You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Creepy Event At Grandma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Event At Grandma's House

 

I will start my story by saying that I personally have always had feelings of something strange or just out of the ordinary at my grandparent's house, but this story is about my son.

I was a very young mother having my first son when I was 16 years old. When I turned 20 my second son was born. I was living with my parents but their house began to get quite crowded for everyone living there so my grandparents were kind enough to invite my boys and me to live with them. They lived just across the street from my parents and had always been a very big part of my life. By that time I had already had plenty experiences of just eerie feelings in their house, most of which was centered on the far end of their basement.

Me and my youngest son stayed in the "play room" where all the toys from my childhood were, as well as some from my dad's, were kept. My eldest son slept with my grandmother. Well the location of my room was right above the end of the basement where I would get all the creepy feelings, but I had never had any bad feelings in the play room.

When my youngest son was around the age of 2 or maybe a few months less, he was beginning to talk fairly well and began having small conversations with all of us. Well to my surprise one day we were in the living room just playing in the floor. Out of the blue my son looked at me and asked, "Do ghosts have eyes?". This completely floored me because I didn't even know that he had heard anything about ghosts let alone knew the word. I just tried to shrug it off and I told him there was no such thing as ghosts. Well for the next couple of weeks he would just randomly ask me the same question again and again. I finally asked him why he wanted to know about ghosts. Keep in mind at this point he is at the most 2 years old. Well he looked at me and said, "At night while you are asleep a man comes in my room and looks at me with his eyes". I couldn't see myself but I know all the color drained from my face when he said that. He never seemed afraid in that room and never woke me up at night for any reason besides needing to use the bathroom or regular stuff like that. I just told him he was probably dreaming, which I really don't think he was, but I did this just to ease his mind and not make him feel afraid. Soon after that he stopped mentioning anything about ghosts or the "man" that would come into his room. Then later that year we moved into our own home and I haven't heard him speak anything of the paranormal.

I just thought this was somewhat disturbing for a 2 year old to say, but I thought everyone would enjoy hearing it. Let me know what you all think!

Courtney

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaMaof2angels, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
you say your son slept with your grandma if grandad had passed maybe it was him watching your son, just a thought
MaMaof2angels (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Darkness: that is something I have wondered myself very often, as to why he would ask if ghosts have eyes. The only thing I can think of is possibly the only "ghosts" he had seen were the cartoon depiction of a white sheet with dark holes for eyes!

Something odd though occurred with him recently. My family took a vacation to a somewhat historical city, and as you know most of them have a ghost walk which this one had as well. We decided to go because the advertisement said it was "kid friendly" and my youngest son being 5 now we thought would be ok. The walk was extremely benign, nothing scary at all, but my son was sort of apprehensive about the whole thing. I thought it was just because he is so young and was nervous. Well we went through the walk and one of the last stops was a privatley owned home, with no occupants right now, where supposedly a curtain can be seen pulling away from the window as if someone is watching you. Well my son became extremely frightened at this house. He was physically shaking and wouldn't even look up at it. We had to walk away from there until the tour moved on to another location.

I don't know if this was just because he was scared in general or if he felt or saw something at that one stop that really frightened him. He did not react that way at any other place we went. But I know I will never take him on another ghost walk until he is much older.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Kind of a creepy thing for him to say to you at that age I bet. You mentioned yourself that the house had a "feel" about it, it very well could have been a ghost that he saw. The whole question wether ghosts have eyes is weird though I don't know what to make of that, what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Silene02 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Well I can tell you that when my son was almost the same age of yours used to talk about his "friend" and point at something I couldn't see. I tried to imagine that nothing was there and follow "the play" saying to his friend: "Don't make ***** (my sons name) afraid!" This because my son often could come running and saying that his friend turned into a cat or dog, etc and made him afraid.

But after a while a lot of poltergeist activity began to happen at my house and at last the "friend" proved to be very real!
ghosts_rock (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
How does he know it's a ghost? Did the ghost talk to him? That is very strange, I'm suprised he didn't come and get you or something
Aaron_G_B (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-17)
its very possible that a ghost did come in and watch him kids are more sensitive to that kind of stuff although if wasn't scared it probably wasn't malicious so nothing to worry about

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: