You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: They Are Back... Now What?

Real Ghost Stories

They Are Back... Now What?

 

Let's see as far as I can remember I have always had this issue with the paranormal, always feeling like I have absolutely lost my mind, feeling at one point that maybe I need to see if there is some type mental health issue I should really speak to someone about. Here is why...

My first experience was as a child between 6 or 7 years old. My family had bought a huge Victorian house. As a child I loved it until I experienced my first ghost experience. I still remember it like it was yesterday... I awoke to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and looked down the banister of the stairs next to my bedroom on the second floor of the house. I saw a man standing in a black and red flannel; he backed up quickly disappearing into the dark. He looked as if he was dressed for a day's work on a farm, but he didn't have a face... All of this started from a Paper Mache doll that I found in an attic closet in this house, which resembled something you would assume as voodoo (I really wish this was made up but it's not). Ok, at that point I spent the next 6 years with the blanket over my head and when I slept I plugged my ears. I always felt watched, I heard noises and footsteps constantly but only at night, when no one else was awake. However for a period of time I blocked out the sounds, the visuals until as of three years ago.

I started to open my eyes and now I feel like I have opened a door that cannot close. I do not feel threatened however ghosts are showing up in photographs everywhere I go, things will turn on such as my computer or my hair dryer at 3am. Honestly I'm scared again because so much activity takes place and my children are starting to notice. My middle child is scared and it hurts my heart because I see myself when he hides under his blankets... I'm reaching out to anyone who may have a resolution for a happy medium... I'm interested and blessed to have experienced what is going on but I don't want my children affected by the outcome like I was...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissAmbition, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
pupeteer13 is right about the chines/japanese people they are extremely knowlegable, however you certainly must not let your children think these spirits are going to hurt them spirits are no badder than the people they once where and a lot less powerfull I don't think cleansing with sage will be the answer if its you that has the gift its you that needs to learn how to close your self off a good meadium can help you there though sage may make things quieter for your children.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
Ahem if I may give my expert oppinion miss as someone who deals with spirits as an exorcist. As to your good spirits fully agree with the other learned people who have spoken and let your children know that it is allright to see these ghosts. As to the darker presences how ever I have two recomendations each to be used in the order givin. #1. Buy a stick of sage from a local shop and burn it throughout the house especialy were the darker entities are know to appear. If this fails that leads me to option two out of all the cultures that populate this world none are more experianced in matters dealing whith ghosts then the chinese or japanese. So step one head to chinatown step two find and heralist or charm seller and ask them what they have for your problem. Please keep me informed I would be happy to help in anyway I can and my email is onmy profile

Good luck
-Puppeteer
BinghamtonParanormal (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear of your trouble with the unexplained. My team is full of professional paranormal investigators that are willing to come an help. We are based out of New York as well, Binghamton to be exact.

We charge nothing to come up and conduct a full fledge investigation. We have been doing this for a long time now and we are here to bring answers to people that need them.

Our website is full of information: binghamtonparanormal.com

Also, you can e-mail us at binghamtonareaparanormalsociety [at] yahoo.com where we can swap information and through there you will receive our phone number in which we can then conduct a phone interview and get up to your location as soon as possible to give you answers.

We do not want you to be scared and we want to help in every way possible. Please contact us.

Thank You

Derek

Founder of the Binghamton Area Paranormal Society
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
Research. Learn. Read everything you can about ghosts. I was scared of the paranormal until I decided it wasn't going to leave me alone, so I may as well learn about it. It helped the fear. The harmful entities are a lot more rare than most people think. The majority of entities that we humans sense are human ghosts- remember that. Not demons, not incubi, not anything harmful. Just lost, harmless human ghosts.
Controlling your emotions, especially fear, is very important. The emotions you send out go a long way in determining what personalities of ghosts are drawn to you. Kind, positive people stay positive in death. Nasty, negative people stay negative. Send out negative emotions like fear or anger, the kind, easygoing ghosts will start to leave you alone because they don't want to bother you. But other personalites will notice you. And they know that you can notice them. They can't hurt you, but they can annoy the heck out of you.
The ability to sense the paranormal seems to run in families. It's not surprising that your children are experiencing things. Talk to them. Ask them about their experiences, and share your own with them. Learn about this together. Don't try to attempt communicating with the ghosts, you don't seem ready. Just quietly observe the ghosts as they do what they do. Keep a ghost journal, with dates, weather conditions, moon phases. This should help you to notice a pattern in ghostly activity.
Learn as a family, stand strong and support each other. Best wishes to you. ❤
Rebeccaa (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
I agree with Lilady4, you have to be firm and tell them to leave. If that doesn't work maybe get some professional help?
Hope everything goes well:)
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Hi MissAmbition, my partner is like you and sees spirit, while I hear spirit (notice how I call ghosts, spirits). You have to be open with your children about experiencing the paranormal-say to them that it's okay to see them. Encourage them to speak to you about what they see.
You can keep evil spirits out by not inviting them in your home, light candles and incense and pray to God (or your God if you have one) to help you, or just plainly tell spirit to leave you, and be firm.
Best of Luck
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
Never underestimate the ability of Cold Iron to repel the spirits of malevolent critters:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: