You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Frozen Awake But Hallucinating

Real Ghost Stories

Frozen Awake But Hallucinating

 

I took a trip into Denver for my birthday. Me and my girlfriend got a very nice hotel room and were there for only one night. So we both go to sleep... I'm a little restless and can't seem to sleep for a very long time. I notice a strange, deep noise coming from above, possibly the ventilation system. I eventually drift into sleep, and I only remember being suddenly awoken as if I hadn't dreamt at all. I could not move. Not an inch. But that was not the first thing I noticed. The first thing I noticed was that the deep sounding noise I had heard before was now sounding more like a demonic growl. A fierce, demonic growl that laid its veil of superiority on me wickedly. I began to tremble with fear, and I wanted to move because I was feeling so surreal and thought I could just snap out of it. I tried, but I was completely frozen in place. And by frozen I mean that I could literally flex all my muscles, yet still not be able to move. I think that somehow I drifted off again, and was suddenly awake once more, to find my laptop sitting on my chest facing down at me. It showed some sort of fiery blackness of an image that conjoined itself to the dark noises I had been hearing to create one hell of a scary experience. And once again, all of the sudden, it all just disappeared. I instantly realized that I had NOT been sleeping.

I was thinking perfectly clearly the entire time this happened, and my train of thought continued straight through all of this, even after it all seemed to just disappear.

I did not just make this up, and this is the best I could do of describing what happened. All I know is that I really think it was a true paranormal event, not something I simply dreamt up. If you are an understanding person you will understand that at this time, my relationship with my girlfriend was very complicated to me. I was constantly thinking about everything that was happening in a way that's pretty impossible for me to describe right now, but it was a period a very deep thought and contemplation of just about everything; life, death, god, angels... All of those things. Hopefully I'm not some sort of ultra-schizophrenic either, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Anyways thanks for reading whoever you are, I'd love to hear comments from anyone!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, creecer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KerriBear23 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-22)
Have you ever thought about Lucid dreaming? Look into that. I have Lucid dreams and that sounds very close to what happens to me. Ask any questions if needed.
redrider (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
if it happens agian, envoke the name of Jesus. When it would happen to me, the first thing I noticed was none of the lights would work, that how the dream would start before being grabed from the back and strangled... Just enough to let me know he was stronger than me... If this is the path your headed down... God help you
nella1208 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
wow that's really freaky! Especally the laptop part what I think it was was a domonic presence since you heard that growling
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Aaron G B, I will email as soon as I get a chance. No real debate here. Just checkout the website on my forst post and read a few of the hundreds of similar encounters. Plus there are links from this websites to a much larger number of similar websites with even more testimomies. It has always bee a bit of a mystery to me how God could take all the Christians up in the rapture and not throw the world into a frenzy. I am finding out now. Major polsters are identifying nearly 6 million americans that have been abduted by a so called alien and another 14 million have had a least one serious alien encounter. Thousands of testimonies of where the victom was able to end the asault immediately at the mention of Jesus name. It is here for anyone to see. Google Dulce, New Mexico as well.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Jitow please email me at stin_nar [at] hotmail.com I would love to hear how you came up with this theory and have a polite debate if you are up for it this is simply the first time I have heard the theory of the 2 things being one and the same and I have done quite a bit of research on both topics including reading scientific documents and cases from both phenomenom I'm interested in how you came to this conclusion
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
What's up? I live in Colorado too. Can I ask you where you were at? Well I know I can ask you, but will you tell me? I've stayed in a lot of Hotels & Motels in Colorado all over & some of the ones I would least expect have freaked the crap outta me.
~LSD~
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
The hole big deception here is that alieans are demonic. When you encounter them the only way to stop them immediately is calling on the name of Jesus. Cry, moan, do whatever you like, it is the truth, for those that don't believe it. Go to this website and read the hundreds of firsthand testimonies to this, http://www.alienresistance.org/ce4testimonies.htm
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
good that you mention human figures too natfish sleep paralysis is something that comes up a lot in alien abduction theories as well there is a lot of science yet to be done on this phenomenon
natfish (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
The Science of Sleep Paralysis, this is a good youtube video on sleep paralysis. As you can see science can only partially explain how it happens but not why. Also most people see human figures.
TheRealIcePrincess (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I also agree with Devious Angel but I want to add my own note.
I've woken up countless nights and seen things. No, not ghosts... Dreams. Or something of the sort anyway.
I once saw a floating vase that I really owned. I threw a pillow at it because it freaked me out... And it disappeared. I saw my brother and assumed he had been hurt and it was his ghost... It was not. I've even seen a floating Medusa's head... And a big cat's head moving around.
It's like my mind hasn't turned off dreaming yet and if you added sleep paralysis to it... It would the freakiest experiences because it does take a long freaky minute for my mind to register and say, "Hey wait, this is fake!" Then it disappears and I'm safe, but slightly shaken. Oh the human mind... So amazingly mean to it's own host.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I agree with DeviousAngel I have researched this before and that is exactly what it sounds like nothing to get too worked up over but I admit it would be a little frightening
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
The symptoms you described are scientifically associated with sleep paralysis.

Http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Typically people who experience sleep paralysis will experience a thrumming or rhythmic noise. There will be a pins-and-needles sensation and then the body will experience paralysis. The conscious mind is awake, but the brain has not yet sent the chemical to the body to bring it out of its self-defense sleep state, which is meant to keep us from thrashing and hurting ourselves while we sleep.

Have you ever experienced this before, or again after this incident? Apparently it can be caused by a lot of things, and can also be suppressed through breathing and movement exercises.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
you had a sleep paralysis, but controlled by something more evil than just merely a spirit... The deep growling explains it all, it could be something more powerful, the demon itself. I believe that what you experienced wasn't a dream at all, I had an almost the same experience, refer to my story, She Whispered Into My Ear. You are not the only person that experiences this occurrence, there are others out there. Becareful with those evil beings.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
You woke up with the laptop on your chest. After that, did you stay awake, get up, put the laptop back where it belonged? Or drift back off asleep and wake up again later? If you drifted back off with the laptop on your chest, and woke up again later, where was the laptop at that point? Or, was the laptop not there at all, physically. Since you say it all "just disappeared" is why I ask that. Not trying to be difficult here, just trying to get a clearer idea of the chain of events.
Taking into consideration relationship stress, the things you describe you were thinking of during that time frame (life, death, etc.) and sleeping in an unfamiliar place, I wouldn't rule out a particularly vivid nightmare. Depending, that is, on the location of the laptop. If you took the laptop off your chest, got out of bed and physically put that item somewhere else after waking up to the thing on your chest, then I'd have to agree that this was paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: