You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First, But Crazy Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First, But Crazy Paranormal Experience

 

My story begins one night when I was on my way home. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so it was very dark and the only lights I had were my headlights. A couple of weeks earlier there was a bad car accident that involved six of my friends. Two of which passed away. The accident site is on my way home and I was passing the crosses on the side of the road when I saw a black figure cross the road right in front of me and walk into the woods. I sounded the horn and it didn't even acknowledge me. I was thinking on the rest of the way home of what it could have been. An animal wouldn't just continue at one pace into the woods. It would probably start off in a run, and when I honked it probably would have looked in my direction. But one of my friends that passed in the accident was a pretty tall guy, and this figure was about his height. So I started getting really freaked out by what I had just seen. But what were my choices? I couldn't go back and look around because it was gone before I even passed all the way by. So I just continued home and the rest of the night was pretty quiet so I just eventually let it slip my mind.

Maybe a week later, I was in my room one night and happened to be awake watching a late movie on HBO when I heard something that sounded like it was eating my puppies food, which is in the kitchen right outside my bedroom, so I opened the door to check it out and my cat was inside the house eating my dogs food. The weird thing about this is, my cat is an outside cat, and never comes inside. So I picked him up and put him back outside and checked all the doors and all of them were locked! So I have no idea how he got inside. I called my boyfriend of two years and told him what happened and what he thought it could have been, he thought that either my parents or I opened a door and he slipped in without us noticing. This seemed probable so I just went with that. We continued just chatting when he told me that he found a key in the back pocket of his jeans. He explained what it looked like and said he thought it was a house key. His mother just moved into a new house down the road and we both just assumed that his mother gave him a key and he forgot about it. Nothing else happened that night and it was pretty peaceful.

My boyfriend came over the next morning and woke me up at my house and everything was pretty normal. We got really hungry and decided to make a pizza and when he went into the freezer to get the pizza, I asked him if he brought the key with him, because we were going to ride over and check to make sure it was his mom's house key, when I told him to check to see if the key worked on my back door, just joking around. He locked the doorknob and went outside. The next thing I know he's coming through the door! The key worked! Then I started to get a little suspicious, and joked around saying "well it was you that let my kitty in huh?" kidding around even though my mind was racing. He noticed that I was thinking and asked me to talk to him about it, so I admitted to my crazy accusation. He told me he was just as surprised as I was that the key worked, and he promised me that he didn't know how he got it and that he just found it in his back pocket. I know him, and we have been together for two years, never in my wildest dreams would I suspect him to steal it. I brushed it aside and we ate our pizza and watched some TV. We were just hanging out and talking in my room, and we were the only ones home and my bedroom door was open. I got up and went into the kitchen to get something to drink when I noticed that the guest bedroom light was on, and my parent's bathroom light was on. I don't live in a big house, and my bedroom opens up right into the kitchen and to my right is where the guest bedroom and the back door is, and to the left is the living room, my parent's room and the front door.

Now my dad likes to know what's going on at home when he's not here, therefore he has a camera pointing at the back door and every time it senses movement it records and sends a thirty second video to his email. He has a fancy iPad, so he always gets his email right away, and I know him, and if anything suspicious was going on out there he would have called and let me know, but, no phone call. I told my boyfriend, and he started freaking out thinking there was someone in the house. So we went and checked every room and nobody was in anywhere. We even checked any hiding spot anyone could have been hiding, but found no one. Then we started tossing the idea around about the experience being paranormal. My boyfriend has had many encounters himself, so it was easy to come to this conclusion. As I said earlier, I brushed the idea of my boyfriend stealing that key to the side, well the feeling of anger and questioning him came back, all of the sudden too. I went crazy almost and started hitting things and yelling. I even told him we were done and over and to never talk to me again! He said he's never seen me act like that before and I know I haven't. It was like someone or something was making me believe that my boyfriend was a thief and was responsible for everything. I didn't feel like myself, and I have never felt like that before. It was almost as if I had just blacked out, and went nuts. I have no explanation for this behavior. He called me when I had calmed down just a little, even though I was still angry, I was myself again and could talk to him at least, but the feeling of anger and betrayal was still in me, as we talked and he swore to me he would never do that to me, and told me how much he loved me and that he would always be by my side, the feeling just went away, and less than an hour later, we were fine...

Ever since we completed our conversation about all of this, I feel as though I am never alone, that I am always being watched. I hate this feeling and it's driving me crazy. I also feel that this certain something (I don't know what it is, or what it wants with me) is trying to come in between my boyfriend and I feel that "it" planted the key somehow in his jeans, and warmed me up to the paranormal thing, (my cat, the shadow, and the lights) before it tried to make me believe my boyfriend was a bad person, and break us apart.

Does it want something from me?

Why would it want my boyfriend and me to split up?

How can I stop it? (I've tried prayer, and communicating with it, nothing worked)

I don't necessarily feel threatened, just tormented and annoyed. I don't get a bad vibe, or the chills or anything, weird stuff just happens. Was I possessed when I blacked out? I just need help and straight up answers. Any would be appreciated. It's starting to make me feel truly depressed and heavy. I plan on going to a professional soon. But I need temporary answers. Help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sunkist1220, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fire_Fairy (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
Things are really weird...
Maybe this has to do something with your passed away friends I think 🤔
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
messymae09: Really? That's crazy... It is very frightening when things like this happen... Well atleast to me it is... You are probably a little braver:)
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
bandit: Oh no, I don't feel like your insulting me at all, I appreciate you trying to debunk things, The other comment was just to people that were saying "your boyfriend is a thief" or accusing him for things, if I truly still thought it was, I wouldn't be with him. But yes, I think some things are explainable... But it was a very creepy experience for me, since it was my first, and I was so overwhelmed that I needed you guys's help. But yes actually I have had one thing move on its own since I posted this.
In my room my bed is right in the middle and on the right side by the window I have a computer desk with my computer and a swivel chair. I was almost asleep one night and I heard my computer start up... (I keep it on hibernate, so all you have to do is wiggle the mouse and it comes on) and I looked over and the cursor was darting across the screen, and the mouse was just shaking... Not actually moving around like you or I do when we use the computer and all I could do was just sit there and watch it... I didn't want to interrupt it to see if it would lead me anywhere... But it didn't and after a while it stopped. So I turned over and faced the computer and was almost asleep again when I heard a rattling noise... And this time the chair was shaking violently. I sat up straight in my bed and just watched it... I was too scared to get up. It went on for a straight three minutes then it just stopped altogether... I told my parents but they didn't believe me. So I just went back in my room and tried to sleep again, then all was quiet and fine... But other than that experience nothing else has happened.
messymae09 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-28)
i had the same thing happen to me (well not the samething but you knoow what I mean) when I lived in my old house I was well scered but it was like it was trying to be my friend and it tryed spliting me and my best fiend but it also like looking after me somehow mabie it got someing bad from my best firend 😕
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
As I keep rereading my comment it looks to me I may be insulting your intelligence a little. I'm not. I just like to come up with possible explainations. My explainations are probably not true. But I can't see how a ghost can coppy a key. I'm not saying they can't. Please don't be insulted.
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
About the figure crossing the road - could it have been a real person crossing but it was to dark to see his features and when you went back to look he was just too far away? About the cat - maybe he did just slip in without anyone noticing. Or maybe you just assumed he was outside when you locked the doors. Maybe he was inside because he was hungry. About the key - Maybe your lock and his is similar. Did you test this theory by trying the key at his house? Also is it possible that a long time ago you and your boyfriend aggreed to make a copy and he did and put it in his back pocket then maybe he went somewhere (like a two week vacation) for a while then when he came back both of you just forgot he has the key? Since I'm not saying he has stolen the key I'm not pointing fingers. About the lights is it possible you turned them on earlier then just forgot to turn them off then later you forgot it? I'm not saying any of this is necessarily the case I just like to try to debunk things. Although as I'm reading my comment it looks like I'm accusing you of having a very bad memory but that's not the case. Have you seen any objects move on their own?
TheRealIcePrincess (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
sunkist: Sorry it took me so long to respond to you.
If you were taken, he might have not wanted to make a move to be respectful, but then I don't know why he would in death.
Another thing it might be is, yes, an evil spirit, that is trying to fool you into thinking it's this friend. Definitely try to get some answers from whatever is, and don't be scared. If it is an evil spirit, they usually feed off of that energy.
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
thanks for your opinion, I have no clue what it was, but it wasn't my boyfriend. I just got offended because it was like you pretty much told me to open my eyes and see that my boyfriend is a thief. And that's not true.
Thank you though and I'm sorry if I came across as a bit rude but that was my first reaction.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I was not insulting you. Since when do ghosts have the power to copy keys and put them into pockets? It sounds far fetched that it would be a ghost.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Confusing situation you have here.
This is just my opinion, but I don't think the activity in your house is related to your friends at all. I don't think what you saw at the accident site was related to your friends either.
Sometimes a loss will trigger an awareness to the paranormal. The heightened emotions also makes you more interesting to any wandering entities. I think the combination of those things has brought you where you are now. You say that you feel "depressed and heavy" and that you want to seek professional help. I'm not sure what sort of professional help you want, and it's none of my business. I will throw this out for you to chew on though.
When I was 20 or so, I had to take depression medication. It helped me in many ways, but mostly it helped me learn to even out my emotions. My ghostly encounters all but stopped once I got my emotions under control. I took those pills for maybe a year and a half, then when I felt I no longer needed the "support" they gave me, I tossed 'em out.
Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to say your emotions are haywire like mine were. All I'm getting at is that after a loss and all the crazy things going on right now, I would imagine you feel at the end of your rope. A medical professional may be able to give you a some help with that.
As to the ghostly experiences, there are a lot of paranormal groups out there who can help. A quick Google search would likely reveal a group in your area. Check them out, see if they sound reliable (not all paranormal groups are created equal), and contact them. They could help you find answers, and maybe some peace and quiet.
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
jamesrobiscoe: I know he would never do anything like that and I apologize if in that comment to that other person sounded really defensive, in ways it was because although I appricitate advice and opinions that persons response was completely irrelevant and just pointing blame at someone they don't know. Sorry I just had to get that out. Haha. But in answer to your question no he wasn't with me when he discovered the key. His mother just moved into a new place and we assumed it was to her house because it was a brand new key. And I can't answer how it got into his jeans... And yes there has to be an answer somehow... But I believe with all my heart and would bet my life 100% he did not take it. And honestly neither one of us have the time to go make a new key. And we are together all the time. So I would know if something suspicious was going on in that regard.

To all others: although I do appreciate and welcome advice and opinions if your comment is only intended to point fingers and blame people then please just save it... I'm asking you all for help about my experiences not for you to tell me my boyfriend is a thief. With all due respect, thanks!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
sunkist ~

My opinion: If your boyfriend was trying to "gaslight" you, he sure went about it all the wrong ways. Which, in addition to your deep acquaintance with his character, inclines me to believe he was responsible for neither the cat or the key. Nor had he any motive to goof on you. Was the key new or worn? How did it suddenly appear in his jeans? Was he at your house or his when he initially discovered it? There simply has to be an answer to this curious event.

The road apparition could have been your imagination, but it seems to keep pestering your reasoning mind. I'm sure there's no way you won't think of it everytime you pass the accident sight, but maybe you can ask people who come/go that route if they ever get a funny feeling or something; you know, in a general way without necessarily revealing your own experience. I say if it was a friend, why should he appear but keep his identity secret? Why not face you? Why run? If it was your imagination, why would you conjure up such a strange image?

You're getting some good responses. It's good to hear your replies, too, and appreciation. Continuing dialogue helps us all in many ways. ~ James
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
my boyfriend would not copy my key, thanks for your input. But if I seriously thought he would do something like that then why would I be with him? I wouldnt. Especially not for two years. And if he wanted it for his own reasons then why did he give it back? Why would he be suprised that it worked. Thanks for your input. But no isults please. You don't know him. Thankyou
reneespring (148 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I think finding out that your boyfriend had a copy of your house key without your permission is enough to warrent suspicion of him without being "possesed by an evil entity".
I would assume the obvious, non-ghostly conclusion that he copied your key for his own reasons.
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Wow! So many comments! I want to start off saying thank you to all of you! Your all helping me in a bigger way than you know. And I appreciate it so much!

Darkness: I will defiantly be keeping you guys updated! Thanks so much!

Jamesrobiscoe: thanks for all the advice! I think I am going to look into investigation. But in answer to your question no, none of my other friends have seen anything abnormal around the accident site. I even had my boyfriend drive by there by himself to see if he saw anything and since it seems to target him for some reason I was almost positive he would have a similar experience. But the accident is still fresh in everyones minds here... And I don't want to seem insincere by assuming I saw one of their spirits, you know? But I will in the future ask someone that was closer to them than I was to maybe drive by one night. But thanks for your help! I'd be happy to answer any further questions to the best of my ability for answers to my experience!

Zzsgranny: hi! Yes a lot of questions but I'm more than happy to answer. What happened that night was very tragic for everyone here but what happened was there were six people in a small car leaving a party at about two thirty am and the driver was not drunk (all tox screens were clean) but he was messing around with everyone in the car and swerving and just playing around. Due to the small car not ment to hold six none had seat belts on. The driver lost control of the car and it started flipping. All were ejected from the car and one of the girls was pronounced dead on the scene. (the actual accident happened at approximately 3 am which is known to be the devils hour not sure If that is significant or not) but the other five were taken to the hospital with only one in critical condition. And he ended up passing two days later. So no other cars were involved and he wasn't trying to miss anything. He was just being silly. And in answer to your other questions no we do not keep our house keys in the open and we only have three. My father has one my mom has one and I have one. We don't have any extra. And I asked my parents if they had theirs and they did. My first suspicion was that my boyfriend took mine off my key ring trying to mess with me. But he swears he didn't. And I even checked my keys and I had mine and the one he used. I, today, have two keys to my house. One never accounted for.
ambernsue (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Okay, I read your post and heres the thing... I am fourteen years old, and have had an incident very similar to the mysterious shadows, and figure. I wonder-AM I SEEING THINGS? No. What you could be going through though is really a paranormal experience. I don't think that the spirit want you and your boyfriend to split up... Ghosts don't interfere with love, they see things form two points of veiw-good or bad. You may want to check if there is any history in that house that you live in... It could be really significant. Also, you may want to ask yourself where your boyfriend was the night of your friend's death. I'm not accusing anyone, but considering we are all born with the psychic ability, I am saying that maybe he (or yourself) are now open to the paranormal. You even said that you considered that yourself, well what I'm thinking is that (because my own psychic awakening happened so recently) your mind is now open to the thought of another presence-and you said you tried contacting the spirit yourself-but how? How did you contact the spirit? Did you do a senance, or did you use the method of a pendelum? Also, keep in mind that it is possible for spirits to enter your own body-is that what happened? The last option, I doubt, because you have to let yourself be open... But it could always be lat on the list of possibilities... Please think about it and let me know if you have any further questions...
Thank You
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Ok I read your story but I haven't read the comments so if someone has already said this I'm very sorry.

The first experience you had on driving home I recon could have been one of your friends trying to tell you that they are ok. I'm not feeling it's residual really, it's possible but I'm more so thinking that the fact that this spirit darted in front of YOUR car is more likely to be trying to tell you something. It's this or your mind playing tricks on you - when we think about things like this we can see things that aren't really there. However I do think something is definately going on.

As for your second experience up until you said you got angry and you changed upon yourself and started shouting at your boyfriend I thought it could be one of the same, one of your friends trying to tell you they are ok. But when you said about feeling angry and tormented I don't think a friend would do that. So I think it is a seperate spirit.

What it wants in my opinion is your attention, the lights are giveaways for that and maybe this spirit see's your boyfriend as a threat and as your attention is directed at him most of the time it wants him out of the picture so it can have you to itself.

I'm really sorry about your friends. Also if anyone has said this before me then again I am sorry (Just think of it as a second backing up opinion haha!) I hope this helped you in answering a question or two, thanks a lot for sharing your story.
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Hi again, I read the comments you made and I would like to add this:
The circumstances of the tragedy and what you are describing seem to be very unrelated... Really only connected as a starting point for the problems you are having now.
From the way you describe your relationships with you friends whom passed away, the hostility seems odd. Teleportation of objects is generally pretty difficult for human spirits... Also the key prank turning into the trigger for your manipulation seems rather clever and subtle, not to mention mean for an earth-bound human spirit.
And the black manifestation...
I still think you need more evidence, but your experience so far is unusual for a human haunting, but well within the scope of a demonic entity.
Also...keep me posted on how this goes for you if you would like. I have personal experience with both kinds. I'm happy to lend safe advice if you need it (meaning I don't hurl bibles or hold seances)
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
It may have something to do with your friends' passing away, but more likely the location is only significant because it marks when the problems started. I think that this has all come about because you are sensitive. Realizing you might have some latent 6th sense is not like having a superpower. It can be really frustrating. Unfortunately, being sensitive attracts negative spirits, human and inhuman. Either way, an earthbound spirit is obsessed with life or the living.
The thing that worries me is the blackout rage you felt... Like being out of control and feeling manipulated. That is unusually aggressive & powerful for a human spirit. It can also be a sign of demonic oppression... Almost typical. I think though it is too early to know.
I would advise you not to try to directly contact it again. All you need to do is try to identify whether or not it is human or inhuman. There are distinct differences, so do some research.
Reading/learning is perfectly safe, but demonic entities will exploit occult channels, and usually much better then the most experienced practitioners. Praying and positive spiritual guidance always seems to help people though, in any situation.
The most important thing for you to do is keep your mental guard up. Watch your moods, talk to your boyfriend and ask him to help you identify warning signs. If you feel like you are slipping you need to learn how to take back control. You also need to listen to his observations and judgment if it does happen. That will tell you a lot about what you are dealing with and how to go about handling it.

Just try to stay positive and optimistic. A positive attitude (even if you have to force it!) is amazingly effective. Even in the worst case, a demonic presence, the sooner you start pushing it away and fighting its influence the less it can effect you.

-best wishes
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
sunkist: I'm curious about the circumstances surrounding the accident... Did any of the suvivors say that the driver was trying to avoid something in the road?...Were there other vehicles involved?...It's interesting that the activity started after your sighting...

I don't think this entity is trying to come between you two... I think it was just trying to draw your suspicion away from it... Do you or anyone in the home keep your keys in the open, like on one of those key hanger thingies?...I'm trying to figure out how an entity would get a hold of it... They usually don't take things from a purse, or pockets... Has anyone been missing their house key?...

So many questions, I'm sorry! 😆
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
sunkist--Curious set of incidents, and are they related?
I can't help thinking you're intent on being sensible and maybe a little braver than you sound. A few things just aren't right. A good scientific investigation, be it an individual or a team, accent their professional approach, and will see a thing through right to the end, no matter what they discern.
I gotta ask: Have you ever wondered if the figure you saw crossing the road, maybe your friends did, too? Such a tragic, horrible, large-scale violence to life in that accident.
If nothin's up, fine. If somethin's up, stop it now. And it might help to think of praying not so much as something you DO, but a state of mind that's on-going and closer.
All the best in your investigations.
~ James
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Hmmm very interesting story well as mentioned by previous posters it does come accross as if something is trying to force its way inbetween you and your boyfriend. Although I wouldn't be to hasty to jump to this conclusion there could very well be a logical explanation for these events. My advice for you is to over the next few months just see if anything else perculier happens this may give you a better understanding as to what is happening. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
sunkist1220 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Ice Princess: I am not sure if he liked me, because he had a girlfriend of a about a year when he passed. And he used to say how much he loved her and stuff, but very good hypothosis. I really appriciate your comment:) but yes it does make me very uncomfortable... Since I don't have a background of paranormal experiences... This was my first! And I do not like the fact that I feel like something was controling me...

Moongrim: That's a great idea. Thankyou!

Snowhite: yes I feel the same way, but my friend that passed knew that we were happy. That's why I don't feel like it's him. But thankyou for the advice:)
TheRealIcePrincess (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
You say it was a guy friend that passed away? It's possible that he really liked you, a lot. So he's trying to get your attention from beyond the grave, and trying to get you to break up with your boyfriend so he can have you all to himself. Of course he may not realize that this won't work the way he plans...
If it were just any evil spirit, it would be messing with all of your relationships, but this seems a bit more personal to me. Maybe he's mad you never noticed.
It is a good thing to get professional help, but before that, if you have the guts, you can always get EVPs yourself. Simply set up a computer with a microphone or use a nifty more expensive recorder if you have the money, or one just laying around. See if you get anything.
I doubt it's going to hurt you, it would have by now... But you can never be too sure so calling in paranormal investigators the moment it gets serious is a good idea, or even now since it sounds like you feel uncomfortable.

^-^ Peace.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
Evil entities always try to isolate thier intended victims.

I'd recommend some cold iron on hand to ward it off, and/or someone to come in and smudge the house.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
I think an evil spirit is trying to ruin your relationship with your boyfriend. Sometimes the spirit can ruin a marriage and making people get mad and have hatred in their hearts, I believe you know in your heart something is not right and tries to control your mind. If I were you, I'd try to gt professional help and get rid of it as soon as possible.

Good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: