You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Maria Lynn - Ghost Girl Who Haunts My Best Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Maria Lynn - Ghost Girl Who Haunts My Best Friend

 

Let's make this clear. This story is unsolved and that is why I am posting it although it scares me out of my mind to do it.

It was about a year ago when my friend decided to tell me about her house. She had just moved and almost immediately began to see the little girl. She looked a little younger than us (about ten or eleven) and she is always dressed in her nightgown. I was spending the night at her other house when she told me about her. The little girl would talk a tiny bit but mostly in nods and shakes of the head and would never stay to long. Morgan (my friend) would ask her questions and usually didn't get straight answers if she got one at all.

We started getting a strange vibe or feeling that her name was Mariah Lynn. We later figured out that it was Maria Lynn. We also were able to do a rough sketch of a lady. Morgan claimed that Maria looked like a mix between me and her. The lady (whom was old) changed from a rough drawing to something that clearly rang out to me. It looked like my grandmother whom had passed away just a few months before. I kept getting flashes of my grandma without her glasses and realized that they must be related or resemble each other a great deal. We came up with a story that might be right but we figured out later that it was not. We fell asleep and I went home the next morning.

The next time I went to her house Morgan says something along the lines of "Beth, I have something to show you! She walks to her closet and pulls out a nightgown that exactly matches the one of Maria Lynn. Then we feel sharp pains in our heads. Morgan tells me that Maria Lynn is about to arrive but as soon as I leave the room Maria shows up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BethyBoop, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BethyBoop (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Pendragon- I don't think that is right but mostly because I don't believe in incarnation. I really don't know but I might mention that the weird part is that I only got flashes of her with out her glasses...

Biblefreeme- Well just to make this clear (since I didn't get to this part yet) I was at her mom's house and did see her in a mirror.

Darkness- The reason that she appeared when I left the room is that I don't think she really trusted me. Also I think she was trying to build up the strength to come into the room but she was taking to long so I left the room to get something to drink when she came. The nightgown actually appeared at the laundry at her dads house one day. It was to small for her so she wouldn't buy it and she didn't have it before because I have seen all of her clothes.

Shadead- I think that your claim about the head trama could be right because she has only actually shown Morgan one side of her head before considering that she is always at an angle. Also the nightgown had green and pink flowers, it was long sleaved, it was ankle lengthed, it had a weird collar that was sorta turtle necked, and on the chest it had lace around a kind of oval piece of fabric with a bow in the middle. It was flannel and the backdrop of it was white. Unfortunatly one day when Morgan was gone her stepmom donated it to a thrift store.

Blizzard43- I don't think I really understand what you are saying. My grandmother is dead and her name was Winona Yavone... Which I don't see how it is related to Maria Lynn. But the lady in Morgans house is a very scary spirit who is screaming in the kitchen. We think it is Maria's grandma but we have no proof of that.

HardToScare432- It is scarier than how it seems on here but thanks for reading.

For everyone I think you should know that the basement sends off really bad vibes and at times you can hear children laughing down there. Thank you all for reviewing and I am looking foreward to more feedback if you have any.
Thanks,
Beth
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Wow, I can see how this would scary you. When something like this is your own experience, and not just reading it, it's scarier than it seems. Also, I'm guessing I'm not too much younger than you, cause I am 11 (Shh! 😜 Ha ha)
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
did you ever think of looking for answers like is your grandmother dead I agree with pendragon sort of the way you said about the girls name maria lynn you want to know your grandmothers name but who knows 😁
Shadead (91 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Sorry for the interuption BethyBoop.

Darkness: You just think your multitasking 😜 its ok my work is wholy computer based so I can lurk this site until 7.30pm AEST and annoy you as much as plausible. 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Shadead: haha yeh mate doing 2 things at once I'm good at multitasking champ its just the majority of my work is on this site. SHHHHH don't tell the boss lol 😆

Sorry for the interuption BethyBoop.
Shadead (91 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I like your story but one thing I would suggest is look at the style of the nightgown and try upload a photo so that someone can place it in a timeframe to see how old Maria really is.

Also To Darkness man your work must have a lot of down time 😜

I think BibleFreeMe is on to something with the superimposing of symptoms but could also be instead of brain tumor that maria died from blunt force traumer to the head?

Anyhow good story keep us posted and will gladly read more.

Regards,
~Shadead.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Funny how she shows up when you leave your friends home, although from the experiences you felt I believe there could very well be something more to it. Why wasn't the night dress noticed beforehand by your friend and where did it come from?

Thanks for sahring.

Dan
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
ive never heard of a soul geting split in two so I don't think that's the answer, as for you getting sharp pains that is either the spirit drawing energy from you in order to materialise, or her superimposing her symptoms on you, you say she always wears a night dress maybe she sufferrd a long term illness brain tumour for example that would also explain her lack of speach. Then again how much do you trust your friend honestly it sounds like shes having a game at your expense the power of sugestion is at work here I mean did your friend say whare the nightdress came from call me suspicious but does your friend by any chance like getting atention.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Perhaps Maria Lynn is a previous incarnation of the two of you, and the soul got split somewhere along the line? I'm not sure. I wonder what was with the sketch of your grandmother? This is perplexing, and I hope someone on here can come along and give you the answers you're looking for.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: