You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hatman Shadow Being

Real Ghost Stories

Hatman Shadow Being

 

Now I usually never have had any paranormal activity very much in my life but this moment in my life was really really creepy. Now at the time of this even I was 15, it was the summer of 2009 in Leesburg Georgia, 108 Foxchase Court 31763. Now I posted that in this article because I do not live there anymore. I thankfully moved back to where I am from Pennsylvania. Now what I am about to tell you is 100% true and is not being made up.

Now during the summer of 2009 I seemed to have been being watched by this really dark shadow by my bed. He didn't really move much and just stood there staring. No facial features, but he did wear a fedora hat. The presence of the room was so eerie and indescribable. It felt so evil and scary. I just wanted it to go away. Now it knew that I saw it because I had a horrified look on my face. So either it started doing things in my room or it was my mind playing tricks on me. The walls leading to me started to become wrapped up in either shadowed tree roots or vines. I then blinked and the vines disappeared. I then looked up at the ceiling to see a pair of two big red eyes. I then blinked and the eyes vanished. This shadow was still there. I then turned on my TV which emitted enough light for me to see to that part of the room and it vanished. It seems as if light makes it disappear. After turning on my TV I turned on my light in my room so that it was extra light. I still felt as if it was there. Maybe not visible now, but it was definitely still watching me. I then went to sleep.

I was woken by the feeling of a cat sized animal leap on my bed. I was thinking to myself, oh I didn't know my cat was in here. Then I remembered he wasn't and then sprang out of my bed breathing heavily. The cat only jumped on my bed twice to memory but the Shadow would haunt me for the summer, and pretty much seemed like it would bother me the most when I was out of school. I also felt the most depressed at these times, because in Georgia I rarely left my house to hang out with people since I didn't know them very well. In a somewhat unrelated note. I would hear this female cry in our central air vents. My mother has also heard the crying, and came to ask me if I was crying, I replied no, but she didn't believe me. She thought I was trying to hide the fact of crying. On another occasion I asked her if she was crying and she also replied no.

Now does anyone have any idea why this thing decided to bother me there, but not here?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Inferno, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

spookysearch (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-28)
Hi Inferno,

I'm doing research on paranormal encounters for a new TV show. Would you be interested in sharing more information about your experience? Please drop me a line at spookysearch [at] gmail.com. Thanks!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I guess I will not add a link about Shadow People... Someone beat me to it. 😊 Many a Shadow Person seems to wear a head covering of some sort.
A shadow being is NOT necessarily evil. Just because they are dark figures, do not straight up LOOK like a person (they look more like shadows), and seem to bring along fear (purely a learned experience. Look at all the horror shows that depict a malicious entity AS a shadow...) does NOT mean that they are a Jinn, demon or other terrible being.
It simply means that they do not have enough energy to materialise fully.
I must say, my seventeen year old, who does not spend too much time with the neighbors as we moved in the middle of last school year, and she stays a few cities away to attend school, tends to have more experiences while she is out of school (more time for someone to get her attention). She is a bit "low" emotionally as she does not have someone to hang out with in THIS neighbor hood (NOT related to sightings, but directly related to not having peers to hang out with). They would appear to be related, but the causes are individual issues.
When we are more busy, we tend to notice our visitors a lot less.
Wa-do.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
I can somewhat relate if you read my stories.
But it makes me wonder if we as humans are just being tricked because we can't see as well in the dark and we think we sense things, but we don't.
I'm not saying I don't believe you, it just makes me wonder.
LittleZebra (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
Emeraldangel, shadow people/hat men are Jinn, who live for several hundreds of years at a time. I didn't know this untiil a recent (July 20, 2010) Coast to Coast interview.

When you know he's nearby or just after a "sighting", ask him his name and ask him to tell you about himself.

My Jinn, a man named Aern who speaks in an Irish accent (I'll post my experience soon) had a family - a beautiful blond haired wife (Mary), and two kids - a son (Joe) and a daughter.

Some Jinn are malicious and some are benign. I'm glad that Aern is benign.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
wabby (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
dude I seriously think youre making shiat up... And there's people here wanting real answers... This is really juvenile...
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
It's fine that you believe yours is evil; re-reading your story, I get that sense too. However, I've seen the ghost that lives with me in my basement as a shadow person a couple times how, and He's not evil, just really weird. Granted I get creeped out, but it's more just my body reacting. My gut doesn't tell me he's evil.

But the reason I had asked was because I've seen you post on other people's stories about how all shadow people are evil, regardless of what they think. Yours may be, and theirs may not be. I know mine's not.

Could we please do me one favour and not assume that all shadow people are evil? Some just like company, and some just want help moving on. Yours is like a weird stalker or something...

Penny ❤
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
which is exactly why I believe this particular one is evil Taylor.
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
It sounds like its not good but I may be wrong because seeing the red eyes on your ceiling reminds me of the devil but its just me.

Taylor ❤
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
My gut instinct tells me not to trust them. I'm going with my instinct. Not all are evil, but I believe this one is.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Inferno - if you already read what he wrote, then why do you continue to assume all shadow people are evil? There is more than enough evidence to say that they are not, in fact, evil.
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Darkness I seen that you posted this same comment on other shadow figure videos so I already read this. Thanks.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Okay this will probably be the 7th story I have read regarding shadow people wearing a hat. I'm going to attach a link that Whitebuffalo provided some time ago this gives a good description as to what you might be seeing and also mentions them wearing a hat of some sort I believe.

Http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=97317

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
I'm going to start by saying that shadow people are NOT demons, they are NOT out to possess you. They are spirits that can not fully manifest themselves into a full form. For everyone that keeps saying, "OMG DEMONS!11!ONE!", please go read the front page for some clarification as towhat they can be, and take your religious shenanigins elsewhere, please.

Anyway, feelings of dread and terror, with a lot of shadow people, is actually our own emotions, not something being projected from the spirit. I have a spirit in my basement, and he's harmless, but I still get that "creeped out" feeling when I'm down there alone, and I have a light shining on me, even when I sleep. A feeling of terror is natural for humans experiancing the paranormal.

Good for you for the fact that you moved away. Had you stayed there, and continued to be frightened by your uninvited guest, it could lead you to REALLY being paranoid.

As for the things you're seeing in this house, it could be your imagination, or it could be that, reliving this account for us, opened up your third eye, and has allowed you to see things most can't.

On a lighter note, I started reading this, and Smooth Criminal by MJ came on my iPod. I laughed. I really did. I thought it seemed fitting. 😉

Penny ❤
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Unfortunately I think since I've been thinking and talking about it, I have become paranoid. I keep thinking I see things out of the corner of my eyes and the dark. I did see an orb in my house once, it spun in a circle before going over to my washing machine and vanished. It was as me and my sister were talking about here ghostly experiences haha.
Drannac (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
I think that the entity has not followed you to your new home because the room was the problem. It may have wanted you to leave the room, or even the house. The crying could be the entity expressing it's emotions through sound, or immitating previous sounds. The house was probably the problem if you are not experiencing these things at your new home.

Hopefully this helped
Drannac
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Well if it was a good entity like I have experienced before it doesn't give a good vibe, it has a feeling of dread and terror. Thankfully it never talked to me, but I do remember when I was younger having dreams of shadow's or things I couldn't see speak to me in dreams with like a 10 voices at once kind of thing, a very creepy voice and the feeling of don't trust that voice. I don't know, but I was never asleep or half asleep when seeing the shadow, but was half asleep with the cat thing. I do know what sleep paralysis is it seems to be the case of shadow people or other ghostly sightings. Well thanks for the replies but I'm still going with my gut instinct of not trusting it.
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
I kind of agree with zzsgranny, it's possible it's just a "watcher". Which, I'd assume, if that were the case, they're not likely to actually hurt you. And you wouldn't really need to be scared of whatever or whoever they're getting info/keeping tabs for, since they're obviously too scared to go do it themselves. I don't really know what advise I can give you, I just wanted to agree with what zzsgranny said and give you advise based on that: Don't be afraid of something that is too afraid of you to actually try to make contact, clearly they can't do anything that could scare or cause harm to you, so they send someone else out for them to make you afraid. I don't know if I got out what I wanted to say clearly, but take what I said into consideration, the person behind the "watcher" is probably nothing to even worry about.

-Sar-osity. ❤
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
i saw him during the summer of 2009 too. You can read my story. I talk about it in there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Inferno: The shadow person you speak of is a common description given by hundreds to thousands of people... I evisioned this guy during many of my episodes of sleep paralysis...

I had a very in-depth conversation with one of the other posters on here about it... One of our theories is that this shadow is a watcher... He watches you for another entity, kind of like a someone paid to keep an eye on someone else's "property"...In my case, we theorized that he put me in a state of paralysis in order to gain information for the other entity... And though you get a really frightening vibe, he never makes any contact, except for his presence...

I doubt if any of this info helped you out 😆...But just wanted to throw some ideas into the mix... 😊
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Well intresting have you ever heard of sleep parylis I don't believe this is the case but you should check it out. But there is a possibilty of a deomonic haunting. The crying could have been a lure or maybe even an attempt to lower your guard.

I have not been tuned into yourghoststories latly so sorry for if my comment was not helpful.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
Well, if you were stressed back there then that if maybe the answer, shadow people aren't always bad and hide a lot when a light is on, you can call them shy of light but I don't see them as a threat, cause they don't have enough energy to manifest so they become shadow people. They can appear malice but that's just they're temper like my Jamie, he's a pissed off teen shadow person, I say don't dwell too much on your Mr. Fedora, he probly had issues when he was alive and was just pissed off that he was dead, hope this helped, I'm not much of a shadow person expert but I know not all them are bad and they've never hurt me, Katherine...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: