You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demonic Nightmares

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Nightmares

 

It has taken me a while to get up the nerve and write this and I will explain more to why that is. I have had many experiences in the past but this is different by far. I let my guard down when the activity seemed to disappear but I believe that was the worst mistake I could have made.

I was dreaming one night, and it started off as a nice dream but then everything went black and I saw a man standing in front of me. He was tall, taller than a regular man would be. I would say maybe thirteen feet tall. He was wearing a black cloak, that seemed to blend into the darkness around me and his eyes were a reddish color. He laughed and said my name. I felt as if I needed to run, so I did. When I looked behind me, he was no longer standing like a person would but rather looking like a dragon. I woke up after that. Since then I feel like something dark and sinister is lurking around my house. I have had more and more nightmares and sometimes I will be in my room and it will grow freezing cold.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I start talking to someone about god, or I try and pray I get this really heavy feeling on my chest, like a hand is reaching into me or I just have the hardest time breathing. I have woken many times with scratches that I couldn't have possibly done to myself. I think it may be a demon but I can't be sure.

I would really appreciate it if someone would contact me at this email. Azreal.ann[at]gmail.com.

Thank you!

Other hauntings by Nightgoddess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightgoddess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Twilight1011 (9 stories) (315 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-04)
To Pandora, I mean no offense, but you really over reacted to tweeds comment. I see nothing she said, being rude, or ugly/out of line. She even agreed to an extent of what you said. She did NOT say that ALL SP experiences, are none supernatural. Just that some are, and some aren't. I don't understand how what she said upset you so much. Unless it's a sensitive subject to you, that other's may argue with you about? But she never once said, that what you experienced, was not real. I feel like you just misunderstood her. SP has been scientifically proven, and tweed merely stated how, and why. But she also said to believe that in some cases, can be supernatural. I just hate that you felt teamed up on. I'm not sure if something was going on in your life that day, and you took it out on Tweed, but I just want you to know that no disrespect was intended. I'm sure other's would love to hear your experiences that you mentioned having. Hopefully you'll see this, and not take it the wrong way. I'm fairly new to this site still, but feel welcomed to tell my experiences, and I want you to feel the same. Sorry this wasn't about the OP, but I just wanted to try and help Pandora understand that Tweed was not meaning to come off disrespectful, or not believing what Pandora had said. Hopefully I helped Pandora get a better understanding out of this though.
DirtCreature (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Tweed is right just as the others who is explained it are. It's not just stories about sleep paralysis. This includes every single story that goes on here. The first thing the members on here do when a person asks for help is to rule out any first possibilities. If you saw an apparition for example, it is ruled out mold, medication, high emf levels, how you saw the apparition to determine it wasn't imagination, history of place that apparition was seen, etc. Don't take someone questioning something as an insult. There's no reason for someone to jump out of their skin over it. There's no fear in some of your experiences not being experiences either. I am sure all of us on this site has untold stories of the paranormal/spiritual because we decided there were too many other possibilities for what happened or that it didn't matter. Something we shrugged off because it could have been a million things. There's nothing wrong with that, especially if you want to get closer to the truth.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Pandora, your concentration on me and my generalised observation on the nature of SP is drearily extreme. I believe it is ridiculous to label something paranormal without weighing other possibilities too.

My original comment:

"Pandora, if sleep paralysis wasn't a natural physical function we'd all sleep walk every time we went to sleep.
That said, I believe SP has the potential to include supernatural experiences, at times. But not every time.

SP is scientifically/medically defined, proven and explained. Has been for ages. To deny that is ridiculous."

Your overreaction to this, and repeat address to me on this thread, suggest you may have signed up once or twice on here before.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Pandora,
People vote things down for a variety of reasons, sometimes they don't like what you say, sometimes it's in error (clicked down when trying for up). There's no way to tell whom clicked it or why. Most of us, unless our comment has garnered enough negative points to be hidden or even deleted, pay the karma points no mind. To the best of my knowledge this site has no 'guidelines for karma points', however there is a feature that only allows you to 'vote' for a certain member x times in a row, prior to saying you need to vote for someone else.
Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
Tweed said it was ridiculous for me to deny, that science hasn't already explained it. Now you tell me. Be honest... That's pretty invalidating and disrespectful, isn't it?
Get real. Lol. Tweed was disgusting and rude, insulting and invalidating MY experiences, and you guys are abusing the karma points system based on your emotions and egos and pride, to a person whose account isn't even old enough to be able to downvote your posts...
Like it say. A pretty sick welcome to the site. Nice to see abuse by those who think they run it or whatever. Lol. Pathetic.
Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
-4
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
I love how people get their feelings hurt, and abuse the karma points system. Haha. That really says something in and of itself...
& yes. Someone tried to tell me it's already been proven and so by golly I must be stupid for my experiences.
What a lovely welcome to the website I'm experiencing. Pretty sick abuse of the karma point system as well, to Willy Nilly down vote someone's comment when it doesn't even fall under the guidelines of what should be down voted. But because your ego didn't like my response, you down vote it haha. & yes. Tweed was incredibly insulting and disrespectful to my experience... As if Tweed knows better than I, what I experienced. It's rude...
Then, you guys abuse the karma points system to back up your buddies, on posts that shouldn't be down voted...
REALLY says something about this site. Remember karma is only a you know what when you are.;)
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-14)
Pandora,
I do not think that anyone was attacking you or your experiences. They were rather commenting on your comment that " that sleep paralysis IS spiritual and NOT "scientifically explained", all, or even most of the time. YES... IT IS REAL, & yes. I know this. To tell people otherwise is so insulting and invalidating!" That's YOUR belief and that's fine, but as Tweed pointed out, " I believe SP has the potential to include supernatural experiences, at times. But not every time." That's Tweed's belief and that's fine too. No one said your experiences were invalid - especially when we don't know what they were/are.
We are a very diverse group of all faiths and beliefs from all around the globe. So you're going to get a lot of different views about what something may or may not be. What maybe a spiritual event for you may not be so for another.

This comment from Pandora_PDX is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

DirtCreature (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Tweed is right.

Sleep paralysis existing doesn't mean that whatever happens to someone isn't real. For example, dreams are a normal function of sleep and entities can sometimes use that to their advantage and some people have premonitions that way. It still doesn't take away from the fact that most dreams are just that... Dreams, your brain sorting stuff and feelings out from the day. Sleep paralysis is annoying but it happens sometimes. Unless the sleep paralysis is very specific (such as your dead uncle telling you about money buried in the garden and finding it the next day), then it may just be your brain and body going wacko:P
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-11)
Pandora, if sleep paralysis wasn't a natural physical function we'd all sleep walk every time we went to sleep.
That said, I believe SP has the potential to include supernatural experiences, at times. But not every time.

SP is scientifically/medically defined, proven and explained. Has been for ages. To deny that is ridiculous.

This comment from Pandora_PDX is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Jam (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
i'm just wonderin', have you ever started or been a part of any paranormal activity? Maybe this 'demonic thing' is a result of something you might have done.

SMiLE 😁,
Jam.Jam
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
To me it sounds like a typical sleep disorder. I suggest see a doctor, maybe get some medicine to sort you out.;)
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
as far as this story goes get a dream catcher I realy believe the native americans knew what they wher doing they always worked fo me
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
sorry to nit pic jblaster but its satan not satin that's a shiny material you make evening dresess from ijust noticed you got it wron on 2 seperate coments so I thought id just let you know
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
"I let my guard down when the activity seemed to disappear but I believe that was the worst mistake I could have made."

Everything hangs on this quote from the story.

It makes me want to ask... What activity?

As WReck72 pointed out, "Understanding cause/effect situation is important in resolving them and avoiding them in the future." Knowing the full background... Ie: The activity you mentioned may provide a clue as to what is happening and why.

Please, if it's not a bother, fill us in so we can better understand, and offer help.

Respectfully,

Rook
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I agree with WReck72, Emerald. He didn't say she deserved it. Merely saying, "What could you have done to have brough this upon yourself?" does not equate saying, "She did it to herself, she deserves to suffer." It merely states that she may have done something, past of present, to draw a negative entity to herself.

I say negative entity because demonic attacks consist of more than just scratches. The "not being able to speak about God" problem could be a panic attack, that she is so worried that this "demon"/negative entity is out to get her thatshe freezes up, and her body gives her the illusion of having a difficult time speaking of her faith.

Rooms can go cold with any entity, not just a demon; My basement, no matter how warm the rest of my hose is, stays a nice, consistant 5 degrees celsius, and I only have Fred down there; he's not a demon, nor evil, but my basement never warms up, and you need blankets just to sit on the couch and watch TV. It's been so bad sometimes that I'll haul my comforter off my bed and wrap myself up in that. I need four blankets on my bed to keep from freezing at night. You've read about Fred - he's not a demon.

The nightmares themselves could be her subconscious panicing as well. I'm not saying that there's not an entity kicking around, but that it could merely be angry about something, and wants the attention that desperately. I would get someone to investigate before we start slinging around the term "demon".

A good, and real, investigation team or medium, should never charge you for their services, especially when you're seeking help to find out what is in your house. Seeing as you live in the states, I would call TAPS, or a team like them if TAPS can't get to your side of the country. If you look on their website, they have a list of "TAPS Families"; they're investigative groups that TAPS has asked to help hunt ghosts with them. None of these groups (to my knowledge) charge a fee for their services. The only reason I suggested TAPS is because they have been investigating the paranormal for about 20 years, and they're one of the few societies that has actually survived that long.

Anywho, Yeah, ranting needs to end... *cough*
Penny ❤
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
You've misunderstood me EmeraldAngel I did not say she deserves this. However there are many way you can draw unwanted attention. Understanding cause/effect situation is important in resolving them and avoiding them in the future. Nightgoddess I should have probably explain more clearly I am not trying to place blame. I just ment to point out you probably know what brought this on and maybe a shift in direction could resolve the issue. I will send you an email with some sugestions.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
NightGoddess, I don't know yet what could have caused this or what you did or whatnot, but what WReck said I highly disagree with, no one deserves to suffer such horrible dreams I REPEAT NO ONE DESRVES TO SUFFER! Thats my true opinion and I stick to that like glue. I mean no offense to WReck at all but that's my opinion, Katherine.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Yes it is very possible I could have brought this on myself...
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I don't mean to offend you but you should consider weather you think you may have brought this on your self. I could be wrong but that's how I would interpret the dream.
ambernsue (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I would say ask a priest for help. You should really tell others about this thing happening. I think it is definetly more than some nightmare... Find help.

I hope things work out for you and may your nightmares go away...

Liz 😊
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Demon's are the worst! 😠 Scare us from thinking of our Lord, fight this thing! He's full of himself and is only strong when he dwells in the night. To protect yourself, try to imagine a light surrounding you, it takes concentration but it's helped me, Katherine...
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
It is a demon who wants to take control of your mind. If I were you, I'd ask for help. Find a priest who can get rid of demons professionally and get your home blessed.
luckyryan11 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
😐 well you ahev to pray or tyr if you can resist the presure on your chest then if you pray you may be able to win against this demon a priest would easily exorcise him I'm sure he sounds like a lesser one good luck I know you can beast that demon out
jblaster77 (13 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
Demons!Another kind of satins usless troops. The qustion is why does it want you 😠 😠 😠
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-10)
I'm sorry to say it but to me it definately looks like a demon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: