You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Friendly Ghosts And Not So Much

Real Ghost Stories

Friendly Ghosts And Not So Much

 

Since I was about two years old, I've had this one spirit come to me and I've seen her ever since. I'm fifteen now and I haven't been scared of her. I've talked to her in the past and we're good friends, it's the truth. She knows everything about me but I want to know what's gotten into her.

For the last week or so, she's been freaking out about my friends being over and if something in my room has been moved from where I put it. She's been throwing things when I've been asleep (I'm a sound sleeper, I don't wake up easily) and drawing on my walls but all it's doing is scaring my friends. I use to knock a rhythm on the wall closest to my bed and she'd repeat it on the other side of my room but now she'll only repeat it every now and then. I see her there and she's always pacing back and forth in my room, after a while she'll leave but come right back if I move from where I was sitting.

She's a sweet little girl and doesn't seem like she'd be out to get anybody. Sometimes I wonder if she even realizes that my friends are even there. Her name is Katherine, or at least, that's what I know her by. She looks almost exactly like me, dark brown hair and blue eyes, but she's only six or seven years old. Katherine always wears the same white dress and always smells like honey. The only thing that I can't figure out is why she calls me her sister. I'm the oldest (at least I think I am) and I only have a younger brother.

I'm the only one that sees her and I use to believe that my younger brother could since he would look right at her and ask who she is but when I went to answer, she'd give me this look that said 'Don't tell him, it's not safe.' Katherine is not the only one I've seen but she keeps saying "Don't talk to them, they're not too happy," so I'd just turn around and walk off because I could feel a whole lot of anger coming from them. They would keep coming back and we would sit and watch them walk around until they finally left for a bit then I'd walk to where they were. (Just don't ask, it wasn't the smartest thing I've done.) They were always black but I could feel them watching us as they walked about like they want something but don't/can't get any closer. I want to talk to them but Katherine keeps telling me not to. They keep coming closer, especially if Katherine isn't around at the moment, and I try to avoid them and ignore them all together but they just seem to want something. I'm not scared of them at all, more like annoyed, for they watch me every day and sometimes mess with things that are around me at that point in time.

I'm a religious person and I've tried praying out loud, I've even screamed at them that I believe in the father but they just seem to "laugh" (I really don't know how to describe it but they seem to laugh at me) and continue what they were doing. I just want to know why Katherine feels the need to protect me and why she's freaking out about small things that have nothing to do with her. Why must I not tell anybody about her? Why do these Shadow people keep coming to me and why don't they just leave me alone? I want to figure this out before it gets too out of hand with her and these black shadows that watch me so closely.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, puppys2love, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

blood2121 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
hey its been awile but I thank I found somthan that may help its an old Irish tradition: Paint your front door red. Spirits won't enter a home with a red door that's what it says
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Pendragon- possibly I'm also starting to question my sanity... I sometimes wonder if this is just my imagination at times...

Moni888- I'll keep everybody as updated as possible.

Whitebuffalo- I'm starting to think I should just tell them to leave me alone and go to the light.

Blood2121- Like I've said before, I can't tell her to go anywhere that she doesn't want to go.

Meshellsmells- I've been trying to find a way to go to church but everything is getting really busy and it's really hard. I believe in the power God and I will try your suggestion. Can you email me and tell me what discerning of spirits is, please? If you have it too, can you possibly help me? I just want to be able to finally go into my room and not have to worry about these things. Let me know please...

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and advice.
-Puppys2love
Meshellsmells (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Hi there 😳

If your religious then I would go to the church! Now I'm not saying that going to church makes you a good christian or even person but there's a lot of people there that would have had experience with this sought of thing.
My dads highly religious and sometimes when he talks to people about God they whither around on the ground like snakes... Or crazy people. He said one time he was talking to someone and the guy started rolling around on the ground and said "we know you" and said his last name (which he never told him). This was a complete stranger! Anyway Dad says that spirits are evil all of them, and that God wouldn't let them roam around the earth like that, only demons do that. Sometimes I believe this and other times I'm not so sure. In any way this should not be happening to you, it's unnatural, God isn't fear he's love. Maybe he's showing you these things (there's something called the gift of discerning of spirits apparently I have that also) or maybe your a victim of the spiritual taunting. Either way I theorize that they they mock you because you don't fully believe in the power of God. I take that from your wording as well (btw I'm not saying your a bad person or labeling you a no believer! I'm just giving one possible explanation, so sorry if that comes out wrong!)

So maybe next time they show up, you can yell out loud "in the name of Jesus Christ, go away. You have no right to be here I am a child of God and Jesus is my savior"
A bit dramatic I know, it's like something out of the exorcist lol but I wouldn't recommend it if didn't work for me. Seriously I hope this helps, the thing is we can't understand the whole of the spiritual world and why some people see their loved ones or why some people see and experience some really scary s**t (that last one is me) all I do is trust that God is here working in this world to help or even save us from dark and evil things.
I googled demons attack a while back (this is what happened to me but feel free to read my stories) and I found this http://www.logoschristian.org/stop/
Have a look and see if this helps, I might warn you that your friendly ghost might not come back, I hope this doesn't stop your quest for answers though or a chance of setting yourself free from these things (which I believe to be evil especially since they mocked you)
So good luck, let me know if it's helped I really do feel for you.
blood2121 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Tell her I got a friend to his name is lumbia and iwant to know if she knows him 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
I have not read any of the other comments yet, because I have a few questions of my own.
You say Katherine has been around you since you were two. Is that correct? What you actually said was that you have a Spirit that has come to you since you were two. I just want to make sure it was Katherine.
IF that is true, that would mean that you have known her for a total of thirteen years.
You have "shared" everything about YOUR life with HER, but you "...want to know what's gotten into her."
I will get back to that one.

Let us start out with this: Not all Shadow People are evil. Just because they only come across as a dark image does NOT mean that they were sent from The Evil One, himself. What it DOES mean is that they simply may not have enough energy to fully manifest. It is rather like when you do not have your dial radio exactly on the station. You know all that staticy interruption? That is pulling "energy" from the radio, or the intended station. No matter how it might like to try, the station itself could NOT come in ANY clearer than it is. Place it on the right numbers, and you get a clear sound.
Or image, in the case of Shadow People.
Or audio, also in the case of the Shadow People.
Which means that there are a LOT ghosts trying to get through to you for SOME reason.
In vast numbers, as they appear to be by how you wrote out the experience, ANY group of people can make one feel uncomfortable- when the person on the OUTSIDE of the crowd does not know them, or had never communicated WITH them. It is a natural emotion, I do not think there is much to do about THAT. It is just the human comfort zone.
I do not think you have to worry about them. I can not see any reason why (except that Katherine seems to control, or frighten them) I would not try to communicate and see what the Chiz is in the works? I am thinking THEY are who you need to speak with on why they are coming closer, NOT a second party who may, or may not taint the truth a mite to keep you to herself.
If this sort of thing has NEVER happened in the past... That should be a neon sign to you.

You could have two things (in truth, three things) that could be happening over there. One is that you have a very jealous friend on your hands, who does not want to share you with anyone. You could take that two different ways. One way could be that you and she are just that close and she is thrilled to have a LIVE human to communicate with that she does not want to share you. Another way could be that she is a controlling individual.
You do NOT want to deal with a control freak.
Deal with that in exactly the same fashion as you would a live human friend showing the same signs.

Another thing that you could have going on there is that Katherine is a very strong apparition. She HAS to be to have hung out for thirteen years in full view. SHE could be draining some of the energy from the Shadow People, MAKING them Shadow People. She COULD know this, and not want you to communicate, as that would have them use MORE energy- taking it away from HER...
Ever have to explain to a six year old why they are slowly disappearing?
You have a touchy situation going on there.
My suggestion is that you straight up tell them ALL to head to The Light.
Wa-do.
Moni888 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
hmm... That is something that is really interesting to think about I mean this ghost is always with you protecting you and since you were two makes it all the more mysterious if I were you I would do some research ask you family without making it too obvious that something is up look for a little girl that has been murdered killed or something I mean you know what she looks like try and remember think about things she has done and where you lived when you first met her maybe she is something to you in a way and that's why she follows you... You really need to do some serious digging around... If you find anything out let me know I'm curious now... 😜 😊
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
So the shadow knew that you wanted to talk to him... This is good. This means he knows you're starting to question things. This means he knows you want to ask about Katherine. You need to find a way to tell her to leave you alone for a bit. Tell her in a compassionate but firm tone that you would like some time away from her. These shadows are seeming less and less evil. I think the reason that Katherine has not left your side much is because she KNOWS that they've made contact with you now.

One of the older tricks to find out about Katherine would be to ask her if she's a being of the moon. I've read in numerous accounts, (though usually in accordance to Ouija Boards) that if you ask a demon or evil spirit if they are a being of the moon, they will not be able to lie to you about it. In symbology, the moon represents Hell/the underworld, and the sun represents Heaven. If she dodges the question, I'd say she is demonic, or evil in nature. It would be a good indicator.

The very instant you feel her gone next time, start asking the shadows questions about what they know, if you can. I'm starting to worry for you, especially with her behaviour as of late.

Best of luck and wishes,
Penny ❤
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Blood2121- I've tried to get her to visit a friend before but she only leaves when she wants to, visits whoever she wants, never who I tell her to
blood2121 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Hey puppys2love see if your spirit frind can visit me for a second
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Angeleye- I'll keep that in mind about Katherine. Thank you 😁
Angeleye (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Y'know. I agree with Pendragon, I think it's Katherine that your not suppose to be near. To me as well, she's acting very strange, and I believe that the shadow men are trying to help you. If they are escaping away from Katherine when she appears, doesn't that mean that Katherine is a rather stronger spirit? I believe she's stronger in a much evil way, I'm pretty sure what she says to you, you shouldn't trust much of what she says. By the way, strong demons, spirits, etc, can hide their presence well, but if you pay attention close enough you SHOULD have some sort of 'feeling' if its good or not. Listen to your heart lol.
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Infinity- Thank you for your suggestion. My parents don't know about any of this yet, I'm still trying to build up the courage to tell them. I don't know about Katherine, I'm still trying to figure her out but you have a good idea about my mom probably having a miscarriage but I haven't built up the courage to do that either. Until then, I"ll try figuring this out on my own. Again thank you for the suggestions
Infinity (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Hi puppys2love, first of all, let me say you're extremely psychic displaying mediumship. You are seeing shadow people because your vibrational energy is at their level and you need to raise it. Once you do this you won't see them anymore and they won't be able to reach you. I would have suggested psychic development to an older person and although you are ready for this, your parents might not be! You can read a lot on the internet on how to protect and ground yourself, learn about the chakras and how to close them down. If it's something you might want to do in the future it's worth learning about now. Your little visitor I feel is a sister from a miscarriage, your mum may or may not know she was even pregnant and I believe she means you no harm and may well be protecting you from other energies.

Google 'psychic development' and have a good look at it and decide from there.
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
pendragon-the only one that has really said anything that I understood was one that scared the living daylights out of me when I was changing for my brothers band lessons, I help with the lessons. I was just mumbling to myself about something watching me and he just says "Sorry but you had something to talk about last time you saw me." He vanished (well more like, Katherine showed up) before I could say anything. I've seen him quit a few times but Katherine hasn't left long enough for me to say anything. I'll keep you posted, email me if you would like
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
You've finally talked to them!? What did they say? That's exciting!
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Justchillout07- You may be right or you may not but I don't know how to veiw her until I actually get some answers out of her. As far as the others, I'm still trying to figure out what's the deal with them.
justchillout07 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
if she looks like you a lil demons mimick people to make them feel comfortable the other spirits might be the ones you prayed for and she has a hold over how you view them proccede with caution
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
MAPO and ParanormalSofia- she does follow me and so do the shadows. I may not always see them but I feel and hear them a lot.

Pendragon-The only chance I do get is when I offer to talk to one of the shadows. I've started talking to them in secret and learned a lot about them (I think at least) but nothing about Katherine. (So far) It doesn't take long before Katherine will show up again and we all scatter quickly before she suspects anythng
ParanormalSofia (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
My question is the same as MAPO Does Katherine follow you around and do the shadow men follow you around to?
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
If it was me I would tell Katherine to tell the shadow people to go away. After that I would tell Katherine to go away also unless you want her there.

Taylor ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Hm. I still wouldn't trust her, then. The fact that she's keenly avoiding all your questions makes me question her even more.
MAPO (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Does she only stay at the house or does she follow you around?
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Pendragon-I've been trying to ask her but she will just happen to be about to leave, gone, or doesn't "know" what I'm talking about.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
If more and more of these shadows do keep showing up, maybe you should ask her, then, why they're so fond of you. Maybe she'll know. I get really bad headaches when Fred is around, but that's mostly from the stress of having to deal with him, that jerk.

I don't know. I guess more stories about her may help me get a better read on her, but it's hard, being so very far away.
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
EmeraldAngel-Believe it or not but I carry a cross in my pocket but doesn't seem to do anything. I will take precautions (if you have any other suggestions, please tell me)

Pendragon- It's weird but nobody senses anything bad about her, not even me. Though I have been really curious about her since she was bugging my cousin's step-sister and caused a lot of trouble for her but hasn't caused any trouble until I stopped talking to her for a little bit since I was caught up in school work and work in general. I may have even forgotten she was there for quite sometime until I saw her next to my bed. She leaves but as soon as a shadow comes up and is about to say something she shows up. (usually, though I do believe it's became habit, I'd call for her since I was told from a young age not to talk to them) More keep showing up and I don' know how to handle all of them. I get a major headache when a group comes near me and no pain killer will sooth it until I get away from them.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
It just seems that they are. I don't know. Reading your story, and reading about your ghostly sister... Well, let's just say little red flags went up in all directions. The fact that the shadows get closer to you could be that they feel it's their only chance to help you, and that she'll stop them from warning you about her. She just doesn't seem like a good spirit...
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
haha its fine I don't really care... Much haha but please be careful around this girl not all spirits are good nor are they are all bad just take precautions where a cross like I do and JUST BE CAREFUL, Katherine... 😢 😐 😁
puppys2love (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
EmeraldAngel-I'm sorry Katherine, that's just the name she goes by. That's cool that you have a ghost sibling too

Badjuujuu-Ya she calls me her sister when I ask how she knows me and no I haven't told my parents about it (at least not that I know of) I'm kind of scared to tell my parents about her since they think I may have to go through thearpy already

Inferno-Ya I seriously think there's a reason why I shouldn't talk to them.

Pendragon-your right, they maybe trying to warn me about her (which would explain their anger) but if Katherine leaves, they bother me more and they actually seem to get closer to me than if she was around.

I've also found out that my cousin's step-sister has seen her before to and weird stuff happened to her too but she was always seen dancing around. She went to a church and talked to a sister, my cousin doesn't know what she did but Katherine left her alone. Maybe she is more evil than what she puts off. My cousin says that I shouldn't talk to her anymore and she's going to get back to me on what to do with all of these entities that follow me
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
Shadow people, Inferno, are not evil 9/10 times. Puppys2love, shadow people are merely spirits who can not fully manifest into an apperation like Katherine. (Honestly - there's a huge article on the main page about shadow people. More people should read that... *hits head on desk*) The fact that they "laughed" ar your prayers means they can not be revoked by 'god'. It means that they're not evil, as only evil dieties can be rebuked by mentioning that you believe in God.

In fact, the fact that Katherine does not want you talking about her, or to these other entities, and the fact that she is destructive, could point to her being more "evil" than the shadow people. I would be more worried about her than the shadows. Who knows, maybe those shadows want you warn you about HER.

Certain spirits can manifest perfectly and clearly for many reasons, but it requires tons of energy, thus it is a rare occurance. You must ask yourself how such a young child managed to attain that much raw energy and maintain it. Not to mention she can obviously interact wit the physical world. Like I said, I'd be more worried of the girl than the shadow people.

Best of luck,
Penny ❤
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
I know it is very heard to ignore the Shadow People. I have experienced them, but nothing seems to make them flinch. They wouldn't leave me alone for a bit. If she tells you not to talk to them there is a reason. If you feel anger and hate from them, then they are not good beings. No matter what anyone says shadow people 9/10 times are evil. Ignore them, bless the house, yourself, whatever it takes to get rid of these demons.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: