You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandma's Scream

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma's Scream

 

As a child, the haunted house we lived in on Bannatyne changed my perception of the world. There was more than what the eye could see. There was our world and the unknown, separated by a fine line. Strange occurrences like the lights switching off or on, on their own or eyes piercing into you were frequent. Whenever I had to use the washroom, I did it in Olympic time, not unless I was mysteriously locked in there. (It was an ordinary door with no lock)

In the wee hours of one particular night my grandma's horrific scream had the entire house at her bedside in a matter of seconds. She was almost hysterical as we witnessed blood dripping from the ceiling and onto her pink flannel nightgown. I recall standing there gawking as the adults tried to make some sense of it. I can't remember what happened next but I'll never forget that night.

The house is long gone. It was torn down and a small apartment complex is in its place. I'm positive spirits remain on the site. I wasn't surprised one day when I read in the paper about a grisly murder on the very land I speak of.

I'm in my early forties now and I avoid driving down Bannatyne as much as possible. If I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll cruise by and glance over to see if I can catch a glimpse of something, anything.

Other hauntings by valerie67

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, valerie67, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valerie67 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-14)
Sorry, I haven't had the chance to go City hall yet and see about the history about the house. I will go eventually and I'll post what I come across.
Yes, this in Winnipeg.
Shuster84 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
I think this is in Wpg, right? That must have been so scary! 😢
sweety (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-20)
did you ever go to town hall or library to find out history of house. By the way how is your g-ma that had to be awful for her?
valerie67 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
BrandonCR- Thanks for the help. I do know a couple of experiences my family had. I would like to get their permission before I post them. I'll be back soon!
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
City Hall might have records on the property, it isn't uncommon, and it probably wouldn't cost anything to see them. Freaky story, but good none the less, I'm sure that some of your family has experienced other things in that place, ask them if they remember.
valerie67 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Sweety- It does sound like Amityville and I'm sure you can imagine how freaked out I was when I saw the movie later on in my early teens. It sounds like a preposterous tale and yet it isn't. (meaning my story)
Ghostfox96- thanks for the compliment. It means a lot to me. I have never written these stories before and I'm glad I'm getting them out there...er...here, I should say. I'm so grateful for this site. There's no other like it. Seems like the other sites are a bunch of rubbish.
Pinkzilla- I will look into it when I have more time. As far as I can remember, I was told a woman killed her boyfriend on the second floor, among other creepy incidences... Where does one look for the entire history of a property? Any info will help. I also know it will cost a few dollars. Am I right?
sweety (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
wow creepy sounds like amityville horror to me. Do some research and get back to us!
ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
woah, when you said that blood dripped down onto your grandma, chills!
What a great story 😳
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
That must have been so freaky! I wonder what happened there to make the blood drip down onto your grandma. Have you done any research into the history of the property?

:0)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: