You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Old Adamsville Elementary School

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Adamsville Elementary School

 

I have recently met a woman through my husband named Cheryl Weismantel. He has helped her do some renovations to her home. She bought and moved into the old Adamsville elementary school on Arter Ln. In Zanesville Ohio. This old school sits across the road from the former R&R speedway.

Cheryl has been telling my husband about all the ghost stories that have taken place in her home. She tells my husband that when her home was still a school, a little boy fell down the steps and died. She says people have seen a little boy and girl there. She even has pictures of the girl. Cheryl contacted the TOPS team out of Springfield, Ohio. There is a clip on you-tube from her house showing a shadow figure of a man. She was told the entities mean her no harm and are mostly residual. This peaked my curiosity even more so last night I went there.

My brother and I waited until dark to go. We went in and I introduced my brother to Cheryl. We sat down around the table for a little while and just visited. As we were talking, twice I could see something out of the corner of my right eye. Every time I looked there was nothing there. As I sat there with my legs crossed talking, I felt something touch my foot twice. I was just getting ready to speak up and say something when all of a sudden I got the worst case of goose bumps I had ever had. It lasted for about four minutes. This was odd for me because I'm always hot. Now more anxious than ever I told her goodnight and that we would wake her up in a few hours so she could lock everything up when we left. My brother and I went upstairs and immediately tried to coax out the children with flashlights, toys, and some foam rubber balls. We also made a flour line in front of each door. Nothing happened in front of us, but as soon as we would return from another room the chalk would have little foot prints going away from the flour. We went downstairs for something to drink and when we got back upstairs the balls that we had placed on the floor were half way across the room. The tiny flashlight was gone completely. We never found it at all. My brother and I took many pictures with my digital camera. There were orbs in two of the pictures. There was also a shiny green light on the ceiling above my daughter in three of the pictures.

The kicker for me is when Cheryl's dogs came upstairs and started playing and jumping. One of them sat up in the middle of the room on her hind legs like she was begging. There was nobody in front of her (visibly).She then ran from room to room as if she was chasing someone. She looked like she was having fun.

I'm not sure what I believe or what I saw but it made for a very interesting evening. Y friend Cheryl is always welcoming people to come in and ghost hunt. She says older people and children almost always see things. She is in the Zanesville phone book under Cheryl Weismantel so if your team would like to investigate she is a great host.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lindsaysmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
oh! That is a nice place to investigate! I wish I could visit the place.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
Thank you for sharing this great story! It doesn't sound scary like some other school hauntings I've read about. And zzsgranny, I've seen documentaries about that terrible tornado you're referring to... I'll bet the location of that school is, indeed, extremely haunted.

Best wishes for happy ghost adventures!
Watersprite ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
lindsaysmom: oooooppppps, it was Xenia, Ohio...LOL...Same first sound right?...Don't ever get old! 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
lindsaysmom: I'm from Ohio, and I remember many years ago, there was an elementary school in Zanesville hit by a tornado, and many children died... Would this be the same school, or another one?
eternal_flame (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
You said your friend has a video on youtube. Could you provide a link for us?
SpExX (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I typed your childs school in on google maps the school is near a museum would his help?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: