You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Graveyard Adventures In A Jewish Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Graveyard Adventures In A Jewish Cemetery

 

About a year ago I visited my first graveyard with my two best friends. It was my friend's birthday and she lived down the street of a Jewish cemetery. The cemetery is divided into two sections. One section is gated and usually locked at night. The other section is way smaller and the gate is usually opened most the time. We decided to spend her birthday in the cemetery and at the stroke of midnight we all wished her a happy birthday (although I screamed. Since this was my first time at a cemetery I almost expected the whole truck we were sitting in the back of to rock). Nothing out of the ordinary happened that night.

Around the end of April this year, a guy violated a grave at the same cemetery. He was reportedly disturbed mentally and dug up the grave of a woman and severed her foot with a hatchet. That same night he went to the police department and showed them the foot. The police went to the cemetery and arrested the boy. (This happened in the Pleasant Grove area of Dallas Texas, in case anyone wanted to read up on it).

2-3 weeks after the incident above happened; my friend and I went to the smaller section of the cemetery with an Ouija board. Of course it was at night and we were too frightened to get out of my car so we used the board inside my car. I forgot what the board said the name of the spirit was that we were communicating with, but I remember it claimed to be female and to have died in the 1940's (which is accurate with the dates on the tombstones). It seemed when I asked the questions it would answer clearly, but when my friend asked it would just give us gibberish. So I asked if it did not like my friend and the board said "Yes". When I asked if it liked me it said "Yes". My friend thought that maybe it was because (at the time) I was a Christian and went to church and she was not a religious person. So I asked the board if it did not like my friend because she was not religious and it said "yes". We said goodbye and decided to try to get another spirit to talk. I was the same person so we said goodbye and left for the night. This was my second time ever visiting a graveyard and also my second time using an Ouija board.

A week later (at night again) we returned to the cemetery without the board and decided to try some evp work and to see if we could find the tombstone of that woman whose grave was disturbed. (We think the grave of the woman is in the other section since there was no sign of a freshly dug grave). We walked around the tombstones asking questions and looking for the disturbed grave. At one point I asked if there was anyone who wanted to show us their tombstone. A few minutes after that we decided to leave. On my way back to the car I had a sudden feeling that I should look at the tombstone I was walking by. Wouldn't you know after we spent all that time looking for the girl's grave we found two tombstones with her family's name on them. We returned to my friend's house and listened to the voice recordings. We captured someone saying "Hello".

We went back a week later, this time while there was still light outside and decided we should go down this little cleared out area in the woods behind the cemetery. My friend said she just felt like this was an area that some cultist might have done some stuff. We didn't go too far because the whole clearing was just creepy looking and felt almost threatening. We did some evp work in that area. We wanted to go to the back area of the clearing, and it felt like something wanted us to, but we used our common sense and decided it was best to leave now. We checked the evp and we caught a growling noise on it which scared us both because it was so clear and yet we didn't hear it at the time.

It was June at the time now and I just had this urge to go visit the cemetery again and to bring flowers. So I sent my friend a text and asked her if she wanted to come with me. She agreed and we went and placed the flowers in the middle of the walkway in the cemetery. When we got back to my car my door shut itself (which could be explained by maybe the angle of my car or whatever, just take it how you want to perceive it). Right when I pulled out of the cemetery gates my mother called me. She asked me if this was a good time to talk because she just learned a family secret. She told me to brace myself. Apparently my Great Great (or something like that) grandmother was hiding a secret from the family and it wasn't until after she was dead that we found out. It appears my family is Jewish, not only that but Russian Jews (supposedly there is a difference). This was a huge shock to me (for reasons I shall not name for the sake of everyone's comfort level, and no, I'm not a "hater" I just had strange views).

My friend and I decided that when we had used the Ouija board and it said it did not like her but liked me, it was because I am Jewish by blood.

We went back the next evening. Usually the cemetery felt so peaceful and friendly, but this time it just felt so horrible and again threatening like it felt in the clearing, but much worse.

I have visited the cemetery pretty often since then, sometimes by myself and other times with my friend. Last month I had another sudden urge that told me to visit. When I got there the place was in serious need of some care taking. The grass and weeds were getting so tall that it was ridiculous and the bushes were in serious need of some tender love and care. I think maybe the spirits there were upset and thus wanted me to see and perhaps do something about it.

I haven't experienced that threatening feeling since that last time and I have made plenty of visits. I have no idea what would cause such an intense feeling.

It certainly is an unforgettable memory for me. What a way to discover a family secret hah.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fuzzysocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

swagkid (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
your a very strange person... Like really who just randomly visits cemeteries with their friends for fun... 😐 although then again I guess the guy who dug up a grave stole a foot and turned it into the police is weirder 😆 😜
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
I know this story was posted some time ago but I really wanted to comment on it. First of all let me tell you OMGDS I'm also from Texas and have lived in Pleasant Grove for years... I can't believe me being all into the paranormal/cementeries and all, did not hear about the grave incident... That's crazy. Anyways Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was a really good read. Its very strange though how the spirit new your jewish background... I wonder how is that possible! And also, I wonder where this cementery is located. I frequent one also in pleasant grove on Murdock drive but I do not think its the one your're talking about.

Ok well take care and
May God be with you. ❤
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-31)
i loved reading this! Very interesting. Odd how the woman knew you were jewish 😨 It does seem like the spirits have taken to you! 😊 I hope you take care using the ouija board and I'm glad you acknowledge common sense when you feel threatened.
Im sure your visits are much appreciated!
Love to hear more
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
That is a pretty crazy story, it does explain why the board worked for you and not your friend. It's also pretty ironic that you found out about your heritage while still at the cemetary. Out of ALL the places to be when you discovered that...lol
I kind of tripped out on the title of your story, because I live in southern California, around the corner from a tiny Jewish cemetary. I thought at first that maybe I was reading a neighbor's story, until I saw that you're from Texas. As a matter of fact, the cemetary by my house was also vandalized, about 10 years ago, by a group of skinheads. They did about $20,000 worth of damage, and ever since, the gate has been kept locked, with barbed wire around the top.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-30)
Thats kind of you to take care of the cemetary when no one else will, take care, Katherine.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: