You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Harmless North Florida Ghost? 2

Real Ghost Stories

Harmless North Florida Ghost? 2

 

Hey, thought I would put update you all.

I haven't heard anything in about 7 months and although this is nothing major, I finally can say I have seen the unusual. No, I haven't seen an apparition. The other day I did see an object move. To start off you would have to picture the bathroom of my house. When you walk in, the shower is directly in front of you and the a/c vent in the ceiling faces the shower curtain. On the other side of the vent is the sink and medicine cabinet. Right beside them is a shelf mounted on the wall. From the side of the shelf my wife has hooks to hang things on. One of those things is her straightening iron.

The door to the bathroom is hard to shut and once it is shut it is hard to open. Upon opening the door the vacuum effect caused will make the shower curtain blow back. So when you are in the shower, you will know if someone comes into the room. The other morning, I was taking a shower before heading off to work. My wife was in bed asleep. As usual I closed the door to the bathroom... It gets too cold in there if you don't. When I opened the shower curtain after turning off the water, I reached for my towel. That is when I noticed the cord to my wife's straightening iron swinging back and forth. I just stood and watched it until it stopped. It was at least 8 feet away and nobody else was in the room. I know from the other signs of entry that I explained before that nobody had been in there with me and since the a/c vent faces away from the cord, it certainly was not the vent. We also have no pets that could have played a role in the event. After exhausting all other possible causes, I am left with the knowledge that something moved that cord.

Granted, I was not scared by this. Neither was it accompanied by a sound or voice. Therefore I just dressed, went to the kitchen and made my breakfast and left for work. I have not attempted to contact anything in my home. As I have said in previous entries, I do not wish to speak to or see anything living in my home other than my wife. I just figured I would do as I had said I would and update anytime something happens. Maybe someone else out there can relate to the simple unexplained happenings, though they may be boring. Hopefully it will stay benign and we can coexist... Although, I do find all of it very interesting. When actions accompany voices or apparitions, I believe it will cease to be interesting to me.

Hope to write again before another 7 months have gone by.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bayouboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Bayouboy-
Oh yeah, that area has LOADS of activity. I'm around the Niceville/Destin area, practically live in Narnia, and have experiences out of the blue. At this point I'm half expecting a fawn or something to stand at one of the random lamp posts in my neighborhood.

Yeah, I probably should post some stories, seeing as how I start college in the spring semester, and I really need to start writing again. I submitted 2 stories so far, but I think they were a little rusty.
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-29)
Hey Shinigami0, I'm just outside of the Jacksonville area. Since St. Augustine is the oldest city in the U.S., there is a lot of history in this area. Combined with the already known native population of the time, there could be countless phenomenon occurring in this region, so I guess it doesn't matter where around here that you move to... It will be busy. By the way, you'll have to post some of your stories soon, between classes and term papers I guess.
Thanks
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Where at in North Florida are you? I live in that area as well, and I don't know about you, but it seems as if my town/ area is a giant portal for all kinds of supernatural shinanigans.
Its great that you tried looking for any logical explanations first, instead of jumping to a conclusion that it had to be supernatural.
Even if the entity is harmless, I'd still feel pretty awkward about it being in the same room I showered in. I'd try burning some sage in the house to try and get rid of it.
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
By the way James, the way the cord was swinging back and forth... It was as if a child was playing with it. (like a foot and a half across)
That and the height it was hanging lends itself to the child-ghost theory. Maybe the giggle heard in our bedroom and my bathroom visitor are one in the same.

Just thinkin'
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-26)
Yes, blue_raven80,I agree. I am happy that no harm comes from them. I have a friend who has a harmless ghost of a little girl at his home and he feels the same way. He on the other hand has seen his ghost, along with his wife. I'm not quite sure that I am up to that.
And James, you are right... The more we take in about experiences others have, the more we might understand our own. I use to work with a guy who asked me what I thought about ghosts and when I told him my opinion, he said he had seen one. His story has matched others that I have heard in various unique ways that help shape my perspective. That's one of the reasons we are all here on this site.
Thanks y'all.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
hi there!
I have read your previous posts. In my opinion, as long as the ghosts or entities don't hurt you and does not bother you in anyway, I think it is ok for them to stay in the house.

God Bless.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
BayouBoy--
Thanks for the update. It's not often folks come back after the first reports, and I like it because it gives more depth to understanding the paranormal dimensions.
One swaying cord is, as you suggest, not conclusive (air drafts are notoriously errant, and the hot vapors being released into a chilly room perhaps?, particularly with the more assertive phenomena you've experienced since you were young.
Ironic, isn't it, you don't want 'em but you get 'em. Keep your gris-gris handy, just in case!
~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: