You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Creeper Spirit In My Basement 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Creeper Spirit In My Basement 2

 

Fred has been increasingly active lately, and it's driving me mental. Let's recap some of the crud he's put me through in the past... Oh, it's been about a week now, I guess? I'm going to just copy and paste some of what I wrote in my comments, because I know those need to be tidied up and re-examined by me.

I had run to that house on my lunch break two Thursdays ago now, to grab a jacket, and Fred decided to spook me again. And he drained my cell phone's battery, which had full battery when I went INTO the house. I think he's mad that I haven't been home lately (Nala, my beagle puppy, had been in the emergency vet clinic, and I'd been staying with my mom, rather than be totally alone at my dad's huuuge house). I had heard him either humming or crying, just a low kind of melodical tone. I had also heard him knocking my dog's food dishes around (though that could be the spirit of my last beagle, who we had to put down at age 15... She was old, and muchly loved), and I also heard Fred running up and down the stairs from my main floor to the upper floor (I was in the Basement). Everything stopped when I told him that I would be back in a day or two. He thinks he's sooooo funny...

--

The same day Fred decided to be a complete jerk to me, my boyfriend was watching TV at my house while I marinated steaks that we would be having for dinner the next night (I love cooking, and lots of stuff Fred does takes place when I cook. I guess he loves the smells of baking, too!). The TV, all of a sudden, turned itself off. My boyfriend, Gavin, who is a huuuuuge skeptic, just looked at the TV, then back to me, and asked, "... Did you do that?" I just shook my head, smiling, and responded, "Nope, that was Fred. He must not like your TV preferences." Gavin was unamused, and passed it off as an electrical problem. This TV is old, but no one has had problems with it before.

He turned the TV back on, continued watching the show, and it turned the TV off again. Gavin yelled, "IT'S JUST A COINCIDENCE!" I turned the TV on, to something different, and the TV didn't do anything for the rest of the weekend. Hmmm...

--

The Friday that my dog came home, so the day after Fred was messing with Gavin, when I got home, Gavin and I were watching TV in the basement with Nala. I went to go into my room, and all of a sudden my right hand, and only my right hand, went ice cold, and the two bones that stick out a little on my wrist started to tingle, like an electric shock, almost. I'm pretty sure he grabbed my wrist. This has never happened before, nor again since.

The same night, I was showering, and Gavin was watching TV. I kept hearing running around upstairs, when I knew my boyfriend and my dog were in the basement with me. My boyfriend did not hear a single thing.

--

The Sunday, the night Gavin went back to his house, I was staying in my dad's room instead of mine. Fred was running up and down the stairs in my house, but I think that there was something else here, too. A Second entity. I could sense Fred, but I also felt a second, more malicious entity. It was so scary, I had to run from the top floor to the basement, while talking on the phone to Gavin, to grab pajamas for the night. It hasn't been back in over a week, which does make me believe that the second creeper was passing through.

Shortly after the creepy feeling started on the Sunday, I got a text on my cell from no one. It was a Delta-symbol and an "at" symbol as the sender. Blank, no message. This has only ever happened to me twice, and it's the same thing both times. I can't find anything online about that sender, and my phone can't even make the delta triangle on it's own, nor can anyone elses phone (that I know of), and I don't have any contacts with that name. Anyone who sends me a text, and I don't have them in my address book, shows up as their phone number. I was so terrified that I barely slept. I hate texts from no one. CURSES FRED.

The text from no one, I think, was from Fred, and meant to be as a reassurance. When I got the text mentioned above, I was in my dad's room. Above his door is a large, blessed, crucifix. According to everything, evil can not pass a crucifix, much less a blessed one. I think Fred wanted to tell me that he was taking care of the angry jerk hanging out outside my dad's room. What a sweet Fred. [love]

--

Stuff during the week was more normal; Fred fixing the thermostat; me actually getting to see Fred as a shadow (he appeared like a white-gray shadow, not black. Another symbol of good, maybe?). Fred opened the overly-difficult-to-open-dryer - he likes to do that; The Thursday night that my family came home, I saw Fred's shadow again, and he looked annoyed with me. I thought about it and realized I forgot to say good night to him. So I apologized, said good night, and I felt calm, and the shadow disappeared again. Oh Fred.

--

This past Friday, my dad's router for his internet just stopped working. He needed to reinstall it, and no matter how many times he tried, he couldn't get the disk to run - it kept freezing up his computers. He had to go out, so he asked me to try to fix it. I shrugged and said sure. I restarted my dad's computer, ran the disk, and fixed the computer on my second attempt at trying to do so.

The internet ran perfectly until my dad tried to use it after I had gone out. I walked in the front door, and the instant I did, the router started working perfectly again. I think Fred only wants me using the internet, and not my dad. Who knows. Just an odd story.

--

This past Saturday, my family had gone out again, and I was on the main floor, on my computer, and Nala was asleep on her bed. I could hear crinkling and shuffling, like someone dragging their feet on the carpet. At 1:00PM. In broad daylight. Shortly after the shuffling, the water started running in out kitchen sink, and it's one of the ones where you have to lift the handle for the water to run. I looked up from my computer, and sure enough, the handle was up. Nala looked at me, then at the sink. I just rolled my eyes and said, "Fred, knock it off, you're not THAT funny." And the water shut itself off.

I was weirded out a bit.

Also this past Saturday, this time at night, Gavin and I went downtown with his mom to a bar fr her birthday. I was fine as we drove along, until we came upon one city block, where I started to feel anxious and claustrophobic. The air was heavy, thick, and weighed about 30 pounds. As soon as we finished driving by, the feelings were completely gone, and I was left feeling only a bit shaken. I didn't feel anything like that for the rest of the night.

--

Thanks again for taking the time to read, and I would LOVE for someone to help me look up the history of my area. Feel free to email me to help, because I want to know who Fred could really be! Also, I have a friend willing to do EVPs at my house with me now, but it has to wait until my parents are out again.

Happy Hunting,

Penny [love]

Other hauntings by Pendragon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pendragon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darkhorse9 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
I can't help but to wonder if you remind this spirit of someone from their life or if maybe you could've been related in someway to this spirit in your past life. I honestly haven't researched anything yet but can't help but to add that to many hunches
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Nabear:

I never thought of it that way! I completely forgot that accidents on farm land happened, as well as the bad things. I'll look into those when I get a chace to go to the hall of records in my city. And thank you for posting that story for me! I will definitely check it out right away.:)

Penny ❤
Nabear (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
With the way you describe Fred, I don't think he would be a murder or suicide victim. A suicide victim would most likely be very sad. Since you are empathic, a suicide victim would probably make you feel depressed.

As for Fred being a murder victim... Well, with everything you've said, I have a hard time believing anyone would want to kill Fred.

My best guess is that Fred died in an accident.

There's currently a story on the front page about the spirit of a young boy who died in a train accident. He is also a very pleasant ghost.

Link: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12008
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
Hey guys, just an update - Fred's off visiting family this weekend - I didn't sense him when I got home last night. I think what I may do is go to my dad's church and pay for a mass to be said for him, or rather, a mass under "special circumstances". I want the poor thing to be at rest, and nothing I say will get him there - he's already shown me that. He's attached, and I like him being aroiund, but I don't want him stuck here forever.

This probably won't happen for another week or so, but I'll keep you guys posted.

Penny ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Hi Pendragon thanks for your reply yes I do understand the feeling you get when spirits are around I have felt the exact same sensations you described. Digging up some history bout Fred sounds like a great idea would be good to see if your on the money bout the age and being a male that would be awesome. I wish you happy hauntings from Fred, keep us posted.

Thank you

Dan
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Badtay16- Thanks! EVERYONE I know wants a Fred once I tell them about him. He's lovable.

Darkness- I just call him Fred. I have yet to do an EVP and get his real name, but I will eventually do so. I just used Fred to give him a name. And yes, I do feel that he was indeed male. I like him, and just think he is a curious person. I need to get a hold of some old news papers from my city and scan them for who he could be. I want to help him, but I don't have the time to right now. He feels like a younger spirit, hence all the pranks. I'd say either a suicide on the railroad that used to go through my neighbourhood, or the unfortunate victim of a murder in the farmers field that was here as well.

Regardless, he's harmless, and seems to like me. My sisters get chills in the basement, and just admit to being "creeped out". Never scared. And they're 8 and 10. I feel creeped out when Fred is near, but never scared. I don't know how to explain it. You can feel the difference in the air. He does not radiate fear, he just makes the house cool, but he makes everything welcoming.

I'm also a bit energy-sensitive/empathic. Angry/evil spirits make my chest tighten and make it hard for me to breath, and they also make certain body parts of mine hurt. Fred just makes the air a bit heavier. I've never been "smothered" by him. I can't even set foot in graveyards because of this.

Does this answer the questions?
Penny ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Pendragon: Interesting stories, what is your overall opinion on Fred? Who is he and how do you know his name is Fred? From the way you explain your experiences it seems as though he is always striving for your attention although doing it in a very weird fashion do your other family members experience anything related to Fred?.

Thank you for sharing

Dan 😊
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
The way you talk about Fred I want a ghost that is mad when you ont say goodnight to it and stuff! Lol I love all your stories and everytime I see your name on a story I read it immediatlty can't wait for the next story!

Taylor ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
No, not yet, MCP. It was just a bunch of office buildings we were passing - Anything could have been on the land before they showed up. I don't even remember what street we were on. 😭
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Well life has been pretty eventful for you huh? ❤

I wonder what was in that area you were driving through. Have you gone to check it out since then?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
MothToFlame - Thank you so much! I should have mentioned that the last story was not Fred related; My house is on the outskirts of the city. I was half asleep writing this, and working at the same time. I love Fred to death - Like I keep saying, he's like the annoying younger brother I never got to have. You're right - I don't feel that clausterphobic around fred, and I definitely think it could have been the area of town; Our Downtown has a reputation for being haunted, and I wouldn't doubt that it was one of the city's angrier spirits makeing me feel so... Closed in.

Biblefreeme - Thanks! I thought so as well. I couldn't explain how it happened with logic, and Fred was my only answer. I couldn't explain how my wrist tingled, and not the rest of my hand. 😆

Penny ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
hi, just wanted to say that tingling elecric shock feeling you mentiond, you probably where touched by fred I have also been grabed by a spirit and you describe perfectly the same feeling I had at the time
MothToFlame (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
I'm not sure if I should find Fred friendly, funny or annoying. He seems like the kind of person (err... Spirit) that thinks being immature is hilarious (though, at times, it can be).

And to be honest, the last experience just... I don't know, stumps me. Are you positive it might be Fred that made you feel claustrophobic? Maybe it was that malice second spirit you felt before? (But that may be false). I mean, Fred doesn't seem like the kind to make you feel that way.

Sure, he can be annoying and all, but would he really make you feel THAT uncomfortable? I don't think so. Then again, I don't really know Fred that well...

Anyway, you have some great stories here! I must admit, I LOVE every one of them! ❤ Can't wait to read more!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: