You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Just A Friendly Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Friendly Ghost

 

My parents built the house in which we now live in approximately 11 years ago. Upon moving in, I noticed that for some reason my room was significantly cooler than any other room in the house. I thought it was odd because my room is on the 2nd floor, and heat rises. I just attributed it to excellent ventilation. The air and heating people have been out to our house multiple times over the years, and no one can figure out why my room is so cold.

One night shortly after moving in, a friend and I were sitting on my back porch. It was mid-summer, and Southeast Texas summers are HOT! I remember there was no breeze to make the night more bearable. We have a spotlight that shines into our back yard, and it shines right on our big, heavy wooden swing. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the swing starts moving, and we hear the sound of little girl laughing. There is nothing that could have caused the swing to move... No breeze, no animals, nothing! We also couldn't explain why we heard a little girl laughing. We went to check it out, and the swing stopped like it hadn't moved at all!

Several months later, my dad and I went rabbit hunting behind our property. Behind our house there are woods with a large clearing in the middle (its well over 30 acres). His friend (let's call him Jay Sr.) and friend's son (Jay Jr.) were with us. Since we were hunting, we were obviously quiet. Sometime during the night we heard the same laugh that I'd heard several months prior. The only problem was we were the only ones out in the middle of the clearing. There were no places for a little girl to hide within a distance that we'd be able to hear her laugh. Several times over the course of the night we heard her laughing.

Several of my neighbors have told me that a long time before we built our home, a little girl died out in the clearing directly behind my house.

Other strange things have happened in my room since moving in. I had a collection of porcelain dolls in glass boxes. Every morning when I would wake up, the dolls were in a different position than what they were the night before, like someone had been playing with them. I would put them back how they were supposed to be, and again, the next morning, they would be turned in different directions. I eventually had to get rid of them. I also had collectable figurines and a few picture frames on shelves and various other pieces of furniture. I'd wake up in the morning to find them strewn across my room.

The TV in my room has turned on and off on its own countless times. It also changes channels every now and then. One time I was home alone and in the living room watching TV. I heard the "snow" noise coming from the TV in my room. I walked upstairs thinking I forgot to turn it off. When I walked into my room, the TV turned off by itself. I went through this several times before freaking out and leaving my house all together.

I've told my parents about these occurrences, but they never believed me. My mom has a musical jewelry box that only plays when the lid is raised. She keeps it next to her bed. My dad was working nights on this particular night. My mom was asleep and was woken by the sound of her jewelry box. She thought maybe she had forgotten to close it, but when she reached out to shut the lid, she found that it was already closed. I think she believes me now, but she doesn't like to talk about it.

A few weeks ago I could see the light in my closest flickering under the door. I never leave the light on so I was curious. As I opened the door, the light turned off. I thought maybe the bulb was going out and I needed to change it. I realized the bulb was only loose, so I tightened it and went to bed. For the next week, I would do this every day. I got tired of having to do this repeatedly, so while it was flickering, I jokingly asked the ghost to stop because I was getting tired of her game, and I didn't want to play anymore. The light instantly turned off and has worked properly ever since.

The other night, my dog decided she wanted to sleep in my bed. She usually just jumps up in my bed and goes straight to the end underneath the covers. However, on this night she sat rigid next to my head. I tried to get her to lie down, but she refused. She moved her head back and forth like she was watching something. She would look to the left of my bed, and then follow it all the way around to the right side and back. She did this for over 30 minutes. She never growled; she just sat and watched. Finally, she looked quickly to one side, the turned her head sideways like she does when she's confused, and went to lay at the end of my bed like normal.

I've also thought I've seen someone walk by or standing next to me, only to realize no one is there. Any thoughts? I'm not really concerned, I'm more curious than anything.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CupcakeQueen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Child ghosts are mischeivous little buggers. She seems willing enough to cooperate with you, as she quit playing with the light when you asked her to. You could either accept her pranks as just part of the routine, or try sending her to the Light. Tell her that her family and loved ones are on the other side waiting for her. She sounds like a very nice, likeable little ghost.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Thank you for sharing this! I really like this story. I feel sorry for the little girl who died there. I really do think it's her spirit still hanging around, since she seemed so interested in your toys. Hopefully she will be able to move on to the Light soon, if she hasn't already. She sounds like she was a delightful girl in life.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
awwwwwwwww blizzard tehehehh! Love it. Anyways I liked this story! I definitley think its just trying to get your attention, or annoy you hehh and if it is the poor little girl she seems to be enjoying herself 😁
Though should she not have moved on?
Anyways I'm glad your not afraid I know I would beee! ❤ 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Haahaha Granny my good friend how are you always good to hear comments from other loonys. 😆

CupcakeQueen: sorry for the interruption.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
blizzard: I think the use of punctuation may assist us in deciphering your code... 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
The events you have witnessed are attention seeking it is obvious that she wants to be acknowledged. Do other family members experience these happenings at all? Maybe try dig up some history of your land and house, it doesn't seem to be malevolent so I would not be to worried about this, although if these things continue to scare you there are many courses of action to take. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
natfish (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
you might try to talk to it. It dose not sound evil so maybe you can help it move on.
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
im really sorry not trying to be offensive blizzard but could you either slow down when typing or proof read before you post I can't make heads or tails of this comment and I'm sure it would be appreciated by all again not trying to be offensive you seem to have some good things to say I just can't understand some of what is trying to be said again sorry if I offended you
blizzard43 (40 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
how did the girl die if I knew I could tell you about a very stange me my fiends recently had well I can tell you we at my grand fatheres house and playing with my cousin when my cousin went inside for a drink me and my friends heard a laughin my frinds tree house we went upno one was there 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: