You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mothers Touch

Real Ghost Stories

My Mothers Touch

 

In June of 2001, my mother passed away suddenly from a brain hemorrhage. It was a huge shock for my family and I. I was 10 at the time. After this, I went to live with my grandmother in her home seeing as my father was unable to care for me at this point in time. My mother was cremated, so instead of burying her at the local cemetery, we decided to keep her at home with me. I would often talk to her and tell her how much I missed her. Of course, she would never respond. I even remember asking her to come to me in a dream or something so I would know if she was ok and happy where she was. This also never happened much to my disappointment.

My family is spiritual in our beliefs regarding a next life, and I became upset in wondering why my mom never came to me. As time passed, I stopped talking to her and hoping she would come to see me. This was about the time I started going through the turbulent teen years. At about 15 or so.

I came home from a rather bad day at school. Someone had been spreading rumors about me that hurt quite a bit. I sat in my room a while thinking about what had happened and burst into tears. I was so angry and upset that I just collapsed on my bed and sobbed uncontrollably with my head in my pillow. Suddenly, I felt a presence in my room. It wasn't scary or upsetting, but very calming. I felt a warm sensation starting on my upper back, like someone putting a hand on me, that proceeded to envelop my body in this strange, warm feeling. It was so comforting that I hardly wondered what it was until my mind clicked in that this wasn't normal! I turned my head and said "Mom, is that you? No response. However, the feeling stayed. I lay back down on my bed and drifted off to sleep. I awoke the next morning with this feeling or peace.

To this day, nothing like this has happened again. I think it was my mom's way of telling me that mommy was still here for me, even in death.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Danigurl1990, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I am so glad that you finally got some contact with your mom! One thing about "the other side" is that time dies not exist so even though a long time has passed for you, for your mom, it was instantaneous...that's what I believe anyway...

:0)
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I'm really sorry for your loss... And I'm sure that it was your mom to calm and comfort you telling you that she will never leave you even in death. I'm in tears now because I'm going trough the same thing away from my parents and really long time no see... But hey cheer up you know that a mother is always there for her child! 😊

Best of Luck,
Mimi~~
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Dear Danigurl1990,I'm so sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. I agree with chopis and believe your Mom came to comfort you, and I'm sure she is always around watching out for you. Take care 😊 ❤
chopis (78 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Beautiful story Daniqurl1990, I'm sure it was your Mom that came to comfort you, teenage years can be very difficult, specially if you don't have your parents around, 😳 take good care of yourself, ok?,
Cheers,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: