You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Baby Visits

Real Ghost Stories

A Baby Visits

 

I have been interested in ghosts for a long time but all efforts I made (asking them to show themselves in places I've been told are haunted etc) have been unsuccessful. As a result of that, I slowly lost faith and discounted ghost stories as just that, 'stories'.

Recently, however, my baby began babbling to 'nobody' (not just baby babbling, but obvious communication) and on several occasions, when my boys were practicing music, there (judging by the baby's terror) was someone sitting in the armchair next to the piano.

There is so much more to this story that confirmed in our minds, that our daughter had a visitor, and when she could finally talk, she said quite matter-of-factly, there is an old lady with a baby who visits us and that the baby's favorite toy is the blocks.

It was only a month or two after this that I finally saw her (or someone) moving down our hallway, a charcoal sort of smoke in the general shape of a person. It's funny because at the time, there was no doubt in my mind at all about what I saw but as time goes on, it feels like I imagined it but I know it happened.

I know that whoever it is is harmless as we've never felt scared. Also, about 4-5 months ago now, I was videoing my son and what looks like an orb passed near him... My husband wakes up occasionally and feels he's being watched (has done for years but never told me!), and is certain it's his Grandfather.

I would love to know who we should call to come and tell us who our visitor is but am told that if someone comes, they will get rid of them and I don't want that. Has anyone any idea of where we should start?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mumoffour, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Teira21 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-27)
Hi, Your story is interesting.
However I would'nt welcome any spirits into your home, As you never know who it is your exactly welcoming in. Spirits how ever need to cross over to rest peacefully. And yes babies Are most likely to see and talk to spirits. For a short while it eventually wears off them also some keep their gifts.

My advice
Dont welcome whom you don't know into your house as things do start to turn out to be something completely different to how you pictured it.

Be safe and take care <3
ghostdancer (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
Hi mumoffour, First off thanks for sharing your story it was very interesting and it gave you something to think about. My grandfather had the same problem at his workplace but know has retired. I would suggest going to your nearest church and ask a priest for help or too ask if he could do some sort of communication session with the spirits in your home.
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
If your husband "senses" that is was his grandfather...I'd bet my money he is right! Set a pic of his grandpa somewhere-light a white candle, and put a few coins in a specific pattern near the pic. Every night before you both go to sleep, ask "grandpa" to move the coins, and when you are awake ask him to blow out the candle too! Don't give up keep trying!
Kirsten (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Hello, I think that is a very interesting story. I have heard over the years that infants and children can see things that adults cannot see. People think it is because of their innocence, and that there mind is not blocked by evil. Many people just have a gift for seeing ghost, no matter their age, the spirits are just drawn to them. The reason that the spirits are their is because they have some unfinished business that they did not get done why they were living, and they will not leave until that business is finished. I think that it would be cruel of you to not help the spirits finish their unfinished business, and then get someone to help them "cross over". DO IT!
Savannah123 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-17)
Hello my name is Savannah I have encountered with ghosts just about all of my life I have seen them and I have spoken with them!
I have been very frightened by them and then I have also felt sorry for them. Because they are trapped I almost certain just the other day I was sleeping (or trying to) and a girl appeared at the foot of the door and was screaming she only appeared to be screaming I couldn't actually hear her, I only saw her face!
But I just felt so bad for her because I was just so frightened at what I had just seen and she disappeared quickly like she had felt my fear and didn't want to scare me anymore!
But anyway my point is that you shouldn't hold onto the ghosts in your house they must be trapped and they can't escape until they have finished their reason for still being with us! I understand how you feel about the ghost but you must let her go when I say this I don't mean get rid of them there is no way to just get rid of them they will still be trapped you just would have kicked them out of your home! So I would suggest that you find a phsychic of some sort that can communicate with the after life such as myself (although I'm not phsychic!) 😆

God bless you and your family ❤
Good luck! 😁
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-08)
Yep, babies do talk. We just can't understand them.
OH except my sister when me and my brother were babies she understood what we were saying when we were still in diapers. 😊 When Monsters Inc. Came out my sister told me she understood what the little girl boo was saying. Psh... I watched it over and over and I still have no idea what she says.
Also my best friend has an uncle who can talk to babies. Her uncle once was talking to his nephew when he couldn't form english words and he told his uncle that soon he would have a baby sister. Sure enough not long after when his nephew was still in diapers he had a baby sister.

Qt
QuantumFoundation (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-22)
Hi Mumoffour - I am a Paranormal Investigator in NZ and can assure you, that people who can tell you who this is (or at least assist you to some extent) will not get rid of what is there unless you want them to. Most bona fide mediums and investigators will not charge for this service either. Let me know if you would like me to put you in contact with someone who is able to perform this task in your area.
chicalovesu92 (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
well you told 2 different stoies but that proves youve had experience. I can give you a list of people to call to tell you what or who is in your house. But I'm tird I want to go to be so I will tell you in the morning, b4 skool. K 😳
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
-_Syeetaque_- is on the ball get a medium or similar to examine your home but be careful of fakes,

Pendragon sugessted EVp and I could not agree more leave a recording device around somewhere and leave the house if possible and before you go just ask that whomever or what ever there speak loudly and clearly to pass on their message.

Let them know you don't want to move them and they will gradually get used to you and work with you.

Regards,
~Shadead.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
cheesepuff the baby is not crazy children are more sensitive to these kinds of things than adults
cheesepuff101 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
Nice story! ❤ 😆 😉 I luv this so much I am tryin to make a story but this won't alow me to I just love this story so much just the idea of a crazy baby!AWESOME!
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
Psychics and mediums don't generally get rid of ghosts or spirits unless asked. Just let them know you don't feel threatened by this spirit, but you would like to know who it is, and why they can't pass on. Perhaps ask the medium for a seance; It's probably one of the best way to talk to a spirit, other than EVPs. If you don't know how to do it, please don't use a Ouija Board. Please.

I'd say that, from everything you said, It is probably not a malicious spirit, more like a watchful one. Or two, as you child said there was a baby and a lady. Or even three, if your husband's grandfather is present as well. I have a ghost in my basement, and he is simply curious about me, and my habits, and he refuses to move on.

Good luck, and happy thoughts,
Penny ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Well they could get rid of them or they could increase the activities that are happening in your home. Has your husband ever seen the manifestation of his grandfather at all or seen the spirit you have seen? All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
hmmm... Try to consult a psychic, and make it clear to that person that you prefer to have the spirits to stay with you in the house... Good luck:)
MAPO (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-05)
Yes the easyest thing to do is learn to talk to them. That requires you to clear all the good and bad out of your mind and imagn a white empty room with a door. If you open the door and let them in you should be able to talk to them. Just shut the door behind them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: