You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Nightmares, Holding Hands And Shostakovich

Real Ghost Stories

Nightmares, Holding Hands And Shostakovich

 

My boyfriend and I have recently moved into an old miner's cottage that dates back to approximately 1860 - 1890. The first night in the house, I knew we weren't alone. This is not the first time this has happened to me, but in the past I have been able to help the spirits move on without too many dramas. The spirits in this house were a bit annoyed that we'd moved in. Nothing too serious, just the odd noise here and there as well as the general feeling of not being wanted. Then the nightmares started. These dreams were extremely realistic and hard to shake off. The common trend seemed to be about children dying in various ways, including my nephew having a sudden heart attack at age 4 (he turned 3 in May this year). After having these dreams for about one month, I spoke to my sister-in-law about them. She gave me some crystals and a white candle. I placed the crystals on the mantle-piece in the lounge room and left it at that. The nightmares stopped, as did the noises and the atmosphere in the house was a lot more welcoming.

We have both experienced different spirits within the house, my partner frequently wakes up to find a young girl (approx 6-7yrs old?) holding his hand or stroking his hair. I have not had direct contact with her yet, but I have been aware of her presence. One of them has taken to walking me to the toilet, waiting for me to finish before walking me back to bed in the middle of the night. He is in his 60s. We have another in the front room (a sleep out built after WW1 for a returned soldier). He tends to hang around next to the bird cage we have in there. He can be quite cheeky at times. I have felt him nudging me in the ribs, tickling my ear and heard him laughing.

My partner and I decided that no-one in the house was there to cause us any harm, and that they were just put out by having strangers moving into their house. All was well and good. Last week, however, I decided that I would like to have some music playing while I cleaned the house. I selected Shostakovich from the CD rack and put it on. Within the first 30 seconds of play, the CD started to skip. The cutlery I had just washed and put in the drainer went all over the sink and benches, the oil guard I hung on the wall was swinging like mad (it almost flew off the nail). The skipping got so bad that before the counter was at 1:20, the player was not registering the CD at all. I took the CD out and had a look at it. There is no sign of it being damaged in anyway. No fingerprints, no scratches and no dust. Just then, my phone rang so I put the CD back in the player and promptly forgot about it.

A few days later I was folding washing with my partner and decided that music was in order. I pressed play and sure enough, Shostakovich came on. I ran to the CD player and turned it off within seconds. My partner was looking rather stunned. He asked me what the hell had just happened. I told him about the earlier experience with the CD, and then apologized to the spirits for upsetting them unintentionally again. Things eventually calmed down, but my friend was no longer walking me to the toilet, the man in the front room was not quite so cheeky which brings us to last night. As usual, my partner fed the cats and dogs while I fed the bird, mice and rats. I asked him to fill up a water jug and bring it to the front room. After he gave me the water, he turned and left, leaving the door ajar. I went about my business of checking on everyone and monitoring the babies we've just had. All this took about 25 minutes. I made sure everyone was in their cages, wished them goodnight and told them I loved them as I walked to the door. I hadn't noticed up until this point that the door was completely shut (it can only be shut from the outside with a sliding bolt lock and you have to pull on the door to line it all up). I tried to pull it open, thinking maybe something had jammed it shut. No good. I called my partner on his phone and got him to come to the front room and let me out. He made the comment that I must have really upset/offended the spirits for this to happen.

I have tried to apologise to them on many occasions, but they aren't listening. Things have started being moved again, the oil guard constantly swings on its hook and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions that may help us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PicklePants, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Maybe...you could try... Using a, Ouija board. But if you DARE use it, you MUST read much information about it and be very aware of what you do.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
perhaps some Grateful Dead in the stereo is in order. Live Dead should do the trick. 😉
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Just curious is your hose located in Ballarat or the surrounding area? Also for the crystals worth seeing if they need a recharge to boost their mojo.

Agreeing with most posters here that letting the spirits know you appericiate (my spelling sucks I'm sorry) them and you want them to stay and feel welcome.

Just for funnies try play some really old music like early 1900's to see if they like that any better if not the tried and true AC/DC might be worth a shot. 😆

Anyhow Best of luck with that.
Regards,
~Shadead.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
LOL! Thanx for sharing & I'm sorry to hear that you are in a pickle. So to speak. I find it effing ridiculous to let spirits control what I do in my own home. I don't care if they've been there longer. It's my home now. The minute the start to scare me away I pull out big guns & get rid of them. Don't get me wrong I do respect spirits & ghosts but just like the living I respect those who respect me. And unfortunately there are some places that are THEIRS & they can't leave, that's where they belong. In those cases I've moved when I could, trying to keep the peace. However I'm ot going to spend my life in my home worried sick if what my family or I chose to do in MY/OUR home is going to uber upset these spirits. Sorry but I think that's pretty weak. If you can find a happy medium & that's your thing than by all means do so. But DO NOT be bullied or hassled by the living OR the dead. I apologize if I sound curt, but I just can't stand it when folks feel like they have to walk on egg shells because Casper might get pissed. Claim your space & be respecful about it, yes. No need to fling holy water around & cast a bunch of ghosties out. Just make it clear that this is your home & you will do what you please. If they have a problem with it they're more than welcome to leave, which they would probably be a lot happier if they would move on. Thank you & again I'm not trying to be nasty, just real. Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
PicklePants, LOL that is a great username 😁 I agree with everyone else. It's your house and these spirits need to understand that you are ok with them staying as long as they cooperate. I'm sure as soon as they get used to you and your routines they won't act out as much. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck 😊 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
What Lucy1 said. Be polite, but be firm. Explain that you all are dwelling under one roof, and everyone has to make a few compromises. Not everyone likes the same music, and for some reason music can lead to disagreements like few other things can. Does the upset feeling happen with other music, or just this one CD? Maybe if it's just that one, or that genre, you could try listening to it through headphones. That compromise thing again.
I can't help but be curious what it was about the music that set them off. Maybe it reminds them of something they'd rather forget? Too loud in their opinion? Or just not their style? Who knows. It's tough to have a civil dialogue about music with the living. Even more difficult with a ghost, who can only express their opinion in limited ways.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
It sounds like your ghosts don't like your choice in music! I agree with Lucy1; Perhaps let the ghosts know you do appreciate them, and that you know that they'e not bad, and that you like having them around. If you're not scared of them, there is no sense in getting blessings done - which are only supposed to work against bad spirits anyway.

I'm glad the crystals helped you with the nightmares as well. Maybe they could be the root - I read somewhere that crystals need to be 'recharged', if you will. You may want to look into getting this done in the near future? I don't know when you got them, nor how often they need to be recharged.

Keep us updated, please!
Penny ❤
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Hi PicklePants (what a cute username by the way!),
I am sorry you feel that you are upsetting the spirits. It can be a very frustrating but worrying time if you just don't know what you're doing to 'offend.' In my own experience, it has helped when I have just been firm with them. You're not a bad person, you're not doing anything wrong by just getting on with your life so it might help to let them know this candidly, rather than apologizing. However, that is just my recommendation that worked for me - in no way am I suggesting you shout at them or bring in negativity, and if you feel there is bad energy then maybe it's best to take someone else's advice. From what you've written, it seems like there are no 'bad' spirits around you and as you say, they need to get used to someone else living there. Perhaps also let them know that you appreciate that they are good and that you are happy for them to remain and you would never intentionally disturb them but that, just like them, you have to live somewhere too! That's if you haven't done all that already!
Lx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: