You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Or Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Or Demon?

 

This encounter takes place back in 1993. I used to be a hairdresser and would do my friend's hair at their houses in my spare time. This particular friend of mine (Eddy) had parents that I befriended and we got along like peaches and cream. Well as our friendship became stronger I would go over and do their hair without him being at home. We had what you would call a "Bartering System." I would do their hair and they would pay for their services by getting food from the local taco truck. Everything was routine as usual. My friend's parents called me to come over and do their hair that night, which I had agreed to do. Me and my girlfriend Jennifer packed up my hair cutting tools and went over to Eddy's house; the time was around 10:30 p.m. This time it was the wife that wanted her hair cut, so the husband, his daughter (nicknamed "Chata") and my girlfriend all left to go to the taco truck. It was just the mother, (Mercedes) and I left alone at the house. She asked me if I was ready to cut her hair. I told her that the house was too dark to see what I was doing and that I needed some more light. She told me no problem and that there was a light in Eddy's room. For some strange reason that house was always dark and very light inadequate.

I followed Mercedes down the hallway to the bedroom and I told her to go in first because I didn't know where the light was, which she did. She told me that I had to come in the room and grab the other side of the light because it was a large fluorescent light that you usually find in industrial places. I grabbed the light and she told me to start backing out of the room. When I did I asked her if she would like me to turn toward the kitchen or toward the adjacent bedrooms further down the hall. She said that it did not matter. I turned toward the rooms at the end of the hallway, which meant I was facing the direction of where the kitchen was. Before Mercedes could get all the way out of the room with the other end of the light that she was carrying... I saw a very, very dark figure with a thin build about 5'-6" in height and wavy jet black hair (about 5 inches in length) running full sprint from her living room across the hallway and into the breakfast nook. All of my hair stood on end and I yelled to Mercedes that someone was in her house, so we set the light on the floor and I ran down the hallway into the kitchen that led to the breakfast nook trying to meet whatever or whoever it was. The only way this person or entity could have gotten out of the house would be through the garage.

I went to open the door that led to the garage and it was locked! I turned the latch and stepped out into the garage and no one was there. The garage door was down and the side door that leads out of the garage was closed and locked. This is when I really got freaked out because I now knew it wasn't a human; it was a ghost or a demon. The reason why I don't know what it was is because it was supernatural, but it was very dark in nature, which takes on the commonalities of a demonic spirit.

I was always told that house was haunted by the parents, but I never believed them because they joked around so much (especially the husband). I am a firm believer in ghosts, spirits and demons because I saw what I saw with my own eyes. The year is now 2010 and I still think about that night from time to time. I will never forget what I saw, but the question is, "what was it, a Ghost or Demon?

The family has since moved away about the year 1997.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pbreezy15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I'm no expert at this, but it could very well possibly be a ghost that has not fully manifested itself which is why it looked like a shadow or dark figure...we've had a few of those in my house and one in my room. Demons... Or at least the one I encountered, regularly whispers in my ear calling my name and in one instance showed himself to me (now that was scary). If it was just running/dashing through the hallways and not really bothering anyone... It most likely is a ghost/spirit that has not moved on.
blood2121 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
Hey rayn not all demons are bad I'm sick and tired of people always thanking that way 😠
Rayn (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
If it didn't do any harm to anyone its not a demon. Demons usually set out to hurt or scare, possibly worse. If it just ran through the house and didn't even look at you, then it was residual. If it looked at you then that's a spirit/ghost. That's how if figure things out by.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
What did the mother say to you about that incident, or did she just laugh it off? That would have been pretty freaky to have witnessed definitely seems like a shadow person, was there any other events witnessed in this home or stories from your friends would love to hear them. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I believe it was a ghost. Demons tend to torment and wreak havoc on people's lives. This family seemed happy. Thanks and take care 😊
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
that sounds like it was just a regular shadow person. Don't fear them. They can't hurt you, only scare you. Demons are different. Yes, lower forms of demons do appear like shadow people, but they do different things than just run around, float around, and stand over you.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
JimD - Not everything that appears as dark is "demonic", and demons do not wait before attacking a person or family. They make their presence bluntly known, and attempt to posses or destroy shortly after owners move into their houses.

Not to mention, the family would have wasted time and efforts trying to exterminate a friendly ghost with blessed objects; they don't work against friendly or nice spirits. The spirit in question did not attack, merely observed the family. Please take your "everything is evil if it's a shadow" talk elsewhere; it is human nature to fear things that we can not see or explain with logic. I have a good ghost in my basement, but I still get the creeps from him. It doesn't mean he's a demon.

By the way, joeyisaghost - We need to know your story if you want our opinions or help. We can't help you if we do not know the story.

Penny ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
clearly, she is not looking for assistance, as the family left this house long ago. I think she is only looking for opinions.
Again...if it had been a problem of the demonic, you and the family wouldn't have gotten off with just seeing a ghost every now and then.
JimD (431 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
Hi;

It sounds like a demon, due to the attendant fear and chaos it created. Demons normally manifest as dark "people", but with some oddity of appearance, i.e. A missing face. I sugggest use of Catholic holy water, and blessed salt, especially at night. The names of Jesus and Mary help a lot also. Good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
ghost

Demonic haunts are not subtle. You will most certainly know when confronted with one.
joeyisaghost (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I need someone to tell me if what I'm dealing with is a demon, or a ghost
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I don't think it was a demon. Sometimes, when a ghost or spirit can not manifest itself fully into an apparation, it can appear as just a shadow. The fact that it did not try to attack you, and you never said that anyone in the house got attack, just simply points, in my opinion, to a weaker spirit.

You're going to get a lot of people on here that start ranting about getting the house blessed or what-have-you, but blessings rarely work in the case of friendly spirits, or ones that bear the family no ill-will. Prehaps he just liked to have a dark house. I would do more research on the house and on the land before jumping to conclusions. I don't think there's anything malicious about the spirit, but it never hurts to do your homework.

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: