You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Daddy's House

Real Ghost Stories

Daddy's House

 

As a child, I was always looking for adventure. I can remember being in 2nd grade and sitting around telling ghost stories with all of my friends. We lived to talk of things unknown. Many of us still do to this day.

I am 24 now and have had very few experiences in my life, concerning the paranormal. When I was young, my daddy would tell me about strange things that had happened to him. I always found myself feeling, in a way, jealous that he could see and hear things.

When I was around 10 years old, he and my step-mom moved into their current home. Daddy would always talk about how he could hear music emanating from the garage when no one was out there. He could hear the back door open and close, but no one was there. On several occasions, he has witnessed the glass doors on the fireplace being opened, only an inch or so, but hearing the sound of the scraping metal as it moved.

We knew the history of the house, so it never really scared me per se. It only made me a bit uneasy. They had bought the house from a widow who had lost her husband, Scott just months before. He was killed just around the corner from the house in a car accident - he never made it home. Kay said that she just couldn't be there anymore. It was painful, as it was their first home together. They were newlyweds.

I have had a few experiences in the home, but this one, in particular stands out:

This was probably about 3 years ago. I would have been about 21 years old. I had gone to daddy's house to eat dinner with him and my step-mom. The way the home is set up is that the living room is huge and open. In between is a galley-style kitchen that opens up to the large hallway that stretches the width of the house. So, you can pretty much see everything other than the bedrooms and the bathrooms.

We had finished dinner and were watching a movie, when both of them needed to use the bathrooms. I was watching the TV, waiting for them to return so we could resume the movie. As I sat there, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that someone was standing in the hallway to my left. It seemed like minutes had gone by that they were standing there, so I looked up, assuming it was my step-mom. I started to laugh as I asked 'What are you doing?'. But when I looked in her direction, she wasn't there. No one was there. I shrugged it off and continued to watch TV. When I looked away, it was there again. I glanced in that direction and nothing. Whatever I was seeing was only in my peripheral vision. Soon after, my daddy returned, and I just ignored the situation.

It looked to me like how people usually explain shadow people. I could not see any details of the person, other than the shape of the figure was that of a man. It was black as far as I could tell. I just find it rather strange that it only appeared out of the corner of my eye. Also, I have read that most people feel doom when they witness a shadow person. I felt discomfort at the fact that there was something there, watching me, but it did not feel evil or even just bad for that matter. I still feel it was Scott.

Once, about a year and a half ago, my friend and I went over there for a bit of a "ghost hunting" session. We took a voice recorder, a crystal, and even dowsing rods for the fun of it! We walked around, took pictures and saw some strange orbs, but nothing more than orbs - dust in most cases. When we started talking to him through the crystal, we got some answers.

I still hope to this day that it truly was him and not another entity trying to mess with us. We recorded the conversation, but never found any sort of EVP. We asked him if he was happy that daddy owned the house. He said "yes". We asked if he liked everyone there, even ALL of the animals. He said "yes". But when we asked him if he could go see his wife, he said "no". And when we asked him if he could leave, he said "no". I found these two answers to be very sad and it still troubles me.

Why is he stuck there? And if he is stuck, why is he "happy"?

Don't really need "help" or anything, but I wanted to share my story with people that won't think I am a creep! So, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Other hauntings by winx717

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, winx717, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Oh, okay. It's just that in all my life the only person I've heard that made 'contact through a crystal' was you! Funny.
Anyways thank you so much for the information! 😳
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
HardToScare432: What I meant by talking through the crystal was that we used a pendant and asked him to swing it in a certain direction for "yes" and in another for "no". Not quite sure what it's called, but we did it once on an "official" (if you can call it that), local ghost tour.

Sorry for the unclarity...:)
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
hmmm...something might have happened before the accident. Poor guy. 😢
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I know you don;t want "help" but I need to say something to you😊 Scott would be happy know he is in a "better place".

I also want to know, what you meant by talking to him through the crystal? 😕

Please reply, HardToScare432 😉
Figlitiblit (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Maybe if you ask more questions like "Why are you stuck" you might be able to find out. 😁
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Unfortunately, it has been years, and I am not sure what ever became of Kay. Last I heard is that she had dealt with the whole situation - maybe that's why he couldn't go to her?

It is way sad though - I feel for him...
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Perhaps it would be good to bring the wife to your next session. Since he cannot go to her, maybe she should come and "talk" to him as you have. Do you know if she tried to communicate with him? Anyway, it's just a suggestion.
I'd love to hear some more.
Eva ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
A very common trait for spirits is seeing them out of the corner of your eye haha they know very well what they are doing.

Im agreeing with what Pendragon mentioned it being that Scott wants to continue to watch over the house. And also there could be something more to this altogether. Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Thank you both for your comments. They are much appreciated. I hope that you are right, Penny. Perhaps I can talk my friend into another chat session with our friend, Scott!
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
btw thanks for sharing its nice to hear a story like this every once in a while
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
The reason that Scot may be happy with being stuck at your dad's house could be the fact that he is happy that someone is taking good care of the place; that a hppy family is living there and caring for his house, like he had in life.

When you're dead, your priorities may change. Scott may be able to pass on in time, who knows. It is indeed very sad that he can not go see his wife. Maybe he has something at the house that he had hidden, to give to her? If you do another session, please ask him what his unfinished business is, and let us know.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: