep in the tents and for the Girls Scout's Master's feared that we might catch cold if we slept outside that night. So we slept in the quarters to our classrooms. There were only two rooms that we were allowed to use, the Grade 5 classroom and the other was the home economics building. The girls were divided into 3 clusters, 2 occupied the HE building since it was much bigger. Our group occupied the Grade 5 room which was located in another building. It was 11 before we settled to sleep and we had to wake up at 3:30 for the activities. Our group had a good night sleep then compared to the rest of the groups, who slept little or none.

Our cluster woke up at 3 AM being excited about the activities ahead. We were going to do a dawn rosary along the beach. Being the cluster leader, it was my job to go to the HE building and check if they were awake. I had a classmate with me. When we arrived all of them were awake, but not ready. We asked them why they were not ready or excited. That's when they told us what happened.

All of them were sleeping when one of the campers heard someone sobbing, she looked around because the lights were on and saw no one, she quickly woke the other girls but the sobbing stopped. They did not believe her and so she forced herself to get back to her mat. The scout master who was with them was sleeping alone on a sofa. She said between 12:30-1:00 AM she was awoken by the sound of someone sobbing. She checked to see if someone was still up but no one was. She was bothered by that knowing that if it was one of the students, she must assist that kid because all the students in the camp are their responsibility. She woke the cluster leaders to do a headcount making sure that everyone is in the room.

Upon knowing what happened, one of the cluster leaders woke the girl who first heard the sobbing. They were puzzled with what happened. If the one sobbing is outside the building they won't hear it in the room where they were sleeping. They checked the entire HE building and no one else was there.

After the weekend, the teachers told the principal what had happened, and the principal said that she also heard the sobbing; usually during noon break (she had her office in that building). And she shared some weird experiences in that building then. One time she heard someone taking a shower in the bathroom (the building was designed to look like a real house since it's for HE, except for the test papers in there.) When she came in to check no one was in the bathroom, and its dry showing no one took a bath in there. And there were little things missing and found in the most unlikely places like one time

I asked my grandmother what lies in our school premises (During late afternoons she always go to the seashore and pick shells but instead of going through the school for a short cut she uses a long way around). She told me of this tragedy. She told me that years ago when I was 2-3 years old there was a strong typhoon that hit our region and one of our neighboring cities suffered the worst of it. They suffered from deep floods (it was one of the worst in our country's history just like when Ketsana hit the other year). According to my granny after the storm, dead bodies came up on our shores; they were rotten and decayed so the locals just buried them in a vacant area within the school premises. When I was in elementary that spot became our vegetable garden (And did I say that this garden is just beside the HE building? Well, it is.).

I verified the story with my parents; they said it was true, in fact my father helped in burying them.

Thank you so much for letting me convey this story. Happy reading everyone.

Other hauntings by x10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Wow that would be really scary! If I was sleeping in that room I would prob freak out!

Taylor ❤
elmolover99 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy story pleaseeeeeee read mine they are the unknown man and toilet girl
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
They people want revenge for not recive a proper burial and will kill everyone in the town. 😉

No it is most likely a trapped soul that can't move on.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
x10,
Since your profile states you are 20-ish, and the storm that killed these people was when you were 2 or 3, and the school was one you attended just a few years later; it was obviously already there when the bodies were buried next to it? I have never been to the Phillipines, and presume it is a tropical setting where not much land is cleared and would provide a site appropriate for a mass grave? I just find it hard to believe that not only would they bury rotting corpses in a schoolyard, but they would also allow the school to desecrate such sacred ground to plant vegetables...

Lou
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
What an awful thing to happen! You would think that they would erect a memorial or something, on the spot these poor lost souls are buried! I hope they find peace! ❤
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-01)
thank you all for reading... Hopefully after so long they already rest in peace...
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
Good story 😊 Tragic history but its obviously the reason for the sobbing and odd events. Quite spooky having a burial site like that just outside the classroom 😨 I hope those poor spirits find peace ❤
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
nice story there, in the Philippines we sure hold enormous story about elementary schools ghost stories. Looking forward to hear more from you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: