You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Freaky Footsteps Heard By All

Real Ghost Stories

Freaky Footsteps Heard By All

 

I woke last night to the sound of him running towards me. I flipped on my light assuming my son was coming to get in the bed with me as he often does sometime around the 3:00 hour. A door creaked as well, so I went to meet him at my bedroom door and called his name. As I stepped out, I realized no one was there. I ran to his room to see if he was there, and he was sound asleep. The house was as still as stone, and I was alone in my living room. Or was I? I sat on my couch contemplating what I should do. My husband is currently out of town, and a call from me in the middle of the night would only go into his mental file of the crazy things that happen to me. Needless to say, this is not the first encounter I have had. They started when I was 3 and have come and gone throughout my teenage and adult years. I am a Christian, so I am familiar anyway with at least some level of supernatural. Changing an apparently heartless adulterer who could care less about people into someone who strives (and many days fails) to live her life according to God's word is something that could only have been done supernaturally. I am not perfect by any means, but I am different-- and trust me, nothing about me wanted to be anything other than what I was. So I said all of that to say, I am not afraid of supernatural things. I absolutely know without a shadow of a doubt that they exist. I am not sure in what all capacities though. I am aware and comfortable with the fact that we may not ever understand it all completely... But back to my story.

I left a hall light on so that my son could see if he did decide to get in the bed with me as he has done so many times lately, and went back to sleep. Minutes later, he did. Today I was sitting on my couch watching a movie, and he came running out of his room. I asked him what was wrong and he said that things in his room were moving, and that he heard "the voice." Now let me just say that my son is 4 years old. He does not watch scary movies, and we have never discussed my experiences with him or in front of him before. So I asked him what "voice" he was talking about, and he told me, "the voice that calls me, mommy." He went on to explain to me that there is a voice that calls his name a lot of the time. He said at first he thought it was me or his father calling him using different voices, but every time he would come ask us what we wanted we would tell him that we didn't call him. After he told me this I remembered several times lately that he told me he heard me calling him when I didn't. He said the "voice" had been waking him up at night calling him to come to my room, which explained how he ended up in my bed around 3 every night for the past month or so. I was somewhat alarmed, but not highly until he spoke about the footsteps. He told me that he had been hearing someone walking around in the house at night when nobody else was up. He said that he kept thinking that it was me coming to check on him, but when he would look for me I would not be there.

His room is on the opposite side of the house to mine. When he said this to me I got chills immediately, because I have been hearing footsteps at night in our house for about a month. They are not just quiet footsteps, but loud banging ones like someone is stomping around. My husband even heard it one time and convinced me that it had to be thunder, until we checked outside and saw the clear sky with a million stars. He knows something is going on, but he is skeptical. He has lived with me long enough to have experienced enough that he cannot completely ignore it. This is our 3rd house since we have been married, and there have been issues with this house as well as house #1. For whatever reason, we got a break while living in house #2.

During the past month since we have heard the weird things, we have also had really crazy electrical stuff happening in our house. This house is only 5 years old, but every time there is an "occurrence" it seems like something electrical happens. The other day 3 light bulbs went out within minutes with each other. Last Sunday 3 of our 5 smoke alarms went off at exactly the same time, yet there was no smoke anywhere. Could the batteries have all run out at the same time? We put new batteries in and they went off again. Right now they are completely turned off. It could totally be explainable and coincidental, but it just seemed to happen right after we had something strange happen. We live in Abita Springs, Louisiana, which is a notoriously haunted town. Our house was built here post-Katrina on land that has never been lived on before. It is a rural community.

Any thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mistydixondesigns, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jajohnson2 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Shadead said: "Ever watched the fact that majority of that is Fishing and staged? Look into it and methods of trickery?"

If that were the case, why would they show so many Ghost Hunters episodes where either nothing happens or they discount/debunk everything that does happen? Personally, sometimes I get irritated with them for dismissing evidence that I think was good.
Judy
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
emma2014 ~Ever watch the show Ghost Hunters?~ Ever watched the fact that majority of that is Fishing and staged? Look into it and methods of trickery?

Aaron_G_B Agreed on the fact of poster not providing a valid reason of warning should hold theeir fingers before posting,

Now for my opinion of what's happening in your house Misty, I feel again it could be poltergeist activity and that is where Pendragon is correct with lack of power and such, I advise you to consult a madium always a good way to see what's going on but remain open minded with the medium keep an eye on fishing questions and don't get duped,

For a quick fix Darkness is on the money Research yourself some Rituals, it might take a few to move this being along but can't hurt to try, I advise Holy water sprinkline and Sage Smudging Ceremonies as a start.

Best of luck to you and your little boy.
Regards,
~Shadead.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
waynedruart please provide some basis for your opinion anyone can be confronted with a paranormal experience and cry RUN! We are here to find answers help not to be told to be very afraid and run that's not an option for some people
waynedruart (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
get out of that house... If you do care about your child 😲 get it
Infinity (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Hi Misty, very well written! Most children are psychic because they are so open and I also think the voice telling your son to go to your room is protecting him so nothing to fear there. As for the footsteps, you could try speaking to the unseen energy, staying open minded and see what you get. Like the others I agree that spirits use electrical energy to manifest and the same applies to batteries. I've been on many vigils and we always bring spare batteries because they will be exhausted within an hour in a haunted building.

Would be interesting to find out why this particular spirit is haunting your house and I think I would try and find out, good luck!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Misty: First of all let me say that this is one of the most well written stories I've read on here in a long time 😊...

By the way your son described the voice telling him to go to you, I don't think that particular entity is anything to worry about... It may be trying to protect him from being frightened by the one that's walking around...

Now, I didn't say the walker is a bad guy, just that it may be scarey to your son, and the other one doesn't want him to be...

You'll probably get some comments on the 3am thing, which I don't put a lot of stock in, since spirits and ghosts would have to pay a lot of attention to time zones etc... 😆...It's 3am somewhere in the world right now! LOL...

I think as long as no-one is being harmed, other than a little scared once in a while, then it's nothing to be concerned about... If you find it troublesome, consulting your minister or priest could help...

Good story, thanks for posting!
emma2014 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Ever watch the show Ghost Hunters? You can learn a lot about the paranormal that way. They said that most of the time the reason things go out or turn off (like lights and batteries) is because spirits can absorb engery from them. Especially if they don't have a lot of power in the first place. Just a thought...
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Spockie, nowhere did she say she was a Born-Again Christian, and from what I recall from school, Christianity is supposed to be open to the followers to interperate, and also that it is to have many different breeds of itself.

AND, if your religion hold such high hate for talking to the dead, then why would you believe a woman claiming to speak with the spirit of Jesus after he came back to visit her, obviously not in an earthly body, but as a ghost? Shouldn't you guys have stoned her to death or something for Blasphemy? Especially as she didn't even recognize him at first; how did she know it wasn't Lucifer the Fallen coming and impersonating your prescious saviour?

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_again_ (Christianity)

You should read up on the variations of your religion before you assume vereyone is a Born-Again Christian when they mention the word, as it covers Catholics, Prodistants, and Orthidox Catholics as well.

I CALL YOUR BLUFF.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Speaking from one botn again Christian to another, you know the Bible is against contact with spirits, so I would not by any means go that route. Your best course of action is to try to ignore it if you possibly can. These things gain strength through attention, especially fear. Also, remember that you are protected by the blood of Jesus. Use the blood and the name of Jesus whenever you are afraid and stay in the word and in daily prayer. You'll be o.k.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
It does seem as though something is striving for your attention eg: mimicking sounds, voices footsteps etc. I believe whatever is there does not seem malevolent in nature although if I were you I would definitely try find out more about this. You could take Pendragons advice maybe and go through the course of mediums and psychics and what not, although this course of action can sometimes sir up the activities within your home, or you could try some rituals yourself like smudging cerominies there are a lot of differant ones that can be found on and within this website. Good luck to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
I'm going to throw in my two cents. First, let me say that I love that you're open minded and christian. Many people on here are not, and assume all spirits are evil, and I'm glad you're asking out opinions instead of assuming the worst.

From ever ghost show/report I've ever read or watched, it has been proven time and time again that, if a ghost is trying to manifest itself, it will draw as much energy and electricity as it can, hence all the batteries and lightbulbs dying so quickly. Seeing as you said your house was built Post-Katrina, and your town was haunted to begin with, I'm going to venture a guess her; Katrina may have stirred up spirits that had been resting previously, or bugged some that were already active, causing them to go haywire.

I would say that you should do -_Syeetaque_-'s test, and see if it's the room that the ghost/s like, or your son. It's sounding like it's the house in general, not just the room. If you were really open to expreriences, you could contact a medium and see what they could do. A pastor can only truly help against evil and malicious spirits, not the friendly types. A medium can give you the insight as to whether or not you need to get ahold of a pastor to have your home blessed.

Seeing as you live in Louisiana, I'd say it wouldn't be hard to find a medium; that state has some of the best reputations for those things, as well as some of the best Paranormal Societies/Ghost Hunters.

Best of luck to you and yours,
Penny ❤
Inferno (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
I am also christian and was always taught by my mom to not trust any voices that you may hear in time. So by my beliefs if a voice ever tells you to do something then it is not good.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
ummm... How should I put this? From what I've read from your story, it seems that the one in your house is some sort of poltergeist. Well, so far it doesn't seem dangerous in any way. However, keep you cautious level alert since it has been calling your son when he was alone, and plus, it is known to be most active in his room. There's a possibility that your son is a magnet to this being. There's a way to test this opinion. Try having your son sleep in your room with you over a period of time. If the happenings begin to take place in your room during his stay, it could be that your son is a magnet to this being.

However, if the things keeps going on in his room even while he's in your room, it means that thing is actually in that room instead. Discovering these kind of things, I hope, may help you in some ways.

About the ways to solve this, I think you should refer to any priests, since you are a christian. But if you are willing to try, try to use methods of other religions too... 😊

For the time being, keep safe:)

Masyie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: