You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost At The Alamo

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost At The Alamo

 

It was about a year ago when my family and I visited the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. We were visiting the part of it where they had all of their statues and documentaries. We were walking around, looking at all of the historic features that Alamo had to offer. It was pretty amazing to me. So, my mom found a statue that she really liked. She made me go and stand by it so she could take a picture. I really didn't want, but I stood by it anyways. So I was looking at the camera, when I saw a vivid figure out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was just another tourist. I realized it couldn't have been, because that figure was dressed up like a Mexican troop. I knew it couldn't have been a statue because the statues were all one color and the troop was so alive with colors.

I can still picture his blue coat, with the white X going across his chest, the bright red cuffs of his shirt, his tall blue hat with some type of red rope hanging over the side, with his gun right by his side. He was so still. If he wasn't so colorful I would have thought it was a statue. I turned around to tell my mom, but when I looked back to where I saw him, he was gone. He just disappeared. I looked around the whole area in which I saw him, but I couldn't find him. At that point I realized that I had just seen a ghost at the Alamo.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Xrainstorm6X, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
I have visited the Alamo on several occasions, since I was born and lived all my life in San Antonio. Unfortuantely, I have never seen a ghost on the grounds. But I do sense a feeling of awareness of someone or something around us. The Menger hotel next to the Alamo is also known to be one of the most haunted hotels. I have been there a few times but have not experienced any paranormal activity. I did write about my ghostly experience on this site under the title 'Lillie'.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
There are some other Alamo stories on this site about a cowboy figure walking around with a rifle.
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Not knowing much of the history of the Alamo only that its Big important and there was a major conflict that happened there (sorry for my not knowing I am australian after all american history wasn't a major topic at school.)

I would love to have seen what you saw would be amazing. I live in a smallish town where there was a similiar event to the Alamo. If you want to know more search for the Eureka Reballion.

Anyhow Thanks for the story and hope you got some great photos.

Regards,
~Shadead.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
wow! Creepy! It might be the ghost of a soldier waiting for the command of his superior.
re3boxer (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Thanks for sharing your story, I have visited the Alamo before being that I live 3 hours from it and the feeling you get when you are there is just unexplainable. It has so much history and just being there takes your breath away as you realize what happened so many years ago, I didn't experience anything but did have a feeling of uneasyness during my visit 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Thank you for sharing this with us! I would love to visit there sometime. I hope I'll get the chance to drive out to Illinois with my boyfriend again, because we drove through Texas last time and it was beautiful. Maybe I can visit the Alamo and happen to catch a picture of one of those lingering soldier spirits.

It's rare that people spot ghosts in full color too... I think you were in the right place at the right time!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Very interesting. 😁
I always love reading stories from Texas. The Alamo is a very haunted place. The first reported paranormal event there happened as the Mexican army was preparing to retreat. They were given orders to destroy the Alamo. They were frightened away by the Texans' spirits, who wouldn't give up even in death.
Three different versions of the story exist. One is that when the Mexican army arrived to destroy the Alamo, hands were seen at the walls holding torches, and a voice commanded "Depart! Touch not these walls!" Another version is the army was frightened away by six diablos holding swords of fire. The third version is that the bodies of the Texan defenders were still smoldering in a pyre when the army arrived. An angry spirit rose from the smoke and flames and frightened the Mexican army away from the Alamo.
Anyways, my apologies for rambling on. It must have been amazing to see what you saw there. It sort of brings history into a clearer focus, and makes it so much more personal, more than just words in a book. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: