You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Ghost Of My Father

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Of My Father

 

I've always believed in something, whatever that is I've never been sure, but I've always been open minded that there's always something past the naked eye. I've got no reason to lie; I just want to share 'whatever it is' has happened to me.

My father died when I was 10, I am 17 years old now. Without beating around the bush, he was a very abusive man, maniacal, sometimes suicidal. When Saturday used to come around, that was his day to destroy everything in the house, and hurt us as well. At my age it didn't seem like human behavior, I'm just lucky myself I haven't taken on any of those traits now I'm growing up. After he passed away in 2003 was when my house started taking up strange phenomena, with more serious experiences shortly after the period of his passing.

We had a family friend over one night; it must have been a few weeks to a month after he died. It was very quiet; everyone was lazing around the house minding their own business. Out of nowhere, one of the glasses flew off the table and smashed as if being hit with force. This wasn't just a glass falling off the table and smashing, we're talking about something slamming there hand on the side of the glass and sending it flying across the room. Our two cats were asleep, and no one was even near the table.

When someone passes away we usually light a candle, somewhat of a tradition. However no candle would stay alight preceding my father's passing. Every now and then little things have been known to happen. Nothing has been reported as dramatically as that, but still enough to make the hair on your neck stand on end. Whenever we have guests over, they always mention odd noises throughout the night, one of my friends actually hearing the door opening and closing. Most experiences usually go over my head and I tend to forget about them, but after the scare I got last night (07/8/2010) I had to share with someone.

I was lying in bed with my cat; it was probably around 1:30-2:00am. After laying there I felt a moving, as if someone was moving through the room beside mine. We have an old house, and you can really feel when somebody moves around the place, however only me and my mother live in this house now and she was fast asleep. After feeling the movement through my bed I heard gradual thumping noises. I don't know how to explain them. Like footsteps but muffled. They moved up the side of the room beside me and past my room. I have no door on my room, just curtains. When the noises reached the front of the doorway, a heavier thump was made that made both myself and my cat sit up in bed. I wasn't hearing things. I watched my cats head follow from right to left as if she was watching someone pass by my doorway. The hair on my neck was standing on end, and just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I heard a noise similar to a gurgle, or a groan, it could've been a burp as well. At that moment my cat got up and raced out of my room, and me cowering in fear followed behind, I turned on all the lights to find nothing.

Do you think my house has something going on it?

I honestly don't know what to think. It's been keeping me up lately. I was considering maybe getting together a few friends and maybe doing a vigil to see if we can get something on camera.

-Goatie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goatie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Goatie (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-15)
I'm actually more concerned not for me, but for the future buyers of the house as we have it up for sale. I'm not too worried, I just want to give them some sort of heads up you know. We haven't had any serious poltergeist activity for years now. We're the 2nd lot of people to have this house after the first owner/builder, so it might be possible that a change of residence might trigger something in the spirit realm.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
I agree with biblefreeme. This guy seemed like a real jewel in life, and people's personalities don't change after death. Any negative/fear reaction would probably only give him more energy to use to frighten you. Seek out a reputable medium to send him packing.
In the meantime, do your best to ignore him. Fill your home with love and positive energy. Make it as happy a place as possible. Angry people, living or not, hate happiness. If they are shown they cannot destroy it, they run from it.
Best of luck to you ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-13)
hey Goatie I'm so sorry you had your childhood ruind by this mans behaviour I realy can't imagin how it was for you. It sounds to me like as this man was a bully in life so is he trying to be in spirit, imagine having all that anger and not being able to do any thing with it. Your family could probably do with some help to persuade dad to move on I'm pretty sure it is him try and use as much love and understanding as you can, believe it or not hes probably very frightend to move on you have a lot of self realisation to go through and he probably knows he did wrong and can't face it yet. Some help from a medium could help you both heal and find peace if you feel that's what you want also they can help to clear your home I realy wish you luck and hope you find peace in your life 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: