You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dark Figure in the Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure in the Mirror

 

I remember clearly about this event when I was in Vietnam visiting my relatives. I am now 21 years old. It was around April when I was either 15 or 16 years old. I remember that day me and my two sisters shared a room, they got the bed facing the door and I got the bed facing the mirror. In Vietnam, it doesn't matter what season it was, the sun will set down at around 7pm or something and it will be completely dark around 9pm.

The sun will rise up at around 5 to 6am. I remember that one night when I went to sleep at around 10pm or something. I was passed out completely sleeping on my back, so basically I can see the ceiling. Then suddenly I woke up at around 12 or 1am, I can't clearly remember what the time was. I was half conscious and half awake if that's what you call it. I couldn't move, I was calling out for help from my sisters but they couldn't hear me.

My body felt so heavy and I could barely open my eyes. But when I got it to open slightly I look at the mirror and I saw a dark shadow looking back at me. I couldn't see her, I could feel it was a girl and all I saw was the eyes, I can't remember but the eyes were either red or pitched black eyes. After all my struggling, I finally awoke after like 10 to 15 minutes from that trance like state of mind and looked at the mirror but nothing was their. It was one of those big mirrors where you can see your whole body when standing.

After that event, I never had it again when I was still in Vietnam sleeping in front of that mirror. Can anyone tell me what I've experienced?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xxvietnamxx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

YeseGrey15 (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Hi there awesome story! Thank you for sharing. I was raised to never look into mirrors at night because it "Wouldn't be you" in the reflection. Til this day I am in my mid 20's and when I get up to use the bathroom at night I never look at the mirrors. Although curiosity did get me once and I did look up only to be scared and scarred for life lol never again did I do that again.
ivneversleptatnite (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
hey there, I'm viet too! ❤ but just I don't live in Vietnam! My mom told me that was called "moc de". It means ghost/ evil spirit from wooden stuffs around comes out and just stay ON you! This happened 2 me b4! I got that so usually when I was in vn it was like once a week since I was very little until 8 when I went to america. You noe wut? My bed faces a wall sized mirror! That's scary
shadow13 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
hi that is really scary my bed faces a mirror so I'm scared like all the time
Pnaycute (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
Hi there I'm a filipina but because my boyfriend is chinese/vietnamese I get all types supersticious things (Feng shui) thrown at me by his mummy. One thing she said is, never put a mirror facing the bed. When your sleeping, your soul leaves the body. If you dream about ghosts and immediately wake up and look in the mirror, you will see that ghost staring at you. Sometimes you can even go crazy and loose your soul. It's happened to someone I know.
xSecretxMessagex (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
I've had that to many times, by which I'm trying to say, when I'm a sleep I'd suddenly wake up but no matter how hard I try to move there's like this force holding me back. Some people think its a ghost or something controling you but actually, its a flipino disease (not sure if its a disease) but its caused by dehydration this problem is called "bangungot" I'm not sure about this so don't yell at me if I got it wrong, but if you ever get this again, you could try to drink lots of water before sleeping
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I experienced sleep paralysis when I was younger and learned how to deal with it. Just relax and it will go away within a 10 or 20 seconds then go back to sleep.
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
I just had an experience like this. It definetly sounds like sleep paralysis but I think that you can experience things in that state of mind that are paranormal and really scary. Did you have your feet to the mirror? I know that it's bad luck to have your bed facing a doorway because its like a coffin being sent out or something like that.
Maxie5 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
wow I get this too! I will fall asleep on the chair in my living room and then I will be awake but I can't open my eyes or move. I will try to aske for help but I cant. I even got this in the hospital after my surgery. I was sleeping and my mom was watching tv and then I fealt like I couldn't breathe and I was trying to yell for mymom cause she was right their but all she heard was my groans. And I coulnt open my eyes.
EmThu90 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-15)
I have heard things like your story before, expectally because you are vietnamese this is likely to happen to you. This in english people call the ghost is sitting or laying on you. I guess what you saw was a girl trying to kill you by sitting you off so you can't breath. A tip of you to remeber ghosts are only allowed to scare you but they can not kill you! If they do so they will be punished even worst in hell. Next time this happens to you just remeber to relaxe and it will stop and go away.
cash98 (19 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
I think that it was a vietnam soldier that died around that place a long time ago, now she haunts the place, but you haven't seen her in a while, I just think that it is a regular haunting. 😊
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Mirrors can be gateways, but some thing else in the room, could have also contributed. Some times when you stay some where, you have to close the doorways that others have opened using other methods. Ouja boards open up doorways, but they're are other ways to open them. 😐 When just staying in a hotel/motel room, or a family members house, you can never know what doors are there.
Axl_the_Hunter (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
I some what agree with evilblackwidow9 mirrors can be used as a gateway, but some times they just need to get you to a state were no one can save you and then they come through. I had one exprense like that and it was interesting.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
did you have any trouble with your friends family to you...etc...? Because maybe it was trying to tell you something! 😕 😢
Miss_Stacey (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-08)
I had an experience just like this one. It happened a couple of weeks after I had my first baby. It was about 8 years ago. I haven't had another since. But from what I heard, it is a spirit trying to possess your body for a moment. Maybe to complete unfinish business? 😊
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
i think...crap...this ones hard... I think you were kind of possesed by a ghost... Like you were held down by one ghost while the other read your thoughts... Or somthing... I dunno... That hasnt happened happened to me sence I was 4 😕 it was a bit wierd...(I got amniesia after that.)
chellyma (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-20)
Its a lot of names to this sleep paralysis so, yea its hard to explain but as for the eyes and other things that you saw I simply have no other explaination to that!
Mandy (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
I think you experienced an episode of sleep paralysis since you stated that you couldn't move and experienced a "trance-like state". I've had multiple episodes of SP before in which I seen a demon in my closet staring at me, a dark shadow standing beside my bed, and in daylight when I thought something was with me and tried to pull the covers off of me. I'm not sure why it happens, but apparently scientists call it sleep paralysis and say that it's when you awaken in the middle of REM sleep when you're still in a dream-like state so you actually hallucinate. You're sort of in between sleep and being awake. Anyhow, it's a very scary experience and I hope you never experience it again. Good luck to you. 😉
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-16)
i believe that a spirit was trying to pass into the world through you... Mirrors can sometimes be gateways between the worlds if conditions are right... Either that or your subconcious was wandering and trying to give you a hidden message judging by what you said "half asleep, half awake"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: